News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• January 20, 2018, 05:18:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 4844479 times)

Luci

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #26280 on: January 15, 2018, 10:20:27 PM »
I'm glad to see so many people who like to do their own research. :)

My calf muscle's seized up and won't unlock, and I can't even massage it out because it's so painful. :-\

Potassium is your friend. I hope you feel better.

I'm going to see about temporarily upping my potassium supplement. A week or so ought to do it.

I did manage to get it mostly massaged out and I plan to take a hot bath later - just a hair under "boil an ox" ought to be warm enough. ;)
Take the hot bath in epsom salts if you have some.

I think I do - I'll just have to dig them out. Thanks for the reminder!

Have you tried mustard or pickle juice?

I haven't, actually. Not the biggest fan of mustard, and no pickles. Might be worth a try if it gets worse though!

No! I have leg cramps and high potassium. I have high sodium. What works for me is magnesium and coQ10. Your remedies could kill me slowly. Mine might cause you damage.

Other than heat and vibrator, all this other stuff is medical advice. See your doc.

PastryGoddess

« Reply #26281 on: January 15, 2018, 11:17:28 PM »
I'm glad to see so many people who like to do their own research. :)

My calf muscle's seized up and won't unlock, and I can't even massage it out because it's so painful. :-\

Potassium is your friend. I hope you feel better.

I'm going to see about temporarily upping my potassium supplement. A week or so ought to do it.

I did manage to get it mostly massaged out and I plan to take a hot bath later - just a hair under "boil an ox" ought to be warm enough. ;)
Take the hot bath in epsom salts if you have some.

I think I do - I'll just have to dig them out. Thanks for the reminder!

Have you tried mustard or pickle juice?

I haven't, actually. Not the biggest fan of mustard, and no pickles. Might be worth a try if it gets worse though!

No! I have leg cramps and high potassium. I have high sodium. What works for me is magnesium and coQ10. Your remedies could kill me slowly. Mine might cause you damage.

Other than heat and vibrator, all this other stuff is medical advice. See your doc.

The OP doesn't have high potassium though...

And you don't eat the mustard or drink the pickle juice every day.  You take a couple of spoonfuls or drink a few ounces. 

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #26282 on: January 15, 2018, 11:46:13 PM »
Please take the medical advice to PM. I'd hate to see this thread get locked.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
« Reply #26283 on: January 16, 2018, 11:33:40 PM »
Sorry about that, I didn't intend for things to take that much of a detour.

The snow is currently driving me up a wall. I don't like shoveling.
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."

vintagegal

« Reply #26284 on: January 17, 2018, 10:45:28 AM »
4" of snow here and the driveway plow guy JUST came by. After I shoveled enough so I can get out. (I rent, BTW).

Just want to say, if you get a calf cramp in bed at night, it's a good idea to get up and put weight on it. Sometimes that's all it takes.

Frog24

« Reply #26285 on: January 17, 2018, 03:41:35 PM »
Why is it so hard to find yoghurt that isn't low or non fat? All I want is some ordinary yoghurt in sensible flavours in a lunchbox size pot but apparently they don't exist any more  >:( >:( :o :o

Sorry for the minor thread derailment... but have you considered making your own yogurt?  I used to make it for my kids when they were babies out of half & half.  The internet is your friend, but here's my quick recipe:  Scald 1L of  milk (fat content of your choice), then cool to room temperature.  Stir in a couple of tablespoons of any type of plain yogurt, or crack open a couple of capsules of pro-biotics and stir in the contents.  Put in the oven (covered) with the oven light on and leave overnight.  Next morning?  Bam! Yogurt.   

Then you can separate it into small pots with some jam or fresh fruit. 

</threadjack>

My little thing that drives me crazy is the curvature and rotation of the earth.  Today is a horrible weather day; blustery winds, sideways rain, and general winter nastiness.  I had a headwind on my way in, and by the time I go home, the wind will have shifted and I'll have a headwind on my way home.  :(  boo hoo for me.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 03:43:07 PM by Frog24 »

LemonZen

« Reply #26286 on: January 18, 2018, 11:10:35 AM »
Parents who don't RSVP for birthday parties!

The RSVP deadline has passed, the party is tomorrow, and I still don't know if this kid is coming or not, and a text to the parent has gone unanswered. Funnily enough, the only reason I have the parent's number is from when I RSVP'd to her kid's party a few months ago  ::).

My kid has been asking this girl at school if she can come, and all she can say is that her mom doesn't know yet. Ok, but the party is tomorrow, so maybe if you can't commit to something the next day because you're still not sure, just say no then? We're having a small party this year, just a few close friends, and doing a labour intensive (and prep intensive) activity, so I know that if I don't make one for her, she'll show up, and if I do, she won't. Oh well.

Also, I ordered something from Walmart weeks ago, and it hasn't arrived. Called their help department, and the courier, and both of them said it's "lost" and they don't know where it is. Ok, but can you send me a new one then? Nope, they have to do an "investigation" which will take days, or longer, and then they'll get back to me. Still haven't heard anything and I know I'll probably have to follow up and escalate it in order to ever see my item or even get my money back. Sigh.