Author Topic: Can I brag about my husband ?  (Read 1533 times)

POF

Can I brag about my husband ?
« on: March 17, 2007, 02:36:40 PM »
DH is a very kind person. For years we could not afford a snow blower ( tough in New England ) so we always shoveled. On occasion when we had the cash we would pay someone to come and plow our driveway.  Several neighbors had blowers - but on only one occasion did someone lend a hand  (note: I wouldn't expect someone to - it's a chore you have to do - like mowing your yard).

Last winter when we got a snowblower - DH would always plow a few of the neighbors - his thought was - I am already out in the cold and wet - it'll only take me a few extra minutes. One lady in particular is divorced - with 2 kids and is always very appreciative. People always say thanks and are thrilled.

Yesterday - DH cleared out our yard and several neighbors - it wasn't a lot of snow - but it was going to get icy. A liitle after lunch today our neighbor ( divorced with 2 kids ) showed up with a big box of bakery treats and a gift card to a restaurant for us. She wrote us a nice card about how wonderful DH is and how helpful he is to all the neighbors.  ( He has a truck and a trailer and helps people haul away yard trash / etc to the compost.)  I was so thrilled she sent him such a nice card.

JoyinVirginia

• Super Hero!
Re: Can I brag about my husband ?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 04:30:32 PM »
Your DH is a treasure! lucky you for having such a nice DH, lucky him for having a wife who appreciates him!
Joy in Virginia

ganjin

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 05:47:37 PM »
We live in an older neighborhood, and there are quite a few widow ladies up and down the street.   DH snow-blows EVERY drive every snowfall :)

He'll be out there all bundled up, his cheeks rosy and his breath fogging, and the phone will start to ring, to thank him for the kindness.

And in our freezer right now, there are muffins, some venison and a loaf of pumpkin bread from our kind neighbors, as well as a lovely hand-crocheted dishcloth hanging by the sink.  (There WERE cookies, but well, you know---COOKIES).

So I KNOW how proud you are of your own Hubby.

Where's the heartie when you need one?

momto3daughters

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 06:46:09 AM »
You have a great husband there :)

Mine is like yours is. Just this past winter I spent hours outside shoveling so he wouldnt have to as he was scheduled to have a hernia surgery in the next month. Well neighbor lady gets her van stuck in the ditch by her house and her husband travels for work. So whats he do, grabs the shovel and goes with another neighbor guy and gets her out and into her driveway.

Its nice to know there are still great men in the world isnt it :)