Author Topic: Classic Tacky: We Didn't get Married Here, We Just Want The Church As A Backdrop  (Read 31255 times)

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
Dark Magdalena, I think the idea is that the beautiful house of worship is an offering to God, not to man. You give God the best you can, it really isn't about impressing others.

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
Dark Magdalena, I think the idea is that the beautiful house of worship is an offering to God, not to man. You give God the best you can, it really isn't about impressing others.

Exactly.  :)
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!

Exactly.  :)

Despite what that one woman thinks in the thread about being dressed inappropriately for church!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
Thank you all very much for answering my question honestly.  I learn knew things everyday  ;D (...and if I was a cat, I'd be dead about a hundred thousand billion times over).
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
Thank you all very much for answering my question honestly.  I learn knew things everyday  ;D (...and if I was a cat, I'd be dead about a hundred thousand billion times over).

Also many of the very ornate churchs are hundreds of years old when their ideas of what a church should be like was very different then we think today. As a previous poster brought up - the protestants were protesting (in part) to the ornateness of the church and what they felt was not what the church should be focusing on. I am going to drop it here so I don't start a religious debate.

LadyR

• Musings of A Pinterest Mom
I got married in a Catholic Cathedral. I paid for the privilege. The grounds were lovely and made for great photos. I'd find it irritating if someone decided, especially during the time I had booked, to use that same backdrop without paying.

Here you have to pay for a permit to have your wedding photos taken at local parks, in a  nearby city, you even have to pay to use a popular downtown street area. I had my photos taken at the local university. The permit charge is $100 for students and $250 for non-students and it gies you free reign of the entire campus though you are expected to be considerate of any other wedding parties that also have permits. But, it would be very unfair for a couple who paid to have to share with those that didn't. And even if there are no other couples there that day, you're taking advantage by using a venue for free that other people pay for