News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• May 26, 2016, 11:40:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1792126 times)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #7920 on: May 24, 2016, 12:56:26 PM »
^We had a Taco Bell/Pizza Hut hybrid location near my work. I don't know what happened but they lost?? the Pizza Hut license, and had to cover half of their menu with cardboard until they could get it updated.

I haven't gone to a Taco Bell since the cashier skimmed my credit card.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Reika

« Reply #7921 on: May 24, 2016, 08:37:00 PM »
Walgreens.  I've never been a fan of that chain, but after the treatment I got Sunday night, I will never go to another of their locations again. I still can't tell the story without profanity,  but once I can I will send a letter of complaint about their pharmacist.

andi

« Reply #7922 on: May 24, 2016, 08:41:09 PM »
Walgreens.  I've never been a fan of that chain, but after the treatment I got Sunday night, I will never go to another of their locations again. I still can't tell the story without profanity,  but once I can I will send a letter of complaint about their pharmacist.

Glad I'm not the only one. The one here insulted my DH and his doctor.

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #7923 on: Yesterday at 10:59:09 AM »

Walgreens has been off my list for almost 20 years and like you I would have to use a lot of profanity to describe the last encounter. 

The pharmacist actually called me at home later to discuss the situation and I faxed over my typed version of the incident the next day.  Eventually there was a call from the store manager and the pharmacy manager.  This was a major blowup with lots of witnesses and the cashier was actually fired over the incident and some safety procedures were put in place (my fault, literally).   

Never again. 

LadyDyani

« Reply #7924 on: Yesterday at 12:52:55 PM »
My husband used to love Long John Silver's. A couple years ago they combined our local LJS with a KFC.

I picked up some fish for my husband and he complained that it tasted like fish with KFC chicken breading on it. I tried it and he was right, that was pretty gross. We tried it one more time but had the same issue. We think they were frying both the KFC and LJS items in the same oil. So we haven't had LJS for a few years now.

And now that I've talked about it, I really want some hushpuppies.
English doesn't borrow from other languages, it follows them down dark alleys and beats them up and searches their pockets for loose grammar.

MyFamily

« Reply #7925 on: Yesterday at 01:03:50 PM »

Walgreens has been off my list for almost 20 years and like you I would have to use a lot of profanity to describe the last encounter. 

The pharmacist actually called me at home later to discuss the situation and I faxed over my typed version of the incident the next day.  Eventually there was a call from the store manager and the pharmacy manager.  This was a major blowup with lots of witnesses and the cashier was actually fired over the incident and some safety procedures were put in place (my fault, literally).   

Never again.

I'm another one who won't use the Walgreens pharmacy ever again.  I have a friend who used to be a pharmacist for Walgreens (she lives in another state) and she told me when I told her what happened (it was lots of little things that culminated in one big mess up with my son's asthma meds that made me say never again) that all the things that happened were clearly against corporate policy, but corporate doesn't really do anything when someone doesn't follow policy.  I loved my neighborhood, non-chain pharmacy and was so sad when it closed.

"The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones" - Solomon ibn Gabirol

knitwicca

« Reply #7926 on: Today at 07:30:36 AM »

I'm another one who won't use the Walgreens pharmacy ever again.  I have a friend who used to be a pharmacist for Walgreens (she lives in another state) and she told me when I told her what happened (it was lots of little things that culminated in one big mess up with my son's asthma meds that made me say never again) that all the things that happened were clearly against corporate policy, but corporate doesn't really do anything when someone doesn't follow policy.  I loved my neighborhood, non-chain pharmacy and was so sad when it closed.

I posted a while ago about a Walgreens pharmacist filling then-husband's antibiotic prescription with nitroglycerin meds instead...and labeling it as nitro with antibiotic dosage instructions. I.E. Take 2 immediately then one every 6 hours until all are gone.

I complained to the pharmacist who was more concerned that other customers might overhear he had made a potentially fatal mistake than correcting it.
 The response I received from corporate was equivalent to a shoulder shrug.

menley

« Reply #7927 on: Today at 09:07:51 AM »
I avoid Walgreens by my house whenever possible, because there are a bunch of elderly nosy people that work there, including a woman who announced to the whole store that I was purchasing a pregnancy test and invited them to guess whether I was or not.

mumma to KMC

« Reply #7928 on: Today at 09:52:00 AM »
I avoid Walgreens by my house whenever possible, because there are a bunch of elderly nosy people that work there, including a woman who announced to the whole store that I was purchasing a pregnancy test and invited them to guess whether I was or not.

My eyeballs just fell out of my head.

I once went to a dollar store to buy a test and they were also locked up behind the counter, so I had to ask for one. The cashier asked a bunch of personal questions as she was ringing it up for me and it was super uncomfortable. I should have left but it was the only place open in town and I thought I really needed it that minute. (The smell of butter was making me ill, I was 100% certain I was pregnant. Nope, it turns out it was a "natural" butter and it just had a smell to it.)

Note: If you are trying to conceive, amazon sells tests for fairly cheap and you don't have to talk to anyone ;)

Sirius

• Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #7929 on: Today at 12:02:38 PM »
In our local dollar store, the pregnancy tests are right out there with the tampons and pads. 

The one time I had to buy a pregnancy test was for a medical test I was taking, and I was required to take a pregnancy test since the test was of my uterus.  I was 48 and tried to argue my way out of it, but no go.  The expression on Mr. Sirius' face was priceless when I told him.  The clerk in the pharmacy did look at me strangely, but she had never been overly friendly anyway so I just shrugged it off.  This was before my hair had turned as gray as it is now.  The people in Menley's store would have never been able to figure me out, as I was told that I looked like I was in my 30s. 

Figgie

« Reply #7930 on: Today at 07:47:11 PM »
I also had serious issues with our local Walgreens pharmacist.  After speaking to the store manager and the pharmacy manager with no results, I got the full name and license number of the pharmacist and reported them to the state pharmacy board.  I have no idea what happened (pharmacy board in our state doesn't have to report the results of their investigation), but I do know that that pharmacist no longer works at our local Walgreens.

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #7931 on: Today at 09:08:34 PM »
My husband used to love Long John Silver's. A couple years ago they combined our local LJS with a KFC.

I picked up some fish for my husband and he complained that it tasted like fish with KFC chicken breading on it. I tried it and he was right, that was pretty gross. We tried it one more time but had the same issue. We think they were frying both the KFC and LJS items in the same oil. So we haven't had LJS for a few years now.

And now that I've talked about it, I really want some hushpuppies.
Ew! I love fish and chips and checked, but never the train should meet! I've worked in take away and we had three vats for that very reason. One for chips, one for fish and one for little things like dims sims and chicken. We had crumbs fish for a while but stopped because it just put all that junk in the oil.

A good take away to me is one that cleans their oil regularly. Fortunately, there's a great fish and chip place near us that does exactly that.