Author Topic: The "Yes" Game--New Age Parenting  (Read 46284 times)

Hexteacher

• The time has come to grow old disgracefully.
Re: The "Yes" Game--New Age Parenting
« Reply #765 on: March 28, 2010, 06:26:14 PM »
Sure honey, here's a hammer to help.  Just make sure that you run very fast AWAY from our house and KEEP GOING until you reach the precinct house.  When you get there yo can tell all those nice cops what you did.

Mummy mummy, can I go and buy lots of real guns like those guys on TV, and can I shoot them out of my bedroom window??!!!!  Please, pretty please....
it's ALIVE!! IT'S ALIVE!!!! IT'S.......oh bugger it's coming right for me..." Baron Von Frankenstein.

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #766 on: March 29, 2010, 04:51:17 AM »
Mummy mummy, can I go and buy lots of real guns like those guys on TV, and can I shoot them out of my bedroom window??!!!!  Please, pretty please....

Of course you can, sweetie, you just have to shoot 1000 targets in the '10' circle down at the range, first.

Mummy... I know I'm allergic, but can I have peanut butter sandwiches for lunch like all the other kids?
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

whatsanenigma

« Reply #767 on: March 29, 2010, 05:39:23 PM »
Yes, but you have to plant the peanuts first and harvest them and make them into peanut butter yourself. And then you have to bake the bread from scratch and slice it. None of that store-bought stuff is good enough for you, my most special snowflake!

Mommy, I heard about this new thing called "keying a car". Can I try it out on Daddy's BMW?

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #768 on: March 29, 2010, 05:43:50 PM »
Oh sweetums. That sounds fun, but Daddy's car just isn't a fine enough canvas for MY little artist... run across the street and try it on the nice neighbor lady's cherry '55 corvette instead, okies?

Daddy, can I go get pregnant so i'll fit in with all my firends in junior high? (this is seriously why my 14 y.o. niece is gonna be a mom in another two months... *gag)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

whatsanenigma

« Reply #769 on: March 29, 2010, 05:49:33 PM »
Oh, you don't have to go through all that trouble! If you're having trouble fitting in, we'll just transfer you to that nice school for girls who are going to become nuns.

Mommy, my friend Janey has very mean parents who always make her eat her vegetables. Can she move in with us?

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
« Reply #770 on: March 15, 2011, 02:10:07 PM »
Oh, yes, darling-but you'll have to go move in with Janey's parents and eat your vegetables.

Mama, special, precious mama, can I play hooky from work?
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC

kitty-cat

« Reply #771 on: March 15, 2011, 02:13:51 PM »
Of course baby- just skip your rope down to the unemployment office.

Mamma, do I have to call the insurance people regarding me hitting the other car?

NE Florida

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
« Reply #772 on: March 15, 2011, 03:40:13 PM »
Of course not, dear-they'll just sue us and take everything you've saved up, and you'll have to sell your Xbox, iPad, and computer to pay attorney's fees.

Mom, could I please stay out all night?
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC

kitty-cat

« Reply #773 on: March 15, 2011, 04:08:41 PM »
Of course not, dear-they'll just sue us and take everything you've saved up, and you'll have to sell your Xbox, iPad, and computer to pay attorney's fees.

Mom, could I please stay out all night?

So, we'd get nothing for them seeing as how I have neither? :P

Of course you can cuddlekins. Just remember that you have to be at work at 5:30 am and if you don't go to work you'll end up in the poorhouse.

Mamma- can I take a nap?

NE Florida

eclecticgrrl

« Reply #774 on: March 16, 2011, 05:47:00 PM »
Of course you can cuddlekins. Just remember that you have to be at work at 5:30 am and if you don't go to work you'll end up in the poorhouse.

Mamma- can I take a nap?

Okay, I'm calling shenanigans on the nap since no kid in the world would ask for that one!   :D

Of course you can, precious angelkins.  Just as soon as Mommy redecorates your room so probably not today.  Which is good since it's so late and you KNOW you need your sleep at night!

Can my BFF and I have the credit card to go to the Prada store and get backpacks for school?

kitty-cat

« Reply #775 on: March 16, 2011, 06:30:15 PM »
Of course sweetums. Just remember that the bill is due on the 25th.

Mother, may I keep the kitten I found?

NE Florida