Author Topic: Asparagus  (Read 2253 times)

sparksals

• Super Hero!
Re: Asparagus
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 01:28:15 PM »
After trimming the stalks, toss them into a bag with some olive oil, jut enough to coat them.  Then lay them out on a baking sheet, sprinkle a little kosher salt all over them, and a little black pepper if you like, then roast them in a hot oven (450) for 8 to 10 minutes, until they're tender but still snappy.

Really good way to prepare asparagus!

You beat me to it, Shoo.  This is the ONLY way I do asparagus now. 

A variation of it is to do as above and add a bit of chopped garlic to the oil mixture. 

Another variation is once the asparagus is finished roasting, toss in a small amount of balsamic vinegar.  It is to die for!

ETA:  I just noticed this was an old thread and I responded on the first page.

Schmoopie3928

• I eat Paste
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 01:37:31 PM »
After trimming the stalks, toss them into a bag with some olive oil, jut enough to coat them.  Then lay them out on a baking sheet, sprinkle a little kosher salt all over them, and a little black pepper if you like, then roast them in a hot oven (450) for 8 to 10 minutes, until they're tender but still snappy.

Really good way to prepare asparagus!

You beat me to it, Shoo.  This is the ONLY way I do asparagus now. 

A variation of it is to do as above and add a bit of chopped garlic to the oil mixture. 

Another variation is once the asparagus is finished roasting, toss in a small amount of balsamic vinegar.  It is to die for!

ETA:  I just noticed this was an old thread and I responded on the first page.

I noticed too..but hey. we are bringing it back to life!!!

Saki_Fiz

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 09:26:00 AM »
Considering I have another bunch of asparagus sitting in my fridge at the moment, I certainly do not mind more recipes.   ;D

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 09:52:38 AM »
My DH loves it in an omlet.  Me, I hate eggs and will eat the asparagus just steamed with lemon juice (you'd swear they were a plate of Snickers bars with the amount of enjoyment I get out of them).  I love them!

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx