News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• April 27, 2015, 01:13:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 576068 times)

magicdomino

• Super Hero!
Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #3405 on: March 30, 2015, 12:18:52 PM »
White Dragon, great post.

Agreed.

I want sausage!

Same here.  I love sausage.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #3406 on: March 30, 2015, 02:31:31 PM »
My husband is officially not allowed to make sausage at home until we remodel our kitchen. :-)
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Snooks

« Reply #3407 on: March 31, 2015, 05:35:08 PM »
White Dragon, there used to be a show called The Generation Game where contestants undertook various challenges after being shown how to do them by professionals (approx. 2 minute demo) about once a series they would do sausage making.  I suspect there are multiple generations of Brits who watched that and said "Well I'm never making sausages", I did a quick search and couldn't find any videos but it was always truly disastrous.  If anyone has better Google-Fu than me they might be able to find an example for you.

EveLGenius

« Reply #3408 on: April 08, 2015, 11:04:23 PM »
This one's from DH.

If you are a guy who likes to shave using a straight razor, make sure you shut the bathroom door.  It's sweet but slightly worrying when a quiet cat slips in and rubs against your legs, causing you to almost cut yourself.  It's frankly terrifying when the 5-month-old kitten has an attack of the Kitty Crazies, comes flying through the bedroom, ricochets off the door, the toilet, and the shower and ends up hanging off of your behind with all four sets of claws AND his teeth.

Fortunately, DH was wearing pants at the time.

Even more fortunately, nobody was hurt.

Unfortunately, I did not get it on video.

Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #3409 on: April 08, 2015, 11:19:31 PM »
This one's from DH.

If you are a guy who likes to shave using a straight razor, make sure you shut the bathroom door.  It's sweet but slightly worrying when a quiet cat slips in and rubs against your legs, causing you to almost cut yourself.  It's frankly terrifying when the 5-month-old kitten has an attack of the Kitty Crazies, comes flying through the bedroom, ricochets off the door, the toilet, and the shower and ends up hanging off of your behind with all four sets of claws AND his teeth.

Fortunately, DH was wearing pants at the time.

Even more fortunately, nobody was hurt.

Unfortunately, I did not get it on video.

:o

;D ;D ;D
"So, what did you wish for?"
"I wished for... World domination, of course."

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #3410 on: April 11, 2015, 07:46:47 PM »
When your housemate (me) tells you the dishwasher is playing up, giving error messages and flooding the kitchen floor, it doesn't mean that you should run a dishwasher cleaner through it.  If you do you end up with another flood, and a cranky housemate who has to try to disassemble said dishwasher and unblock it, clean up the flood, and ends up late to work.   ::)

mlmama

« Reply #3411 on: April 13, 2015, 03:02:34 PM »
When you are housetraining puppies and they are down to one little pad in their area, don't walk around barefoot or in socks only. I knew it was there, it's on the other side of the board we use to keep them in their little pen. I have still stepped right on the pad and into a puddle. More than once! You'd think I'd learn.  ::)

Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #3412 on: April 13, 2015, 08:02:17 PM »
When you are housetraining puppies and they are down to one little pad in their area, don't walk around barefoot or in socks only. I knew it was there, it's on the other side of the board we use to keep them in their little pen. I have still stepped right on the pad and into a puddle. More than once! You'd think I'd learn.  ::)

Or when you know exactly where the cat hork is, but can't clean it up at the moment for some reason, don't proceed to then step in that exact same spot when you can finally get up to do so... ::)
"So, what did you wish for?"
"I wished for... World domination, of course."

AzaleaBloom

• Help, I'm stepping into the twilight zone...
« Reply #3413 on: April 14, 2015, 11:45:02 AM »
When working with poster board, be aware that it can flop around.  And the edges can flop into your face.  In particular, your eye.

Walking around last night with blurred vision in my already lazy eye was fun, let me tell you.

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #3414 on: April 16, 2015, 02:56:09 PM »
Do not try to make coffee without actually putting water in the coffee maker.

Doing it the other way is profoundly counterproductive and delays access to caffeine.  :o

Oh the horror!  ::) ::)
"I think her scattergun was only loaded with commas and full-stops, although some of them cuddled together for warmth and produced little baby colons and semi-colons." ~ Margo

greencat

« Reply #3415 on: April 16, 2015, 04:56:31 PM »
Don't forget that you pay for emergency roadside assistance as part of your car insurance.