News:

• February 18, 2018, 12:22:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: a random act of kindness  (Read 1728 times)

bailey14

a random act of kindness
« on: November 04, 2008, 09:50:23 AM »
As many of you might know I work at a car dealership. We have some elderly customers who always have their car serviced at the beginning of the month
when their social security check comes in. This month they waited until towards the end of the month and, sadly, their car needed tires to pass inspection. They were panicked. They just did not have $400.00 to cover the inspection bill. We agreed to take a post-dated check. We were all deeply saddened by this because we all know it will just make next month more difficult for them. Unbeknownst to us, another customer(a complete stranger to the couple) who was waiting in the lounge overheard the entire interaction between the couple and our service writer and came in the next day with $400.00 in cash to cover the couple's post-dated check. This woman is a customer of mine and I know she is not a rich woman......just a woman with a huge heart.

NestHolder

Re: a random act of kindness
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 10:30:07 AM »
That is so nice to hear!

I think there was a study a while ago which confirmed what I'd have thought was obvious: money gives its possessor the *most* pleasure when he/she can use it to help someone else. I bet the generous woman got a lot of pleasure out of that kindness - and well-deserved, too.

bailey14

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 10:41:41 AM »
She is, indeed, a wonderful woman.......has a light in her eyes that makes me feel
warm when I am in  her presence.

look in the tunk

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 09:25:42 AM »
Wow that's great  ;D