Author Topic: Menus & Guests  (Read 2539 times)

Bob Ducca

• Super Hero!
Re: Menus & Guests
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 12:33:30 PM »
In both scenarios I think it just comes down to all attendees having food / drink options.  I am a bit uncomfortable with cutting something out so as not to offend.  For me, having adequate food and drink is all I need, I don't need others to go without on my account.  

I wouldn't expect all alcohol to be banned at an office party, simply because I don't drink.  But I also wouldn't refuse to serve meat to my guests simply because one was uncomfortable with it.  I would certainly make vegetarian options available to that guest, but not at the expense of the others.  

However, an LDS wedding reception is just not going to have alcohol.  Simple as that.  Providing alcohol to guests would be a severe violation of LDS beliefs.  By the same token, if you and your fiance are vegetarian, I don't see anything wrong with providing a nice vegetarian meal to your guests.  The event is to honor you and those are your beliefs.  

Perfectly said.  I agree completely.

Mammavan

Re: Menus & Guests
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 01:28:07 PM »
Actually most Mormon's don't drink coffee either so she'd still need to have something else for her friend.

I apologize - I did know that, but I wasn't thinking.  But I still don't know anyone who (voluntarily) drinks sparkling cider.  I would be thrilled with an ice cream soda or sundae bar, though.  (I really need to log off and get some lunch!)