News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• May 30, 2015, 12:53:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Things You Misread...  (Read 4852 times)

zyrs

• spiffily male.
Re: Things You Misread...
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2015, 05:15:25 AM »
Until I was 19 years old I thought there were two different words which meant the same thing and were spelled the same way:  phonetically MYzld and MissLEAD (both spelled "misled").  Sometimes I would read it one way and sometimes the other.  I just pray I never actually said the first version.  And I was an English major in undergrad and am an attorney.

Me too.

Miss Understood

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2015, 03:01:50 AM »
Until I was 19 years old I thought there were two different words which meant the same thing and were spelled the same way:  phonetically MYzld and MissLEAD (both spelled "misled").  Sometimes I would read it one way and sometimes the other.  I just pray I never actually said the first version.  And I was an English major in undergrad and am an attorney.

Me too.

Thank you zyrs!  I am glad it wasn't just me. 

Mustard

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2015, 07:36:29 AM »
I always see Esther_bunny's name as Easter bunny.  Always; not just at Easter!

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2015, 12:57:52 AM »
I keep seeing "Fanfic thread" as "fabric thread."

Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My tumblr
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2015, 03:31:15 PM »
I keep seeing "Fanfic thread" as "fabric thread."

...and now I'm doing it too... ;D
"The wild roses have died, Father, and I know not what to do."

Gladly

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2015, 08:45:30 AM »
When I was small there was a factory in our town owned by a Mr Stanley.  The sign outside the gates said "Stanley's Tool Works"  It wasn't until I was in my late teens, walking past with a friend who sniggered and said "That should please Mrs Stanley" that I realised it could have any meaning other than indicating that it was a factory making items that helped others carry out their work....

pattycake

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2015, 12:43:36 PM »
When I was about 8 or so, we were in the car and my sister said "there's aitch and our block!"  I whipped my head around to look and couldn't see what she was talking about. For years I wondered where "our" block was... only to have it dawn on me one day after I had grown up that she had said "H&R Block". Whatever made her exclaim that in the first place?! LOL! I can only think maybe she had heard a commercial for them on the radio.