Author Topic: Title Juxtaposition  (Read 19213 times)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Title Juxtaposition
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2007, 08:03:44 AM »
High heels are for....
Step-children's gifts
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Ferrets

• "Rugby referees are like bees. They communicate through interpretative dance movements."
  • Dych chi'n moyn dishgled?
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2007, 05:32:51 PM »
"You know you're a cat person..."
"Oh No!!! I am my mother..."

dustyninja

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 05:47:10 PM »
Strange things history geeks do....
Bringing back the classics...
My kitties are angels sent from heaven above, with sandpaper kisses and hearts full of love.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 09:55:38 PM »
A question for those over a certain age....
Is Benadryl still available over the counter?
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2007, 07:44:54 PM »
High heels are for....
Revealing baby's gender

(The high heels thread is made for this game.)

mathchick

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2007, 12:02:06 AM »
High heels are for ..... 
Other People's Kids

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2007, 09:08:50 PM »
Warn the guests?
But why?

Sleepingmediocre

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2007, 11:48:54 PM »
Strange Things History Geeks Do
Tickets To E-Hell

Sleepingmediocre

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2007, 11:49:43 PM »
Fun Game, Four Words To End A Date

The Importance Of Punctuation

Ferrets

• "Rugby referees are like bees. They communicate through interpretative dance movements."
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2007, 07:38:47 AM »

As one who is really nitpicking about punctuation*, I almost rolled out of my chair reading that, I was laughing so hard. :D

*Yeah, I admit that, on occasion, one might not be able to tell this from my posts... ;D

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2007, 05:45:00 PM »
Why am I an idiot???
... I have no response to this

Sleepingmediocre

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2007, 10:16:18 PM »

As one who is really nitpicking about punctuation*, I almost rolled out of my chair reading that, I was laughing so hard. :D

*Yeah, I admit that, on occasion, one might not be able to tell this from my posts... ;D

I'm the same way--I think I may actually have lost dates because of this!  That's why I loved that particular combination of titles.   :D

Ferrets

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2007, 05:55:39 PM »
Bringing Back the Classics
... And are my arms TIRED!

(I have this indelible image of somebody staggering back from the library with 26 mouldering volumes of "Benjamin Whittleworth's Extended History of the Second Punic War [With Added Annotations, Maps and Extrapolations]"*...

* If there ain't a work named this, then there should be. ;D

Ferrets

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2007, 06:01:14 PM »
I'm the same way--I think I may actually have lost dates because of this!  That's why I loved that particular combination of titles.   :D

LOL...When I first met DF (when we were just becoming friends), I noticed some pretty bizarre spelling in his notes, and joked, "What are you, dyslexic or something?" [Yes, cue a little visit to E-Hell; I know it was rude and thoughtless of me].

He said, "Yes." [And he is]

Oops. :-[

And then he laughed, God bless him... :-\

Thank heavens I didn't lose that "date". ;) We still tease each other mercilessly yet affectionately over our personal spelling habits.

katarain

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2008, 01:50:45 PM »
I had to do a search and see if we had a thread like this one just to post these two adjacent thread titles:

Neighbors and Nudity
How do you deal with people you don't like but have to see?