News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• March 03, 2015, 12:01:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 839948 times)

Reika

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #5880 on: February 16, 2015, 10:50:57 AM »
On Thursday I woke  up  with  flu like  symptoms. That  isn't  the grosspart, but  what  led to  the  grossness. Because  I  was  living  mainly  off water, OJ, tea and  chicken  soup, there wasn't  a  lot  of solids, until dinner  last  night.

After  I got  to  work my body  decided to have  further  revenge.  It feels some sort  of tarry sludgy toxic  waste  is coming  out in copious amounts.

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #5881 on: February 16, 2015, 05:04:52 PM »
We have to check bags for people going into 50 Shades of Grey. Why, you ask? Well, with Magic Mike, we had people using...ahem...tools to use solo with their Scrabble tiles, and then they would leave the used item in the auditorium for the ushers to clean up. One of the assistant managers went green when she found out, and the (relatively new) GM said we would absolutely not have that at all.

So, thanks, you jerks. You just had to have your own gross, selfish moment, and now everyone has to pay for your immaturity. I feel sorry for all the sane people who have to pay for that kind of behavior. Though I probably should be a little grateful, considering we were able to confiscate three large water bottles full of wine that way...
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5882 on: February 16, 2015, 06:47:24 PM »
Wow! People always surprise me.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5883 on: February 17, 2015, 03:30:24 PM »
We have to check bags for people going into 50 Shades of Grey. Why, you ask? Well, with Magic Mike, we had people using...ahem...tools to use solo with their Scrabble tiles, and then they would leave the used item in the auditorium for the ushers to clean up. One of the assistant managers went green when she found out, and the (relatively new) GM said we would absolutely not have that at all.

So, thanks, you jerks. You just had to have your own gross, selfish moment, and now everyone has to pay for your immaturity. I feel sorry for all the sane people who have to pay for that kind of behavior. Though I probably should be a little grateful, considering we were able to confiscate three large water bottles full of wine that way...

Ewwww! Reminds me of a picture a friend posted on FB. Movie seats for 50 Shades. Each of which had a large scrabble toy sticking up out of the middle of it. Not real, obviously, but Who THINKS of these things?

Reika

« Reply #5884 on: February 17, 2015, 06:51:17 PM »
Ewwww! Reminds me of a picture a friend posted on FB. Movie seats for 50 Shades. Each of which had a large scrabble toy sticking up out of the middle of it. Not real, obviously, but Who THINKS of these things?

Wannabee exhibitionists?

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5885 on: February 18, 2015, 03:09:40 PM »

Wannabee exhibitionists?

Or those presumably who go to see it, and will immediately feel the urge for some self scrabble?

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #5886 on: February 21, 2015, 04:23:22 PM »
Okay, I've got a good one for you guys.  This one is a bit of a first for me.

We've all experienced vomit burps, right?  Well, I've had heartburn since yesterday, and nothing I try seems to help.  Earlier today I did about five of those nasty things, and after that they stopped for a few hours.  The heartburn was still there, but I could burp without anything coming up.

Then there was the last one.  Now, I should mention that in our house among the four of us, we'll just casually belch and what-have-you.  We don't do it around other people, but when it's just us, who cares?  So, I felt the urge to burp, and I just opened my mouth and did it, thinking it was just air.  Nope.  I cupped my hand under my mouth just in time.  :P  I still managed to get some of it on my shirt, which I promptly changed out of and put in the wash.  It was really just a loaded burp, but it was the worst one I think I've ever had. 

greencat

« Reply #5887 on: February 23, 2015, 08:04:08 PM »
I had a pretty epic one when I got home from my physical therapy appointment this afternoon and needed to get ready for work really fast.  First, know that my tile floor downstairs is very dark in color, and I hadn't turned all the lights back on.

I walked in, saw the cats were playing with a dessicated lizard carcass - it had clearly been dead long enough to dry up.  Although in and of itself, this is gross, it is a level of gross I'm fairly accustomed to and am not bothered by.  I went to go get the broom and dustpan to get the thing into the trash can.  I got back into the area, and found the cats and the lizard carcass gone.  I shrugged and figured I'd find the thing later.  I walked on into the bathroom.  I felt something odd on the bottom of my boot sole - as though I'd stepped in gum.

I had, in fact, found the lizard sooner, rather than later. 

