News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• June 29, 2017, 09:40:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pokemon Go craze  (Read 52105 times)

Mayadoz

• Nobody is in charge of my happiness except me.
Re: Pokemon Go craze
« Reply #840 on: June 26, 2017, 05:48:28 AM »
If I can't resolve this, my Pokemon Go days are at an end (for now).

I've had problems for the past couple of weeks - every time I open the app it asks me to sign in again, every time it comes up with 'Unable to authenticate, please try again later' (or similar).
I was resolving the problem by leaving it for half an hour or so, trying every so often, then it would usually let me sign in after four or five attempts.

A few days ago there was an update which just wouldn't download. I left it literally for hours and the little progress wheel was advanced a tiny bit (say from the 12 to the 1 if it was a clock face) and stuck there. I deleted the app entirely, then went back into the app store and re-downloaded. It took a while, but it got there eventually.

Now I can't sign in again - as per the first paragraph of this post, except it doesn't matter how often I try or how long I wait, it just won't let me log in.

If anyone else has experienced similar and has a way to progress, I'd love to hear it. :( :-\

Life is short. Buy the shoes. Drink the wine. Order the dessert.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #841 on: June 26, 2017, 07:17:28 AM »
I'm sorry, I would look one the Pokemon Go reddit page and see if anyone has ideas.

I'm to the point where I will hunt if I'm in a good place for it, but I am no longer seeking out places to hunt. I feel like I will be giving up the app soon, because the new gym and raid features aren't appealing to me.
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Harriet Jones

• Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #842 on: June 26, 2017, 08:02:43 AM »
Mayadoz,  I have similar problems if I'm in an area where the wi-fi isn't good.  I don't know if that's what's happening with you, though.  I'll turn the wi-fi off on my phone and try to reload the app.  Once it loads, I'll turn the wi-fi back on again.

With every update, the app seems glitchier.  After the most recent update, It took probably 5 or 6 tries to open without crashing.

Overall, I still like collecting the Pokemon, but if there's no event, all I seem to find are Pidgeys, etc.  Boring.

KarenK

« Reply #843 on: June 26, 2017, 11:13:28 AM »
I don't think we can train the way we used to. And now the raids are just for level 35 and higher.

I don't know about the training, but I did a raid all by myself this morning, and beat an approx 11,000 pt Magmar mostly with a couple of Vaporeon (sensitive to the water attack). I'm only level 29.

ladyknight1

« Reply #844 on: June 26, 2017, 11:14:04 AM »
I don't think we can train the way we used to. And now the raids are just for level 35 and higher.

I don't know about the training, but I did a raid all by myself this morning, and beat an approx 11,000 pt Magmar mostly with a couple of Vaporeon (sensitive to the water attack). I'm only level 29.

I'm the same level. What rewards did you get for doing the raid?
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

KarenK

« Reply #845 on: June 26, 2017, 12:26:55 PM »

I'm the same level. What rewards did you get for doing the raid?

It's hard to remember, but I know I got something called a Fast TM, which teaches a Pokemon a new fast attack, whatever the heck that is. Also 2 Rare Candies, which I also can't quite figure out, either. I also got a couple of Golden Razz Berries, but I used one to catch the Magmar (not the really powerful one, but a normal 1260 one). After you defeat the big one, you get a chance to catch a smaller one using special balls. I also got a bunch of XP - 2 or 3 thousand.

So far, I haven't come across a gym manned by my group (Mystic). I've got some gym badges, but mostly because I used them as pokestops.

ladyknight1

« Reply #846 on: June 26, 2017, 01:18:20 PM »
I'm team Valor, and there are lots of gyms for us, but I am never near one at a raid. I will try later this week.

Thanks for the info!
-J.R.R Tolkien

Mayadoz

• Nobody is in charge of my happiness except me.
« Reply #847 on: June 27, 2017, 05:30:58 AM »
Mayadoz,  I have similar problems if I'm in an area where the wi-fi isn't good.  I don't know if that's what's happening with you, though.  I'll turn the wi-fi off on my phone and try to reload the app.  Once it loads, I'll turn the wi-fi back on again.

With every update, the app seems glitchier.  After the most recent update, It took probably 5 or 6 tries to open without crashing.

Overall, I still like collecting the Pokemon, but if there's no event, all I seem to find are Pidgeys, etc.  Boring.

I've tried with both wifi and 3G, uninstalled again today and retried, still no joy.
I'm going to have a hunt around later and see if there's any possibly fixes I can try and will report back if so.

I just really want to walk my Dragonair and get enough candies to evolve to Dragonite...and then my Porygon so I can use the Upgrade!!
Life is short. Buy the shoes. Drink the wine. Order the dessert.

MrTango

« Reply #848 on: June 27, 2017, 07:42:38 AM »
Ever since the last update with the redesigned gyms, I've found my game to be quite laggy.

I haven't had a chance to battle in the new system yet, so no comment on that, but I do appreciate that Gyms now double as stops.

KarenK

« Reply #849 on: June 27, 2017, 01:54:02 PM »
Ever since the last update with the redesigned gyms, I've found my game to be quite laggy.

I haven't had a chance to battle in the new system yet, so no comment on that, but I do appreciate that Gyms now double as stops.

Agree about the stops.

I had one successful raid this morning, and one failed one this afternoon. You only have a certain amount of time to try to beat the big guy, and if they are of any size at all, you definitely need more people. On my morning raid, there were two of us, and we dispatched him fairly quickly. The afternoon one, I was fighting alone and just ran out of time.

I also took over the gym for a short time, but if no one else leaves a Pokemon to help hold the gym, you are easily defeated and chucked out. You can only put one Pokemon per trainer.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #850 on: June 27, 2017, 07:42:17 PM »
I'm glad the gyms are stops now too. I was at the actual gym last night and I was close enough to the Pokémon gym to spin it every 5 minutes or so.

I'm not too sure I'm going to mess with the raids and whatnot. I work 2nd shift so there's not a whole lot chances to be out with other people.

And I have the same problem logging in sometimes. I've even fired off a strongly worded email to niantic about it.