News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• July 05, 2015, 12:59:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 251526 times)

Frog24

Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #1470 on: June 09, 2015, 05:46:23 PM »
The kids are taking a bath.  The older on (5 next month) says: "Mommy, make sure there are lots of bubbles because I have to clean my china."

There are lots of bath toys in the tub, but none of them resembling dishes.  "Your china?" I ask inquiringly.

"Yeah, my china really needs to get cleaned."  She picks up some bubbles and starts washing herself.  I nearly had to leave the room as I realized what word she was mispronouncing.

crella

« Reply #1471 on: June 09, 2015, 05:48:17 PM »
 :D Too cute! I wouldn't be able to hold it together!

Esther_bunny

• Life is too short for cheap chocolate!
« Reply #1472 on: June 14, 2015, 11:10:18 AM »
The kids are taking a bath.  The older on (5 next month) says: "Mommy, make sure there are lots of bubbles because I have to clean my china."

There are lots of bath toys in the tub, but none of them resembling dishes.  "Your china?" I ask inquiringly.

"Yeah, my china really needs to get cleaned."  She picks up some bubbles and starts washing herself.  I nearly had to leave the room as I realized what word she was mispronouncing.

That is now the term I'm  going to use, bc then I can get bone china.  (So sorry if that's inappropriate but my defense is that I win at Cards Against Humanity a lot.)

Frog24

« Reply #1473 on: June 15, 2015, 04:00:08 PM »

That is now the term I'm  going to use, bc then I can get bone china.  (So sorry if that's inappropriate but my defense is that I win at Cards Against Humanity a lot.)
[/quote]

Absolutely... heh heh.. *snorfle* bone china...   

I didn't post the second part of the story.... The bath toys they have are dollar store items; measuring cups and spoons, funnels, sieves, and plastic cups.  They also have some table tennis balls, as the balls float and they like pouring them from one container to the other. 

Except on this night, where the almost 5 year old stands up with table tennis balls in hands and starts dropping them from behind her.  "Look mommy!  I'm laying eggs!" 

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
« Reply #1474 on: June 17, 2015, 01:32:43 AM »
From a friend:

Her 4 year old son is given the oppurtunity to earn some extra pocket money by doing chores around the house. He wanted to make her and her husband's bed. While she was watching him do it, he stopped, picked up her pajamas and said:

"Mommy, have you peed in these or can I put them under your pillow?"
It's best to love your family as you would a Siberian Tiger - from a distance, preferably separated by bars . -- Pearls Before Swine (16-May-2009)

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #1475 on: June 17, 2015, 01:18:11 PM »
Wolfway, I just snort-laughed aloud in my office.  ;D
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
« Reply #1476 on: June 17, 2015, 11:24:37 PM »
Frank Iero (one of the guitarists for My Chemical Romance) has three small children (Lily, Cherry and Miles) and often tweets the completely random conversations he has with them.

http://mcr-tweets.tumblr.com/post/83075333146/frank-ieros-actual-conversation-tweets

It's best to love your family as you would a Siberian Tiger - from a distance, preferably separated by bars . -- Pearls Before Swine (16-May-2009)