Author Topic: Everyday Rugrats: The Triplets  (Read 10880 times)

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
Re: Everyday Rugrats: The Triplets
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 11:08:06 AM »
The triplets may not have been 11 year olds-the group is for girls ages 8 to 11.

That might explain some of their immaturity.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC

Reddie321

• Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 12:47:29 PM »
Maybe my classmates didn't get any good at it until 6th grade.  ;D
That's when they find other mean girls to help hone their skills... >:D

Jolie_kitten

• Cute little thing enjoying life
  • Illegitimi non carborundum
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 04:46:04 AM »
With parents like that, I'm amazed Ally had such good manners.
At the time we were all very tense because of The Triplets returning, their mother actually said "We're paying you to sort out our kids!"
And then they cuss at the volunteers for confronting them about their bad behavior? Sort out your own kids lady, IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!

Sadly, a lot of parents actually believe that. My mother is a secondary school teacher, and at one time the mother of an especially unruly child in her class told her- exact words: "I can't deal with this child, but you must find methods". And maybe adopt him, too, right?  >:D
Where there is cake there is hope. And there is always cake ;)

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 05:03:20 AM »
The phrase "I don't wanna be triplets with you anymore" also sounds like someone younger.

Eh, I disagree...with two sisters like the OP describes, I wouldn't be surprised if Ally was a bit stunted emotionally/socially, especially in the face of such a tense situation.

Actually, they may be getting this from a third side: their parents. Their parents may believe and say this type of thing. Or just say it.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 08:46:19 PM »
With parents like that, I'm amazed Ally had such good manners.
At the time we were all very tense because of The Triplets returning, their mother actually said "We're paying you to sort out our kids!"
And then they cuss at the volunteers for confronting them about their bad behavior? Sort out your own kids lady, IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!

Sadly, a lot of parents actually believe that. My mother is a secondary school teacher, and at one time the mother of an especially unruly child in her class told her- exact words: "I can't deal with this child, but you must find methods". And maybe adopt him, too, right?  >:D

Actually, I have a bit of sympathy for her, if what she meant was "this child is beyond my ability, but you're a trained professional, and I was hoping there were strategies that I just haven't discovered."
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2010, 04:48:00 PM »
Something always struck me as off about this story- just that it sounded like all of them were somewhere between 4 and 10, until she said that the girls were eleven. For example, an 11 year old wouldn't call someone a skank in the front of the class, or assume that parental death is punishment for someone else, unless they belong to a very fundamentalist religion.

I may be wrong, though.

As someone who was called a "dog" in front of an entire 5th grade class, believe me, they will.

I also believe that one of these days Abbie and Addie are going to shoot their mouths off to the wrong person and pay for it, big time.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 05:23:05 PM by Miss Misery »

Punky B.

• I prefer not to.
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 02:54:28 PM »
5th and 6th grade was miserable!  And the other girls were not shy about shouting my charming nickname in front of teachers and students every chance they got.

I moved too- I was so glad!

ghost

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2010, 07:37:52 PM »
It isn't mentioned, so I may be way off base here, but...

I wonder how the dad died? When my father committed suicide when I was in high school, it led to a number of classmates outright stating that my dad would still be alive if I wasn't such a {insert nasty name here}.

The OP does mention prayer time, so I would assume that there was at least some religious element to the club.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2010, 09:26:28 PM »
For example, an 11 year old wouldn't call someone a skank in the front of the class, or assume that parental death is punishment for someone else, unless they belong to a very fundamentalist religion.

Trust me, after hearing my 12 yo dd telling all of the horrible things the girls have been saying to each other in class for the last year and a half, I can completely believe an 11yo calling someone a "skank."  The part about death being a punishment I'm not so sure about, but I can believe the other.

Just to clarify- an 11 year old wouldn't get up in front of a class and say "Jenny is a skank"... she'd tell Jenny "You're a skank" to her face, or spread a rumor about Jenny's promiscuity.

The phrase "I don't wanna be triplets with you anymore" also sounds like someone younger.

Oh yeah they will. Both when i was that age, and when I volunteered with 10-14 y.o. girls, there were the awful ones that would cheerfully say some NASTY things in front of teachers.... because mommy and daddy always bailed them out, and they weren't punished. (One girl called another one a "bug covered crack w***e" and was suspended froma  field trip... so her mother pulled her out of school that day, took her to the museam that the field trip was at, and made a point of telling her "I'll buy you lots of gifts so they'll see how much fun YOU'RE having")
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2010, 11:21:46 PM »
I wonder how the dad died? When my father committed suicide when I was in high school, it led to a number of classmates outright stating that my dad would still be alive if I wasn't such a {insert nasty name here}.

:(

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2010, 10:07:43 AM »
It isn't mentioned, so I may be way off base here, but...

The OP does mention prayer time, so I would assume that there was at least some religious element to the club.

Good point. I'm very sorry that they were so horrible to you. (((hugs)))
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Asharah

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2010, 02:57:08 PM »
For example, an 11 year old wouldn't call someone a skank in the front of the class, or assume that parental death is punishment for someone else, unless they belong to a very fundamentalist religion.

Trust me, after hearing my 12 yo dd telling all of the horrible things the girls have been saying to each other in class for the last year and a half, I can completely believe an 11yo calling someone a "skank."  The part about death being a punishment I'm not so sure about, but I can believe the other.

Just to clarify- an 11 year old wouldn't get up in front of a class and say "Jenny is a skank"... she'd tell Jenny "You're a skank" to her face, or spread a rumor about Jenny's promiscuity.

Oh yeah they will. Both when i was that age, and when I volunteered with 10-14 y.o. girls, there were the awful ones that would cheerfully say some NASTY things in front of teachers.... because mommy and daddy always bailed them out, and they weren't punished. (One girl called another one a "bug covered crack w***e" and was suspended froma  field trip... so her mother pulled her out of school that day, took her to the museam that the field trip was at, and made a point of telling her "I'll buy you lots of gifts so they'll see how much fun YOU'RE having")
So report the kid for truancy. She's supposed to be in school.
Asharah

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2010, 03:47:25 PM »

Not sure why the school never did this. But they didn't.

Most public schools are a bit screwed up in our area.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

Dr. Horrible

• The secret to happiness is cream cheese icing.
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2010, 11:02:43 PM »

Is it truancy if she's in her mother's care?

Once my mom let me stay home from school and we saw the first Harry Potter movie. Even if I got "caught", what is the school going to say? My mother was right there with me. For all they knew, I was sick and this was a treat.
So I'm starting to think I'm a Dryad.

Asharah

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2010, 02:20:39 PM »

Is it truancy if she's in her mother's care?

Once my mom let me stay home from school and we saw the first Harry Potter movie. Even if I got "caught", what is the school going to say? My mother was right there with me. For all they knew, I was sick and this was a treat.
Might depend on the schools attitude and what Mom said to get her out of school. If she lied and claimed "sick" or "family emergency" and then showed up right where the field trip was knowing child wasn't supposed to be there because she was punished, I could see somebody at school raising a fuss about it.
Asharah