Nikko-chan

« Reply #5888 on: February 24, 2015, 05:06:13 PM »
I had a pretty epic one when I got home from my physical therapy appointment this afternoon and needed to get ready for work really fast.  First, know that my tile floor downstairs is very dark in color, and I hadn't turned all the lights back on.

I walked in, saw the cats were playing with a dessicated lizard carcass - it had clearly been dead long enough to dry up.  Although in and of itself, this is gross, it is a level of gross I'm fairly accustomed to and am not bothered by.  I went to go get the broom and dustpan to get the thing into the trash can.  I got back into the area, and found the cats and the lizard carcass gone.  I shrugged and figured I'd find the thing later.  I walked on into the bathroom.  I felt something odd on the bottom of my boot sole - as though I'd stepped in gum.

I had, in fact, found the lizard sooner, rather than later.

Oh ewww!

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #5889 on: February 25, 2015, 03:31:02 PM »
I really hate it when I find the reason(s) that the dog has been giving me guilty looks and avoiding me whenever I go near the TV room.  >:(

Zoe, we took you outside multiple times yesterday and you had many, many chances to make those kids of messes in the appropriate place.
Don't give me that hangdog look, it wasn't even that cold yesterday.

Today it is much colder and yes, I *will* expect you to stay out long enough to take care of that business.

I don't like cleaning it up off floor.
"I think her scattergun was only loaded with commas and full-stops, although some of them cuddled together for warmth and produced little baby colons and semi-colons." ~ Margo

EllenS

• I write whimsical vintage mysteries.
    • My Author Page:
« Reply #5890 on: February 25, 2015, 09:59:56 PM »
We are also having our first snowfall in a year, and the neighborhood kids who were cooped up all day in the sleet have been set loose in the darkened yards to have a snowball fight by porchlight.

My neighbor calls to invite me out on a peaceful walk in the snow, and I decline, briefly mentioning that I'm recovering from a stomach bug.  She proceeds to give me detailed instruction on how to do an abdominal massage that is supposed to "move everything out quicker" and help me recover faster, and I am just sputtering on the phone. We are friends, but not to the point I'd be comfortable explaining that I am praying hourly for things to stay in .  I really do prefer having some skin on my backside and would like the opportunity for it to grow back!

Moving things faster is really not at all wanted at this point.

I croaked, "oh, that's interesting. have a nice walk." Probably should have used "why would I want to do that?" but figured this board was more appropriate.
                www.ellenseltz.com

daen

« Reply #5891 on: February 26, 2015, 11:47:46 AM »
We are also having our first snowfall in a year, and the neighborhood kids who were cooped up all day in the sleet have been set loose in the darkened yards to have a snowball fight by porchlight.

My neighbor calls to invite me out on a peaceful walk in the snow, and I decline, briefly mentioning that I'm recovering from a stomach bug.  She proceeds to give me detailed instruction on how to do an abdominal massage that is supposed to "move everything out quicker" and help me recover faster, and I am just sputtering on the phone. We are friends, but not to the point I'd be comfortable explaining that I am praying hourly for things to stay in .  I really do prefer having some skin on my backside and would like the opportunity for it to grow back!

I croaked, "oh, that's interesting. have a nice walk." Probably should have used "why would I want to do that?" but figured this board was more appropriate.

For what it's worth, when my digestive system is processing things too quickly, I prefer getting everything out. The pain usually stops once my gut is empty, and I can give it a bit of time to recover. Then I start putting food back in, being very careful about what that is.
Mind you, mine is a chronic condition (IBS), not a bug, so usually the food itself is the cause.

EllenS

• I write whimsical vintage mysteries.
    • My Author Page:
« Reply #5892 on: February 26, 2015, 01:50:30 PM »

For what it's worth, when my digestive system is processing things too quickly, I prefer getting everything out. The pain usually stops once my gut is empty, and I can give it a bit of time to recover. Then I start putting food back in, being very careful about what that is.
Mind you, mine is a chronic condition (IBS), not a bug, so usually the food itself is the cause.

No, I get that. I'm like that with food poisoning/nausea, just get it over with!  But this had been going on for 2 days.  I needed a break from the constant burning and was having trouble staying hydrated. I just wanted it to stay in long enough to reclaim some fluid and neutralize some of the acid.

Thank goodness, all better now.
                www.ellenseltz.com