Author Topic: S/O I'm Never Shopping There - What Businesses Will Forever Have Your Patronage?  (Read 42131 times)

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
I love Trader Joe's! They only opened the stores here about a year ago but one of them is about 5 minutes from my office so I go at lunch time and pick up a few things whenever I need to. Yes, the cashiers are always friendly and helpful. It's all about how they train them. And why other grocery stores can't train their cashiers to smile and be friendly instead of chatting with the bagger about what time they're getting off work, I don't know.

Back in the dark ages when I was a cashier, it was less of a training situation and more of a management situation. If the boss throws tantrums over too much time spent or too many freebies, the cashiers will reflect that. And the good ones will probably run like heck for someplace like TJ's.

I definitely don't miss those days. :(
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Land's End - tried to place an order online, but kept getting hung up. So I called. NOt only are they pleasant, friendly, etc. I only had to wait a minute or so, and my whole order was completed in less than 5. I also like that, since the items I wanted are on sale, they ask if there is an alternate color if the one you want turns out NOT to be available, since they only have a few left. 

GlitterIsMyDrug

The Discount Tire by me!

About 5 months ago I had to have my two back tires replaced after one of them got a nice chunk taken out of it. When I got the new tires I paid extra for some warranty thing (it was a minimal cost). Well I went out to my car yesterday to find I'd gotten a nail stuck in one of my back tires. So I changed the tire and went to Discount Tire when they opened today. I was hoping they'd give me a discount at least or something.

As soon as I pulled up someone was coming outside to greet me, he remembered me from last time and asked what the trouble was. We went inside, he told me to give him 20 minutes. 15 minutes later another guy came out and told me "Ok, I put on a new tire on where that one was, here's a coupon for a tire rotation and alignment, so sorry you had to deal with this, anything else you need", so I asked what I had to pay and he just stared at me for a moment and said "Nothing, you just bought the tires from us".

I was impressed how friendly they were the first time I was there, but this time was great. Other tire shops always fought with me when I bought the warranty. Oh no that's only good on the third Thursday of the fourth month so long as Jupiter is in Scorpio, or some other such nonsense. But Discount didn't even fight me! I did have my paperwork, but it was super cool they remembered me to begin with. Their shop is also very nice and clean and no one called me "sweetie".

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
They definitely sound like keepers!
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Alli8098

The Discount Tire by me!

About 5 months ago I had to have my two back tires replaced after one of them got a nice chunk taken out of it. When I got the new tires I paid extra for some warranty thing (it was a minimal cost). Well I went out to my car yesterday to find I'd gotten a nail stuck in one of my back tires. So I changed the tire and went to Discount Tire when they opened today. I was hoping they'd give me a discount at least or something.

As soon as I pulled up someone was coming outside to greet me, he remembered me from last time and asked what the trouble was. We went inside, he told me to give him 20 minutes. 15 minutes later another guy came out and told me "Ok, I put on a new tire on where that one was, here's a coupon for a tire rotation and alignment, so sorry you had to deal with this, anything else you need", so I asked what I had to pay and he just stared at me for a moment and said "Nothing, you just bought the tires from us".

I was impressed how friendly they were the first time I was there, but this time was great. Other tire shops always fought with me when I bought the warranty. Oh no that's only good on the third Thursday of the fourth month so long as Jupiter is in Scorpio, or some other such nonsense. But Discount didn't even fight me! I did have my paperwork, but it was super cool they remembered me to begin with. Their shop is also very nice and clean and no one called me "sweetie".

We only use Discount Tire because they are great about honoring their warranty.  About four years ago DH ran over a 2x4 in the road (traveling on a major highway during rush hour, couldn't avoid it) and bent his rim and ruined the tire.  They were great about helping us find a replacement rim for a price we could afford and that is the only thing we were billed for, the tire replacement was free.  And I just found out they have a layaway program, I have some bald tires that need to be replaced and our budget is super tight.  So it's nice to know that I can go put the tires on layaway and not break my budget.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
ThinkGeek

They are my go to for t-shirts and gifts for my guys, but I just bought the Handbag of Holding and the Dragonscale Messenger Bag of Holding. They are wonderful!

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
My IT department got very jealous when I convinced the project I'm on to buy the Bag of Holding as my laptop bag. I was having a heck of a time finding one I liked that would actually hold a laptop and tablet and power cords and accessories well. When I have to give back the bag, I'm buying one myself!!

My favorite tire store is a local shop. I had some tires wear out after what seemed to be far too short a time, and they agreed, put new tires on my car, and sent the old ones back to the manufacturer to see how much towards the replacements they'd give me. I drove on those new tires for 4 months before we heard back, and only THEN did I have to pay the remaining balance on the new tires. Seriously - 4 months before I paid a penny.
"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Where's the Quiet?

We adopted QuietDog last week and she decided to divebomb into some souveniers left by other animals in our yard. I found a DIY dog wash and figured I'd give it a shot, even though it is not in my usual shopping areas. When we walked in, the employees showed me how to use everything and made sure I knew that there are no time limits and I can use any of the products I want. The products are high quality and the place was neat and clean. The prices were pretty reasonable too...$12 to $22, depending on the size of the dog. They will also do it for you for an additional cost.

As I was drying QuietDog, the employees asked questions about her and I mentioned that we had just adopted her. With that, they announced this wash was free and we walked out with a bag full of free samples and toys. Their products smelled great, I walked out feeling like they genuinely cared about my dog and it was so much better than trying to bathe QuietDog in my shower. Even though it is out of my comfort zone, I will be going back whenever I want QD to be bathed.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
After having the Handbag of Holding and the Dragonscale bag of holding for a month, I got a coupon to use my geek points to buy the messenger bag of holding.

I have three now!