Author Topic: Merchants of shame: Never eating here again.  (Read 47386 times)

Joannie81

Re: Merchants of shame: Never eating here again.
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 11:37:35 PM »
Dd always orders food at fast food places and asks for NO onions.  She rarely gets no onions.  She finally gave up and started pulling them off.

As far as the till, it was probably off by way more.  What do you want to bet that that worker was taking money for herself?  She probably put in that she was given $10 and then gave the customer change for the 10 and wanted to keep the extra $10.

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 11:45:47 PM »
There's a Wendy's near my old office that I used to go to every now and then.  They got my order wrong so often that I stopped.

I prefer to order hamburgers plain, but they kept putting cheese on them even after I specified, "No cheese."

Dave Thomas would have turned over in his grave.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC

BethanyAnne

• "It's like teaching Lincoln to use an Iphone."
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 09:54:26 PM »
Sounds like a McDonald's Near my old house. No only did they get your order wrong or forget to give you change for a $20, (yes, that happened to me. I had to go in and wait for them to count their till before I got my change) but you also got to wait a good ten minutes in the drive through before you got your food. After the third time I decided that I had given them enough chances and started going to the one on the other side of the shopping mall.

The good news is that they tore it down, all gone!!!

jamiescudder

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 02:36:44 AM »
I live in a very small town and we have one fast food place. I'd rather cook than go there. It's the slowest fast food I've ever had. The first time it took 20 minutes to go through the drive-thru (and I was the only one in line) I figured it was just an off day for them. I've since figured out that 20 minutes is average. And the food isn't very good. As for accuracy, they're probably average with any other fast food place, so it's not like the extra time is them double checking your order. I really do prefer to cook than go to that place.

Asharah

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 12:57:22 AM »
There's a Wendy's near my old office that I used to go to every now and then.  They got my order wrong so often that I stopped.

I prefer to order hamburgers plain, but they kept putting cheese on them even after I specified, "No cheese."

Dave Thomas is dead?!?!?!  WHEN!?!?!?  :'(
Asharah

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 02:01:23 AM »
I would have immediately spoken to a manager in the first situation.  Maybe I say that because I was a manager at a fast food restaurant.  If you don't alert anyone to the problem, then it cannot be fixed.  I would have spoken to the manager after my order was wrong three times.

As for the second situation, I understand not wanting to go there anymore, but at the same time, the manager fixed what was wrong and he should at least be recognized for that.  Again, I might say that because I was a manager.

I guess it rubs me the wrong way that through all of this, the girls never thought to alert a manager; why were they surprised when it kept happening?  Yes, working fast food can be an absolutely stressful job, but it is not made any better by not knowing about the problems that you should be fixing.  Once they come to light, it is usually too late; and that's usually when a manager gets in a lot of trouble for having not known about it.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Cuddlepie

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 02:15:59 AM »
Just a 'heads up' everyone that this is a thread from 2007.  ;)

Edited for a typo
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 02:23:11 AM by Cuddlepie »

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 02:43:01 AM »
Just a 'heads up' everyone that this is a thread from 2007.  ;)

Edited for a typo

And the original story probably came way before that.  This is the classics folder, after all...I don't know what point you're trying to make, sorry.

ETA: Also, when I posted a reply, it was at the top of the folder on the first page.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 02:48:19 AM by Dark Magdalena »
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 04:15:41 AM »
McDonalds usually gets my order right but I am almost always disappointed when I order nuggets and don't get my sauce. :(
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 04:55:43 AM »
I realize this is an old thread, but I guess we're reviving it.

McDonalds usually gets my order right but I am almost always disappointed when I order nuggets and don't get my sauce. :(

YES! Or they give me one sauce for 20 McNuggets. I love love love the Sweet-n-Sour sauce and need one little packet/cup for every three nuggets. Now, I hoard the stuff. I'll even offer to pay extra for extra sauce. I have a backup stash in our fridge in case we aren't able to catch the above error in time and I don't have enough for that meal.

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2011, 04:57:29 AM »

Dave Thomas is dead?!?!?!  WHEN!?!?!?  :'(

Wow, nearly 10 years now: 2002.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2011, 01:25:29 PM »
I realize this is an old thread, but I guess we're reviving it.

YES! Or they give me one sauce for 20 McNuggets. I love love love the Sweet-n-Sour sauce and need one little packet/cup for every three nuggets. Now, I hoard the stuff. I'll even offer to pay extra for extra sauce. I have a backup stash in our fridge in case we aren't able to catch the above error in time and I don't have enough for that meal.

That's my favorite too! :):)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2011, 01:42:12 PM »
Well, the McDonald's nearest our house... hmm.  They have good service.

Okay, well, the OTHER one we go to... um, has the best fast food burgers ever.

But, there's this one that we would sometimes go to because it's at a mall we shop at.  We would often get a big order (enough for food for the rest of the day.)  This one time we ordered ten double cheeseburgers (leftovers for the win!)  Well, a cook leans out from the back, looks *right at me* (I'm a bit overweight, you see) and bellows "WHO THE HELL ORDERED TEN DOUBLE CHEESEBURGERS?!"

Yeah, not going there ever again.  Hunt, folks:  There's more than one McDonald's.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2011, 01:43:37 PM »
VorGuy & I went to a Burger King (before he retired & we moved back to Texas) where we ordered mirror image burgers on the NO (for stuff to leave off) - me - mayo, catsup, lettuce, and tomato - NO onion & NO pickles.  He - mustard, no mayo, catsup, extra onions, extra pickles, lettuce, and tomato.  Opened up round number one - both had pickles & onions.  Second round, both had everything - just one had fewer onions & pickles & less mayo.

Called the assistant manager on duty  >:D over who showed him how to make burgers as her parents  8) had ordered them...............when she got home she let us know that the guy was still in training & not likely to keep the job as he just didn't listen................. ::)
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

whiskeytangofoxtrot

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2011, 01:55:28 PM »
We sometimes do a drive through McDonalds near our house. As they almost always manage to give me the wrong things, I have now learned to thoroughly check the bags before I drive away.

I did guilt them into delivering the left-out apple pie once, when I was really pregnant...

Oh, yes.  I ALWAYS check my McDonalds order before driving off.  They have a knack for getting things wrong.  Taco Bell too.

The Wendy's and Popeyes Chicken near my house are like that, too. I swear they could goof up an order for a cup of water.