News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• May 28, 2016, 03:39:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A look intio the nest of bald eagles  (Read 1333 times)

sidi-ji

Re: A look intio the nest of bald eagles
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 02:37:42 PM »
You are very welcome. :)

flyersandunicorns

• Orange Crush
  • Up Above The Ropes
    • Love Moonsaults - Livejournal
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 06:05:37 PM »
We have a local bald eagle that likes to soar over my office once in awhile, I get ridiculously excited and I'm bound to be caught one day doing my "it's the eagle it's the eagle" squeal/hand-claps, haha.

These awesome creatures are so much fun!

Addy

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2016, 10:10:47 PM »
We have a local bald eagle that likes to soar over my office once in awhile, I get ridiculously excited and I'm bound to be caught one day doing my "it's the eagle it's the eagle" squeal/hand-claps, haha.

I called my husband from my driveway before I left the other day, just to tell him to look out the front window to see the eagle flying by our house.  ;D

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2016, 01:04:09 AM »
This is really cool! Thanks for creating the post about it! I'd never heard of a nest cam before! We have a few bald eagles in our vicinity and see one flying above us once in a rare while but I've never seen a nest.

crella

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2016, 03:51:53 AM »
I'd never heard of it either, thank you!

flyersandunicorns

• Orange Crush
  • Up Above The Ropes
    • Love Moonsaults - Livejournal
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 12:36:55 PM »

I called my husband from my driveway before I left the other day, just to tell him to look out the front window to see the eagle flying by our house.  ;D

It's so awesome to see them in flight, they're magnificent. I make up stories about our local baldy then my dad ruined it by telling me eagles don't "stalk" lambs, they just like the placentas, so they do troll the fields for the after births, not to steal lambs  to take back to their nest to raise :P

POF

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2016, 01:15:32 PM »
This is really great ! Thanks for the link, I want to see the parents, but keep missing them.

Twik

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2016, 03:49:45 PM »

It's so awesome to see them in flight, they're magnificent. I make up stories about our local baldy then my dad ruined it by telling me eagles don't "stalk" lambs, they just like the placentas, so they do troll the fields for the after births, not to steal lambs  to take back to their nest to raise :P

A local columnist who was into birding always dreamed in his birdfeeding columns of "tethering out a lamb and see if I can pull down an eagle." Maybe a placenta would work better?
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."