Author Topic: Thank God for Amazing Vets  (Read 1402 times)

peach2play

Thank God for Amazing Vets
« on: March 25, 2007, 10:08:47 AM »
My mother lives with me, and has for some time.  About 5 years ago, she was bitten 2x by my cat, and became so afraid, I had to get rid of him.  He went to a good home, and things were mostly OK.  Four years ago, 2 days before Christmas, my mother came home with a picture of two cats that a man at work was giving away.  She felt that one of those cats was to come home with use.  I picked the black one.  His name was Eclipse.  Perhaps I am blinded by the fact that he was mine, but he was the best kitty in the world.  Very smart, and loving, and my best friend.  He could tell time, to wake me up in the morning.  And he always knew when I needed a hug. 

Anyways, on to what this is actually about.  Six months ago, he stopped eating, so we took him to his regular vet, who had us rush him to the Emergency Vet.  His lungs were filled with a white milky fluid, and he was struggling to breath.  The first vet who saw him said he had two days to live because it was cancer or a heart condition.  They drew the fluid off of his lungs, and sent us home and said they would make him comfortable and we could come get him in the morning.  We received a call from Dr Reed the next morning.  He called to tell us that it wasn't cancer, and with proper treatment and a low fat diet, he would be ok.  My kitty went in every three weeks for them to pull fluid off of his lungs.  Now my cat hates going to the vet, but he never bit or scratched.  He would always purr and would give a very indignent look when you took his temperature.  He was voted the best kitty they had ever seen.  Unfortunately, the fluid buildup moved from his luns to the rest of his body, and we were unable to continue treatment.  He went peacefully last Sunday, and the vet tech, Jessica, cried when we told them.  Dr Reed called us to ask us if we needed anything, and all of his Vets sent us sympathy cards.  If not for them, we wouldn't have had the 6 months that we did, and I thank God for everything that they did.

SunkissableOne

Re: Thank God for Amazing Vets
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 10:30:54 AM »
Awww...*hugs*

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 02:30:17 PM »
I'm so sorry your beloved kitty passed away.  They are a huge part of the family.

We have a great vet too and I'm not looking forward to moving only to find another. 

hassie

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 03:07:18 PM »
You & your kitty will meet again at the Rainbow Bridge but in the meantime you have my deepest sympathy.  Losing a pet is like losing a family member.

((((Hug))))