Author Topic: Used it 4 times today!  (Read 4093 times)

Fidgets

Used it 4 times today!
« on: September 05, 2008, 08:45:53 PM »
All with the same gentleman person: our neighbor....gah!  the stories I could tell.  None fun, mind you, like the Queens Dresser and Kirby, just annoying.  In any case, I'm out splitting some wood while DH attends to some other yardly matters.

Boorish Neighbor (BN): "You're cutting wood??!??"
Me: "Yeeees.....?"
BN: "Women can't cut wood."
Me: "My, that's an interesting assumption." (SPLIT!)
BN: "Yeah, your upper body strenghth isn't enough."
Me: (Enough?  I wanted to ask, but didn't) "That's an interesting (SPLIT!) assumption."
BN: "Yeah, and it's obvious that you're handling that axe wrong."
Me: (Um, it's a splitting maul, not an axe.  You don't know what I'm using, but you "know" I'm using it wrong?) "That's (SPLIT!) an interesting assumption."
BN: "You're never going to get through that pile."
Me: (As I set up the last flipping piece of wood)"You know, (SPLIT!) that's a really interesting assumption.  You'll have to excuse me; I need to go get another load of wood."

He stood there, telling me I couldn't do what I was doing while I was doing it, totally oblivious to the fact that I got through the remainder of the pile (the one I "couldn't get through)!!!  I later overheard him earnestly telling DH that I shouldn't be "trying" to split wood, since "chicks" (his word, not mine I assure you) don't know how and can't do it.  I haven't heard from DH yet what his response was.  I have a feeling, though, that it wasn't "What an interesting assumption"!   ;D

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
Re: Used it 4 times today!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 09:14:31 PM »

Mmmmm...he sounds like a bright one.  ::)
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

I'mnotinsane

• My mother had me tested
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 09:18:03 PM »
Silly, he was offering to do your work for you!  Next time hand him the splitting maul axe.   >:D

Fidgets

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 11:37:14 PM »
Oh, he is, Hobish, he is.  He came up to DH one day in a panic, demanding our (unlisted) phone number.  The reason?  "We're out in this rural place and they might come down our driveways and kill us in our beds!"  Had it not surprised him so utterly, DH would have asked who "they" are and why would they be wanting to kill us.  I wondered why he'd need our number--if "they" killed him, he couldn't call and warn us and vice versa.  He's.....different.  He also has an annoyingly loud voice and likes to make jokes with his interesting assortment of friends about "chicks" and about minorities (using various extremely rude and insulting slurs in referring to them) out in his yard where people can hear him 4 houses over.  He's a gem.   ::)

Kitkat, I would have gladly let him do the work, but the guy's pushing 60, overweight, always has a beer in his hand and turns beet-red and puffs like a fish out of water whenever he does anything.  The thought of his having a heart attack and me having to give him CPR......shudder.  And that isn't a slur on his age--I'm shoving 50 hard, but at least I'm in shape (if slightly overweight).

missmolly

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 05:12:33 AM »
Something tells me this isn't the last we'll see of your neighbour and his searing intellect on E-Hell.
"Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out". Chekhov.

BethanyAnne

• "It's like teaching Lincoln to use an Iphone."
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 09:36:28 PM »
Oooh, goody (well not for you). Another crazy neighbor thread.  ;D

mysticwolf

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 12:37:53 AM »
Looks like you got a twofer. An "Interesting Assumption" combined with a "Bean Dip". Way to go.   ;D

Fidgets

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 04:22:31 PM »
Eep!  I bean-dipped and didn't even realize it!  Yay!  Maybe better manners are finally becoming automatice.  Thank you, Mysticwolf!

Michelle Ravel

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 12:36:08 PM »
I actually think that his assumption wasn't "interesting," but insulting. I think his behaviour and comments called for you to be a bit more rude with him than you were.

I think "I'm cutting wood right in front of your eyes, you Donkey's Patoot," wouldn't have been an inappropriate response in your case.

Michelle Ravel

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 12:36:59 PM »
Note: instead of "Donkey's Pattoot," of course, I wrote something much ruder which was filtered out.

K12144

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 10:06:29 PM »
Yeah, I think "er, that's funny, because here I am DOING IT" wouldn't be too rude...