News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• March 29, 2017, 04:39:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Special Snowflakes Redux - play nice!  (Read 75481 times)

Outdoor Girl

Re: Special Snowflakes Redux - play nice!
« Reply #585 on: Yesterday at 08:10:47 AM »
1.  Something that will do all my homework for me...
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Twik

« Reply #586 on: Yesterday at 08:18:36 AM »
Our system had a specific pull down menu for all the US states(can't remember if DC was in there too).

I remember a CS post where someone had a DC ID, and the cashier refused it and insisted it was fake because "Nobody lives in DC". I think they called the cops on the customer, but it may have been a security guard.

Ten extra points if this was someone high up in government circles. (More than 600,000 "nobodies" live in DC.)
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Kiwipinball

« Reply #587 on: Yesterday at 09:09:09 AM »
1.  Something that will do all my homework for me...

Please list this as a single unit for me. E.g. "Homework completing machine." Also, if you can't give me a list of 1-100, please don't bother. This is for a school project. I don't have time to deal with people who can't be bothered to put in the effort. /end sarcasm. Wow, the mind boggles. That would actually be an interesting conversation (even if I knew it was for someone's school project) but the fact that they can't even be bothered to do the work of looking through the comments and creating a list? I can totally see needing some help in brainstorming - 100 is a lot. But expecting people to do 99.9% of the assignment? Yuck.

crs1881

« Reply #588 on: Yesterday at 09:11:47 AM »
Paris, ON, Canada, too.

Rats, beat me to it.

Just a note, Ontario also has:

Dublin
London
Brussels
Washington
and ... Moscow

We even had a Berlin, then WWI came along and it got renamed to Kitchener.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #589 on: Yesterday at 09:20:38 AM »
And Stratford!
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

crs1881

« Reply #590 on: Yesterday at 09:25:13 AM »
And Stratford!

I left that one out, as it doesn't fit the list. All the others are also national capitals of other countries.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #591 on: Yesterday at 09:41:28 AM »
Gotcha - didn't clue into the capitols thing.  I was just thinking names of famous other than Ontario destinations.
Ontario

CrazyDaffodilLady

« Reply #592 on: Yesterday at 10:01:08 AM »
Re: the homework kid

It's against the rules of that message board to help people with their homework.  If the kid had read the rules and not mentioned homework, he probably would've gotten some interesting answers -- just not 100 at a time. 
It takes two people to play tug of war. If you don't want to play, don't pick up the rope.

Coralreef

« Reply #593 on: Yesterday at 03:32:45 PM »
Re: the homework kid

It's against the rules of that message board to help people with their homework.  If the kid had read the rules and not mentioned homework, he probably would've gotten some interesting answers -- just not 100 at a time.

Maybe he saw this as delegating rather than laziness.

[/right