News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• September 23, 2017, 12:51:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 619633 times)

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #3240 on: August 23, 2017, 11:58:25 AM »
Dear Sophie,

We know you like playing with dangling things, but we thought we'd got you on to cat toys. The fact that USB cables were vanishing must have just been us being untidy...

...not a not-so-small kitten getting caught picking one up and trotting out of the room with it, back to the nest she'd made under the towel in her cat basket. The thoroughly chewed set of USB cables. We're going to be buying replacements.

I do congratulate you on learning to unplug them though: grabbing them between two claws on a paw and leaning back and pulling until the cable pop out of the socket works and is impressive to watch. It just doesn't leave the cables useable.

Regards,
Mum

P.S. Matilda, carry on making all the messes you like. It was so good to see you on the windowsill this morning, after all the times we'd had to help you get up on the chair, even if you did knock my plant over.

songbird

« Reply #3241 on: August 27, 2017, 09:30:08 AM »
Duchess dear,

Yes,  I know you hate the cat carrier, the volume of your wailing let the whole world know.  But you were very good for the vet, despite the numerous assaults on your feline dignity.  We know it was a rough day, that's why you got treats when we got home.

But Duchess, dear, it wasn't THAT bad...waking your daddy up at 3 AM to ask for more treats was just a bit over the top.

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #3242 on: August 31, 2017, 11:43:35 AM »
Dear Sophie,

I know I should be prepared for cats to bring me presents, but I think Stephen and Matilda spoiled me. I suppose this is your natural prey. I wasn't really expecting to find the trail of torn skin across the carpet between two rooms, or the bits of flesh you'd left behind as you rolled it, and what you had left on my pillow disgusted even Matilda.

So tell me, cat, what do you have against Red Delicious apples?

Regards,
Mum
P.S. Please stop going for the new bag of apples the moment my back is turned. I can hear the rustling, so looking innocent won't work.

Chipmunky

« Reply #3243 on: August 31, 2017, 02:02:20 PM »
Dear Mopsy and Squirt,

thank you for tolerating the fact that Hoomin Kitten had a friend visit yesterday (her BFF from daycare, who happens to live right down the street from us), so you had TWO Hoomin Kittens giving you pets and loves, as Your Hoomin Kitten proceeded to show Other Hoomin Kitten how to use Squirt's tummy as a pillow.

Thank you also for not getting mortally offended when Other Hoomin Kitten insisted on calling you "duhduh" (dogdog- her parents have a beagle, so anything furry with a tail on four legs is automatically a dog)

Scritches,

Hoomin Mama

PS- finnnnaaaalllly got the photo of Chipmunchkin and Squirt (the tuxie who wants to be a penguin) to upload!

Photo Poofed
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 08:38:17 AM by Chipmunky »

Ser Lucien Liliane

• He Who Makes Words Make Sense
    • My tumblr
« Reply #3244 on: August 31, 2017, 03:12:02 PM »
Too cute. ;D

Squirt looks like quite the comfortable pillow!
"This is the kind of nonsense up with which I will not put."

Chez Miriam

« Reply #3245 on: September 01, 2017, 07:39:19 AM »
Too cute. ;D

Seconding the "Too cute"!

To me, Squirt looks like (s)he wants to just squirt out of that loving grasp... ;) ;D
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

Chipmunky

« Reply #3246 on: September 01, 2017, 10:33:29 AM »
Too cute. ;D

Seconding the "Too cute"!

To me, Squirt looks like (s)he wants to just squirt out of that loving grasp... ;) ;D

Squirt did want out, but she's too fat to easily wiggle away.

I'm lucky that she's super patient with Chipmunchkin- said child attempted to use her as a "noble steed" yesterday by giving her snuggles on the couch and then trying to swing a leg over her as if we wouldn't notice.  Squirt's perfectly fine, all that fat gives her extra squish padding, but Chipmunchkin was not happy we would not let her try to play horsey with the kitty.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #3247 on: September 03, 2017, 06:38:01 PM »
Dear Sirius,

I'm glad you take your duties seriously, and I appreciate your good job at watching the bird.

However, you do not need to watch the bird from right next to the cage, or on top of the table where you don't belong.

Gardening is not part of your job duties. You do not need to assist with digging out pots. I am not pleased with you making a mess or wasting expensive seeds.

Thanks,

Mom
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

MissRose

« Reply #3248 on: September 04, 2017, 05:45:49 AM »
Too cute. ;D

Awwww cuties both of them : ) thank you for sharing : )