Author Topic: Bayou Wedding  (Read 8164 times)

pollymel

Bayou Wedding
« on: October 14, 2008, 06:19:58 PM »
I found this on the internet. I don’t know who they are, but thought you’d like a chuckle.

http://members.shaw.ca/The_Wizard_of_OZ5/blog_images/wedding/on_the_Bayou.htm

PlainTacky1107-07

Um, what is the ettiquette violation here?  I'm confused.  Yes, a very odd theme, but I can't see much aside from possibly the tag at the end.

Shores

• Super Hero!
  • F.O.E.
Re: Bayou Wedding
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 06:36:43 PM »
There's no etiquette violations... just a self-righteous submitter.  ::) I'm surprised Ehelldame would list it.
Wherever you go.... there you are.

Veronica

• Super Hero!
  • the Patron Saint of Judgmental Statues
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 06:38:15 PM »
I didn't see a violation at all.  I thought it looked pretty cute. 

Florida

Wulfie

• I'm so pretty! Oh so pretty! - Morgan the Cat
    • Unique Weddings for Unique Couples
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 06:59:08 PM »
I didn't see a violation at all.  I thought it looked pretty cute. 

POD. I thought it was really cute also.  My thought is that the couple have always loved the Bayou and wanted a wedding to reflect this.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 07:15:29 PM »
Awwww....that was a cute wedding!  I bet it really fit the bride and groom's personalities.  Everyone in the pictures seems to be enjoying it, so I don't see the problem.

couchpotato

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 07:20:49 PM »
I was just getting ready to post this one. The only tacky I saw was the submitter listing it as tacky.

Joannie81

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 07:28:51 PM »
I saw it, and thought well, it's not what I would have planned, but if I had been invited, I bet I would have had a blast!  (Maybe even literally!)  It looked like fun.  And that cake!  Looks really yummy!

emeraldsage85

• Proud auntie of Owen!
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 07:31:30 PM »
It's not to my taste but it looks like the guests are having fun. The only tacky person here is the submitter.

Starchasm

• And the mome raths outgrabe.
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 09:10:16 PM »
AAAAAHAHAHAAH!  That looks awesome! (And I'm not just saying that because I've been to Bayou LaFouche).  That catfish cake is the cutest thing ever.  And getting married in a duck blind?  Classic.

I don't see what on earth is wrong with that wedding!  It might not be to everyone's taste (although it sure does appeal to my inner Cajun  ;) ), but it seems nice, everyone looked like they were having a good time, and there was certainly enough food.  If I get married in the right season I'm going to have a crawfish boil at my reception and if anyone has a problem with it then there will be more for me!

Joannie81

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 09:14:01 PM »
Starchasm, if you have a catfish boil, please make enough for me and then feel free to have my share.  I don't care for fish, but it sounds like you want people to have fun and eat well.  So have at it with my share of catfish!  Anytime you want!

Double Helix

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 09:18:01 PM »
I can't believe that this would be 'funny' to someone.    Gosh, the OP should check out how different weddings are around the world, let alone the United States.  Looks like someone has less culture than a container of sugared up yogurt.  

MadMadge43

• MadMadge43
  • Super Hero!
  • Etiquette is making others feel special
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 09:26:09 PM »
I wasn't sure from the dress code, if it was themed "Bayou" or "Fighting the Vietcong"  >:D

But I think I would have had a blast at that wedding! More power to them.

Starchasm

• And the mome raths outgrabe.
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 09:40:17 PM »
Starchasm, if you have a catfish boil, please make enough for me and then feel free to have my share.  I don't care for fish, but it sounds like you want people to have fun and eat well.  So have at it with my share of catfish!  Anytime you want!

OOooh no, you FRY catfish!  You BOIL crawfish with new potatoes and corn! (that's what the old man with the boiling pot is doing ;D )  And if it weren't too late in the season I'd have one for all ehellions.

Something tells me the submitter is along the same lines as the woman who objected so strenuously to the goth wedding.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 09:40:37 PM »

Joanie, I think you have the creatures mixed up a bit! :D

A catfish is a fish.  Has "whiskers".  And, if you catch them and then fry them up within minutes (as we used to do at our lakehouse), you have never had such wonderful manna from the heavens!  My mouth is absolutely watering just typing this!

A crawfish/crawdad is this:  http://www.cajuncreations.com/images/CrawfishBowl.gif  It belongs to the Crustacea Class and isn't actually a fish.  And, you do boil them.

ETA: Starchasm and I responded at the same time. :)

Joannie81

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 09:49:24 PM »
yes I do.  As I said, I don't care for fish.  Either way, anyone is welcome to fix my share and have it, no matter how it is cooked.