News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 19, 2017, 04:16:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Where is Kimberami?  (Read 3240 times)

asb8

Re: Where is Kimberami?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2017, 10:24:54 PM »
While we're on the subject, has anyone heard from Kherbert?

squeakers

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2017, 10:49:56 PM »
These kinds of threads usually get locked: explanation being if you cared enough you would have PMd in the past them and have outside ways of interacting with the missing who could be under a forum sanction of some sort and can't post back.

Plus it sux when no one sees you have been gone and no "where is X?" gets posted and also sux when people see and remark upon you being gone when Real Life hands you dog biscuits or kitty crunchies and you need to take time to even _think_ about posting or reading or even being online... and when you come back no desire to mention just why you were gone.

The same for if being sanctioned (not that anyone mentioned so far has been that I know of... I've been offline on vacation for over a week.)
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Addy

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2017, 11:48:00 PM »
These kinds of threads usually get locked: explanation being if you cared enough you would have PMd in the past them and have outside ways of interacting with the missing who could be under a forum sanction of some sort and can't post back.

Plus it sux when no one sees you have been gone and no "where is X?" gets posted and also sux when people see and remark upon you being gone when Real Life hands you dog biscuits or kitty crunchies and you need to take time to even _think_ about posting or reading or even being online... and when you come back no desire to mention just why you were gone.

The same for if being sanctioned (not that anyone mentioned so far has been that I know of... I've been offline on vacation for over a week.)

Sorry, I didn't realize this sort of thread was frowned upon, but the bolded is what I was hoping someone could tell me. That's why I asked if anyone knew her on Facebook or somewhere else IRL.

Giraffe, Esq

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 01:24:52 AM »
I wonder about Mommy Penguin and others.

I can answer re: Mommy Penguin.  She's doing fine, just moved on to other activities / pursuits and not on these boards much.

buvezdevin

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2017, 07:53:44 AM »

I can answer re: Mommy Penguin.  She's doing fine, just moved on to other activities / pursuits and not on these boards much.

I now have a mental picture of a penguin and giraffe having friendly chats.
Never refuse to do a kindness unless the act would work great injury to yourself, and never refuse to take a drink -- under any circumstances.
Mark Twain

Giraffe, Esq

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2017, 07:16:52 PM »

I now have a mental picture of a penguin and giraffe having friendly chats.

Well...our IM chats usually do start with "HI PENGUIN!!!!"  With a nice "Giraffe!" in response.  And no, I'm not substituting screen names for what we really say -- we really do call each other Penguin and Giraffe!   >:D

Another Sarah

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2017, 06:42:23 AM »
There are a few posters who used to be really prolific who disappeared! I always wonder about Piratelvr and Lynn2000. It never seems odd to me if people drop off posting slowly, but people who went from posting multiple times a day to not at all make me curious. then again I did something similar a few years ago, realized a particular internet space was bad for me and quit cold turkey.

I've wondered about Lynn2000 a lot. She hasn't posted in about a year, hopefully she'll come back. I really liked her posts.
I can't speak for the others, but I remember the last post Lynn2000 made - it was quite an innocuous question and a couple of posters were really rude about her and her motives over it. I remember thinking at the time that people seemed to be looking for an argument, but it seems she hasn't posted since. I hope it's a coincidence, because it would be such a shame to have someone who always seemed so genuinely nice feel picked on & like they had to leave the board

Team HoundMom

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2017, 10:12:05 AM »
Does anybody here remember Cyndi?  This was many years ago. She was a young woman with autism and would post fascinating things about her condition.  One time she was recording a video and a car alarm outside her window triggered a "meltdown" and she kept filming until it was over and posted that to illustrate what a meltdown looks like.  She was an amazing woman and she just vanished off the board.  I miss her.  I sometimes wonder about her and hope she's doing well.

There was also a lady who gave the best advice and insight, I forget her screen name but she had a number of children and quit the board to focus more on her family. 

Another girl who I really enjoyed following was AFBlueBelle.  She seemed like a super cool person.  I wish I could have met her in real life. 

Wordgeek

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2017, 10:54:22 AM »

Yes, indeed.

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.