Author Topic: How do I...  (Read 3575 times)

ShadoWolf800

How do I...
« on: September 26, 2008, 06:28:36 PM »
Politley turn down a present that I don't want? I know he spent a lot on it but... I just don't want it... :(

Shoo

• Super Hero!
Re: How do I...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 06:35:58 PM »
I think it depends on who's giving it to you and why.  If it's someone who shouldn't be giving you a present in the first place (an inappropriate kind of thing), then I think you just say that you can't accept it.  If it's a present from someone you like or love, and it's your birthday, or other gift giving occasion, I think you accept it and then maybe exchange it for something you like better later.

elysabethe

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 11:19:44 PM »
It depends on the giver and the gift.

If it's from someone who shouldn't be giving me a particular gift (say, an acquaintance giving me something expensive, or a guy I've got in the Friend Zone giving me lingerie) I would politely decline saying I don't feel comfortable accepting such a gift based on our current relationship, and would thank them for the thought.

If it was a gift I did not want because I felt it was inappropriate or in poor taste, I would privately talk to the giver and explain my feelings.

If it was something I just didn't want because I didn't like it, I would thank the giver sincerely for their thoughtfulness and do so with as much grace as possible.  I would then put the item in the back of the closet.  :)

ShadoWolf800

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 02:03:09 PM »
 ;D Thanks!