News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• September 01, 2015, 11:43:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...  (Read 39843 times)

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
Re: My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...
« Reply #495 on: May 28, 2015, 12:33:24 PM »
Coffee Bean was offended that I woke up.  She had been having a lovely nap, on my butt.

Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My tumblr
« Reply #496 on: May 28, 2015, 12:54:11 PM »
Coffee Bean was offended that I woke up.  She had been having a lovely nap, on my butt.

Rika felt much the same way today. However, she was only napping on my back...
"The wild roses have died, Father, and I know not what to do."

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #497 on: May 29, 2015, 01:52:15 PM »
I wish I could teach my cat to lay on my back, all warm and comfy. No, he'd rather stand on tender parts of my anatomy.  ::)
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

GreenHall

« Reply #498 on: May 29, 2015, 02:17:55 PM »
I wish I could teach my cat to lay on my back, all warm and comfy. No, he'd rather stand on tender parts of my anatomy.  ::)
As far as I can tell, a full bladder is the most comfortable thing my cat can imagine.  It seems like the only times she ever feels like cuddling on me, it's directly on a full bladder.

Snooks

« Reply #499 on: May 29, 2015, 02:19:16 PM »
As far as I can tell, a full bladder is the most comfortable thing my cat can imagine.  It seems like the only times she ever feels like cuddling on me, it's directly on a full bladder.

Bet she kneads it too.

GreenHall

« Reply #500 on: May 29, 2015, 02:35:37 PM »

Bet she kneads it too.
I can't take that too personally as she needs things that aren't me, apparently before deciding they are not comfortable enough, so she moves and kneads and moves and kneads.

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #501 on: May 29, 2015, 02:36:06 PM »
Now if I could teach mine to knead my lower back, we'd have the best of all worlds! Alas, that has not worked so far.
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • I am not sweating, I'm glowing!
« Reply #502 on: May 29, 2015, 02:44:06 PM »
Our cat is ignoring me - I got back about 10 days ago from a one month trip and I am still not forgiven for leaving her alone with "the guys"...

She did come into the room this morning to check on me this morning, I suppose to see if I've "suffered enough" yet...but I'm not sure.  Either that or VorSon, her primary caregiver, wasn't waking up and serving her fresh crunchies at dawn and I was up already.

She did not get fresh crunchies until after I got VorGuy off to work.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #503 on: May 29, 2015, 02:51:27 PM »

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

Wintergreen

« Reply #504 on: May 30, 2015, 02:32:23 AM »
Now if I could teach mine to knead my lower back, we'd have the best of all worlds! Alas, that has not worked so far.
Ah the shiatsu -cat! I've been planning this for a long time. Unfortunately dear fiance is not that excited and I would need his help. Plans so far include blanket and treats or catnip. And me under the blanket.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #505 on: May 30, 2015, 04:32:15 AM »
The Good Ethnic Boy's cat April has a talent for putting her weight on exactly the right spot to help out when his hip is hurting. My kitty Holly, on the other hand, has a talent for finding my uterus at exactly the wrong time of the month. ::)
"Set aphasia to stun!"

JennJenn68

« Reply #506 on: June 06, 2015, 09:37:44 PM »
Apparently, Buzz is ticked off because the Bowl Of Food is not full to overflowing.  There is at least one cup of dry food in there.  If he ate all of it, he would explode.  It is, quite simply, in his opinion, Not Good Enough.  Boy, am I glad that my DH managed to find out how he was escaping from the basement at night and blocked off his access.  I was getting really tired of being trampolined on the hour, every hour, from 3 a.m. on...!

I just know that the vet is going to tick me off for all of the weight he's gained.  In my defense, I didn't realize that he was eating a great deal of his deceased older sister's food.  He's an opportunist, the little pest.  Now he just steals his brother's food, since Deke is a grazer and Buzz is a "let's eat everything until somebody needs to call for an ambulance" type of guy.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #507 on: June 07, 2015, 07:16:28 AM »
Haha! Sounds like my two! I put the older kitty's food up high since Mikey can't jump. He has plenty of food, he just prefers anything on her plate (or mine) to his own. :P
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #508 on: June 07, 2015, 01:55:16 PM »
I have endured a great deal of upset meowing from Casper, who would like to know just what I did with all her babies.  She knows that she saw me pick up that last one...
Her kittens are all with new loving families.  She is actually spending a lot of time sleeping, because the kitten that stayed with me the extra week was really rambunctious and kept her (and me!) awake most of the night playing.