News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• October 01, 2016, 02:38:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dreams-Good, Bad, Scary  (Read 4159 times)

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
Re: Dreams-Good, Bad, Scary
« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2016, 02:16:20 PM »
Vintagegal, I have a similar dream quite often. Usually I'm packing up after the end of a vacation (often with my extended family for whatever reason) and trying to find all of my things, which are strewn about everywhere, and I'm usually in a hurry to find everything so I can get home before bad weather or something similar. Other times I'll dream that I'm going to be on an airplane soon but I realize in the airport that I didn't pack things properly for TSA or I forgot my ID.

I'm pretty sure these are stress dreams where I'm worried about not being prepared for something, but that doesn't make them less weird.
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Girlie

« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2016, 03:14:50 PM »
This is kind of a weird one - I'm having a little girl next month. My DH and I have had her name picked out for years. I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that my coworker had become convinced, for whatever reason, that I was going to name my child "Shelby Wisconsin LastName." She was lecturing me about it very sternly. I kept trying to convince her that I was NOT going to name my daughter "Shelby Wisconsin," but she just wasn't having it.

When I told this coworker about my dream, she started laughing and advised me NOT to alter my chosen name. Turns out, she'd already gotten us a baby gift monogrammed with the baby's name. :)

Chez Miriam

« Reply #107 on: Yesterday at 04:42:37 PM »
I dreamed the shower hose was in a really bad state of repair: the metal helical coil was all kinds of broken (it looked like swarf), and the inner/water tube/pipe was splitting, and starting to leak [it was a pale bluey shade of green].

It was so real, I wrote on my hand in the middle of the night to "check shower hose".

I saw the writing this morning, checked the hoses [telephone shower over the bath as well as 'proper' shower], and they're fine. ;D

It just felt so random [but completely real], and that's all there was to the dream: mangled shower hose.  :-\
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #108 on: Yesterday at 04:53:43 PM »
Near the anniversary of my mom's death especially, but at other times, I'll have dreams that Mom actually punked us and that she's actually alive. I've gotten used to having these dreams, and try not to think about them much while I'm awake, because I know what it means, and I'll start bawling.  :'(

However, a few days ago, I had a very weird variation on the dream. I dreamed I got my mom back, and I went on a trip around my old hometown with my uncle (Mom's more - younger brother) and his wife. We stopped at the mall, and I found that the guy I have a massive crush on and whom I consider a friend was now gone - vanished (he works at the movie theater in the mall I used to work at). I yelled for him, but never found him. I woke up saying his name, and feeling even worse than I normally do after those dreams. I still have no idea what it all means.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Chez Miriam

« Reply #109 on: Yesterday at 05:02:42 PM »
Near the anniversary of my mom's death especially, but at other times, I'll have dreams that Mom actually punked us and that she's actually alive. I've gotten used to having these dreams, and try not to think about them much while I'm awake, because I know what it means, and I'll start bawling.  :'(

However, a few days ago, I had a very weird variation on the dream. I dreamed I got my mom back, and I went on a trip around my old hometown with my uncle (Mom's more - younger brother) and his wife. We stopped at the mall, and I found that the guy I have a massive crush on and whom I consider a friend was now gone - vanished (he works at the movie theater in the mall I used to work at). I yelled for him, but never found him. I woke up saying his name, and feeling even worse than I normally do after those dreams. I still have no idea what it all means.

Please tell me you don't mean Larry?
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #110 on: Yesterday at 05:23:54 PM »

Please tell me you don't mean Larry?

Noooo. One of my (now former) managers. We bonded over shared movie likes, among other things.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Chez Miriam

« Reply #111 on: Today at 01:26:25 AM »

Please tell me you don't mean Larry? ;)

Noooo. One of my (now former) managers. We bonded over shared movie likes, among other things.

Glad to hear it! ;D

I inserted the smiley I meant to put when I asked the question...  I had been away from eHell for a while, and hadn't realised you'd left the movie theater, so I missed the Larry/PD ending (if there was one).