News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• July 04, 2015, 07:18:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 593385 times)

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #3420 on: May 19, 2015, 06:32:49 PM »
From a friend . . .

If your dryer connection (the tube between the dryer and outside) is clogged, a leaf blower can be a simple and elegant solution.

If you choose to try this, DO NOT do it from the outside in.  You will clean out the lint blockage by coating everything within 30 feet of your laundry room in a coat of finely powdered lint which will require multiple vacuumings/dustings to get out.

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #3421 on: May 19, 2015, 07:02:38 PM »
From a friend . . .

If your dryer connection (the tube between the dryer and outside) is clogged, a leaf blower can be a simple and elegant solution.

If you choose to try this, DO NOT do it from the outside in.  You will clean out the lint blockage by coating everything within 30 feet of your laundry room in a coat of finely powdered lint which will require multiple vacuumings/dustings to get out.

Sorry for your friend, but I laughed.
I can totally see myself doing that!
"I think her scattergun was only loaded with commas and full-stops, although some of them cuddled together for warmth and produced little baby colons and semi-colons." ~ Margo

snowfire

« Reply #3422 on: May 22, 2015, 01:14:16 AM »
^^^ROFLMAO.  Yup, I can see that one happening.

When you have been at the shooting range do not rub your eyes before washing your hands, oh, around 100 times!  It burns...... :o :-[

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #3423 on: June 15, 2015, 08:16:27 PM »
I was really looking forward to the nice salad I had made.
Fresh spinach and raspberries, with dried cranberries and sunflower seeds sprinkled on top.

I dished up the greens and grabbed the spoon off the counter to sprinkle on the sunflower seeds.
Scoop up on the seeds.
Go to sprinkle on to the salad.
Shake the spoon.
Seeds. Not. Coming. Off. The. Spoon.

Look at spoon.
Why is the serving spoon wet?

Sniff.
Cat food.

Someone gave the cat his dinner and left the spoon on the counter.
Next to dinner.
And now I have put cat food flavoured sunflower seeds on my tasty salad.

Eww.  :o

Turns out that if your put on enough vinaigrette, it tastes just fine.
But the kids are still laughing about it...
"I think her scattergun was only loaded with commas and full-stops, although some of them cuddled together for warmth and produced little baby colons and semi-colons." ~ Margo

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #3424 on: June 18, 2015, 09:54:39 AM »
Eh, just a little extra protein, White Dragon.  ;D
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #3425 on: June 24, 2015, 03:27:49 PM »
Do you know how hard it is to cut out a pattern piece when you've got hiccups?  I had to stop until the hiccups stopped because my scissors kept jumping.

Along the same line, I was transcribing a report dictated by a doctor who had hiccups.  Mr. Sirius wanted to know if I transcribed "(hic)" for every hiccup.  No, I didn't.  Would have made for an interesting report, though.

Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My tumblr
« Reply #3426 on: June 25, 2015, 12:44:57 AM »
When running your portable air conditioner for its dehumidify setting, remember it is still an air conditioner.

Air conditioners need to be vented out a window.

Having the vent section not actually in the window, but slouched down against the wall underneath it, will simply overheat the room and make it MORE humid.

...And I've done this three times since bringing the AC out. Ew. ::)

(I have to keep closing the window at night because we're having terrible storms, and the vent doesn't fit snugly enough into the window to block the rain coming in, so I can't just leave it in. Pity, it'd save me a lot of time...)

Also, it's really a good idea not to kick your dresser when getting up to use the bathroom at night. :P
"The wild roses have died, Father, and I know not what to do."

mime

« Reply #3427 on: June 25, 2015, 03:19:27 PM »

You know that chaise that you walked into and broke your toe on last week? Yeah, it's still there. Don't walk into it again this week.

And if you know what these things are: don't feed Hexbugs to the Hungry Hungry Hippos. You'll need to dismantle the whole thing with a screwdriver to get them back out, and they'll be wiggling and rattling the whole time.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3428 on: June 25, 2015, 05:18:01 PM »
I had my hands full, so I used my foot to push my car door further open. My foot slipped and I hit the bottom of the car door with the top of my foot, which was in a sandal. I have a lovely dark impression across the proximal end of my left foot and it is about 2.5" long and 1/3" deep.

Did I mention that I will be on my feet for 4 hours Sunday?

Tierrainney

• Where the swans winter
« Reply #3429 on: June 25, 2015, 09:06:57 PM »

You know that chaise that you walked into and broke your toe on last week? Yeah, it's still there. Don't walk into it again this week.

And if you know what these things are: don't feed Hexbugs to the Hungry Hungry Hippos. You'll need to dismantle the whole thing with a screwdriver to get them back out, and they'll be wiggling and rattling the whole time.

It's too bad you can't get them out easily. Hex bug Hungry Hungry Hippos sounds like a great variation of both games to play!
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.