News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• April 30, 2016, 01:00:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 2614327 times)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #22830 on: Yesterday at 11:59:01 AM »
The Windows 10 trial upgrade ruined two 1Tb hard drives and a SDD. I found the code to keep it from popping up again. I spent three months fixing the damage done by upgrading.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Sirius

• Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #22831 on: Yesterday at 02:06:02 PM »
When I tried to upgrade my older computer I got an error message that stated, and I quote, "the upgrade cannot continue because something is missing."  Gee, that's helpful.  I never upgraded my old computer, which runs Windows 7, but did upgrade my newer computer, which ran Windows 8.  Once I took off all the extraneous baloney that came with the upgrade my computer has run just fine.

Frog24

« Reply #22832 on: Yesterday at 04:50:03 PM »
My public library offers a service where you can browse and download songs onto your device.  You get 5 free songs a week.  The thing that drives me batty about it the preview service.  The preview is 30 seconds long, and much of that is the instrumental portion of the song.

It's so frustrating to find a song, by an artist, download it and find that the song is actually performed by a cover artist who sounds *similar* to the actual artist.  If they'd given me 30 seconds of the person singing, I'd be able to spot that the voice doesn't sound quite right.

VorFemme

• I am not sweating, I'm glowing!
« Reply #22833 on: Yesterday at 08:02:09 PM »
The Windows 10 trial upgrade ruined two 1Tb hard drives and a SDD. I found the code to keep it from popping up again. I spent three months fixing the damage done by upgrading.

And - the code is???  Please share!

Microsoft says that my computer is Windows 10 compatible - the manufacturer says that updating to Windows 10 is "not supported" - which means that it is not their fault if the process takes the computer down.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?