Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

Christmas Party complete with exploding fondue pot!

(1/4) > >>

Betsy:
Saturday night DH and I had our very first christmas party in our new house. We started friday night making our gingerbread house and baking cookies. Saturday we started with making the platters of veggies, cheese and crackers. I made up all of the rest of the food and everything was practically ready to be served when everyone started showing up at 7. I started making the fondue after everyone got there and it was quite a large batch as it was a large group of people. I pour it in our fondue pot and it sizzles when it hits the bottom. A few minutes later I notice that its boiling and DH turns down the flame on the burner underneath. No more than 30 seconds later the pot cracks very loudly (it sounded like a gun shot) and hot chocolate sauce runs all over my kitchen island! We ring up the mess with lots of papertowels and put off cleaning it up until after it cools down. After that auspicious start to the party everyone had a lot of fun but told me to use a metal fondue pot from now on  :-[

CynthiaBelle:
Aw.

Well, was the rest of the party a good time??

I have a similar story. My mother one Christmas told me that she wanted me to put the potatoes to roast in the oven. It was in a Pyrex dish. I put them in, and 45 minutes later, when she opened the oven door, the Pyrex dish shattered and went everywhere!!!

Although it was a pain to clean up out of the oven, and we had no potatoes, it was a good story to tell about afterwards.

HorseFreak:
I bought an electric fondue pot at Target for $17.99 recently (regular price $29.99). You just plug it in and turn the dial. No flames required!

Betsy:

--- Quote from: horsphreak on December 12, 2006, 04:40:52 PM ---I bought an electric fondue pot at Target for $17.99 recently (regular price $29.99). You just plug it in and turn the dial. No flames required!

--- End quote ---

Sounds like I need one of those!

BurninDinner:
Just think - no one will ever forget your party!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version