General Etiquette > Etiquette Hell Classics

Merchants of shame: Never eating here again.

<< < (38/40) > >>

jedikaiti:
 8)

Waterlight:

--- Quote from: DottyG on February 18, 2013, 06:48:28 PM ---As an off-topic, I'd personally correct that to:

--- Quote ---It is Applebees that has the sub-par menu
--- End quote ---
  Ate there once, and that was once too many.

--- End quote ---

POD, and not just because of the generally sub-par food.  I'm a vegetarian (I eat no red meat, poultry or seafood, but I do eat eggs and dairy), and there was absolutely NOTHING on their lunch menu I could eat without making a special request--e.g. "please leave the chicken off the salad."  Yes, even their salads, every single one, had animal flesh on them, and there were no vegetarian entrees.   >:(  Granted, this Applebee's was in a part of my state where there's a lot of cattle ranching--but even in cattle country, I've been able to find at least one thing on the menu I can eat at various types of restaurants:  sandwich shops, Mexican, Italian, Chinese, Thai.  That was the first and only time I'd gone to a restaurant with my mother and not been able to find ANYTHING vegetarian on the regular menu.

Calistoga:
How in gods name do you have a day so long that you become convinced you have handed a customer food that you haven't handed them?

jedikaiti:
Considering the number of times I've wondered if I actually did something or just THOUGHT about doing it, I can totally see doing that. But it'd also be really easy to check on - does the customer have it? No? Then give it to them.

greencat:
Please remember that food service staff is frequently only really "trained" on how to operate the register to ring in orders, and how to sell the menu dishes.  It's not rocket science, just a demanding physical job.  I got a bit of training on allergens and ingredient lists and cross-contamination avoidance when I worked in a deli - but in a restaurant, you frequently don't even know how the kitchen actually prepares the dish. 

I developed a temporary case of lactose intolerance one summer and couldn't join my friends for trivia in a nearby pizza restaurant - everything, and I do mean everything, had contact with butter or cheese in the kitchen. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version