Author Topic: This was helpful for me today - in a nice way.  (Read 2755 times)

POF

This was helpful for me today - in a nice way.
« on: August 20, 2008, 10:25:37 AM »
We are inviting friend and their 2 children ( college / high school age ) to visit us the weekend at the cabin on the lake. We have it to ourselves for once and we thought it would be great to have them visit.

They are wonderful - but really busy people. So taling to Dee ( wife last night ) about when they could come.  Husband Joe has to work Saturday - so I offered to take the kids / wife down with us Saturday AM.

It then started getting complicated - Johnny may have a game, Sissy works late Fridays etc. I pleasantly said - well we are going down on Friday afternoon. If you guys want to hitch a ride we can wait and leave at 6:00 AM Saturday - that way the kids could have more time together.  ( Her DH would come down later ).

She asked if we could wait a little later on Saturday wo we could convoy down. I pleasantly said no that won't be possible.  Let me know if you want to go down early Saturday - otherwise we will be going on Friday and will see you there on Saturday or Sunday.

This is HUGE for me and DH - lst year we would have lost 1/2 the weekend accomodating people we invited. In fact - I have been hesitant to host down there this year cause it gets so o o o complicated with people's schedules .

Thanks EHELLIONS !

Olivia

Re: This was helpful for me today - in a nice way.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 01:07:05 PM »
That's wonderful!  When you're getting settled in on Friday and having a leisurely breakfast on Saturday, you'll be so glad you're not sitting at home waiting around for your friends.  You'll be relaxed and ready to have fun with them when they arrive, too. 

Lyssiej

Re: This was helpful for me today - in a nice way.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 04:00:16 PM »
Wow, you handled that so well!