Author Topic: Update to I Said NO...this is getting ridiculous  (Read 15212 times)

Itza

Re: Update to I Said NO...this is getting ridiculous
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2008, 12:59:27 PM »
"That's funny. Someone told me that I should ask you to become significantly less rude."

OH MY GOODNESS. I love it!!!!!!!!!

Me too!

www.opendiary.com/hear_me
Disclaimer: Not for the faint hearted

Libitina

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 12:00:49 PM »
Why does it matter what size someone is in order to be a bridesmaid?  That's just rude.

Mahdoumi

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 03:34:22 PM »
Why does it matter what size someone is in order to be a bridesmaid?  That's just rude.

I agree.  I had two BMs, my best friend and my DD.  Best friend grew from a trim and fit size 8 into a 24 over the course of two years, thanks in part to thyroid disease and fertility drugs.

I adore my friend and couldn't care less what size she is and honestly didn't notice her getting larger.  I felt SOOO badly when we went shopping for a dress for her for the wedding.  She was so humiliated.

I would like to recommend the bridal store in Macy's Lake Grove, NY for anyone who is self-conscious about her size.  The sales women there were fabulous to both DD and my friend.

saki

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 11:50:12 AM »
This line of logic might work on your mother/sister:  "No, I want to look thin next to her."

I know it's a horrible thought and not what you think but it might shut them up.

Hawkwatcher

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 07:19:39 AM »
I would tell them that I love my MOH for who she is and that I have no intention on asking her to lose weight.  I would also explain that they are never to comment about her appearance again.

Nurvingiel

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009, 01:55:22 AM »
This line of logic might work on your mother/sister:  "No, I want to look thin next to her."

I know it's a horrible thought and not what you think but it might shut them up.
No way, that would enforce they're idiotic thinking.  It's not worth it just to get them to drop the topic.  What if Shatzie's Maid of Honour heard about her saying that?  It would be pretty much the worse thing ever.
If I had some ham, I could have ham and eggs, if I had some eggs.

Curly Wurly Doggie Breath

• Aussie's Rule
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2009, 08:06:41 AM »
I don't often recommend people 'dis-owning' bio family, but, in your case I would make an exception.

You do have an exceptional family !

The Southern Cross Flag. Australia

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2009, 11:04:49 AM »
I'd tell your mother and sister, "It's not your job to monitor the weight of my wedding party members.   This is a closed issue. I will not address this issue with them or with you ever again."
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC

Maryah Knights

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2009, 04:38:04 AM »
um i don't know how old TS is but i have one of those too. there is light at the end of the tunnel as my ts pulled her head out of her postier end. and as for the weight issue their is also retubution on that one too. my ts had always been thin untill she had kids now she has gained a fair amount of weight if all else fales curse them with that. at least then they will close their mouths.