News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• May 28, 2015, 12:26:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Are there any beauty routines that you refuse to do or will not do very often?  (Read 4191 times)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
Same here about the sun.  I avoid it like a vampire because a few relatives got sun poisoning many years ago and I have no desire to go there.

I use a Coolibar parasol in the summer, although I probably should use it the rest of the year as well.

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
I just tried a new hair routine tonight called max hydration method and while it works, it won't be added to my normal routine.  It took forever and is just impractical to do every 3 days.  I might do it once a week...maybe. 

I can barely remember to shave my legs because I don't have much hair on them.  When I do remember, I can use a dry razor to get rid of the sparse hair that grows.

Thanks to a skin condition that causes uncontrollable itching, I only shower 2-3 times per week.  Otherwise I do hip baths in the sink.   

I don't wear a ton of makeup, but I do wash my face every day with the oil cleansing method.

I am glad to hear there are others with skin conditions that prohibit daily showers.  I keep clean and wash daily, but somehow the idea of not taking a shower every day bothers me.  No way could I, my skin would literally flake off, but.....

I actually like showers and enjoy taking them.  My skin condition is such that as long as I am wet, it's fine.  The minute I start to dry off...cue massive itching. 

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
I just tried a new hair routine tonight called max hydration method and while it works, it won't be added to my normal routine.  It took forever and is just impractical to do every 3 days.  I might do it once a week...maybe. 

I can barely remember to shave my legs because I don't have much hair on them.  When I do remember, I can use a dry razor to get rid of the sparse hair that grows.

Thanks to a skin condition that causes uncontrollable itching, I only shower 2-3 times per week.  Otherwise I do hip baths in the sink.   

I don't wear a ton of makeup, but I do wash my face every day with the oil cleansing method.

I am glad to hear there are others with skin conditions that prohibit daily showers.  I keep clean and wash daily, but somehow the idea of not taking a shower every day bothers me.  No way could I, my skin would literally flake off, but.....

I actually like showers and enjoy taking them.  My skin condition is such that as long as I am wet, it's fine.  The minute I start to dry off...cue massive itching.

I don't have any skin issues.  I keep clean but shower every other night instead of every night.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store

I don't have any skin issues.  I keep clean but shower every other night instead of every night.

You are very lucky.  I wasn't diagnosed until I was an adult.  For years I thought I had dry skin.  Even though massage therapists and aestheticians would complement me on my skin.  I thought they were just being nice. 

Them my dermatologist was like, you have great skin...but your condition has nothing to do with it...keep up the good work...here's some medication to help ::)

Bottlecaps

I don't tan. I'm pretty fair and I've had a few sunburns in my life - no point in inflicting any more damage to my skin than my own youthful naivety about sunblock did!

My make-up routine is pretty minimal - eyebrow pencil, eyeliner, and eyeshadow. Sometimes I wear a little lipgloss, though most of the time I stick with good ol' Chapstick. I will say that even on the days where I won't be wearing eyeliner and eyeshadow, I still fill in my brows because I overplucked them as a teen and now they just don't look right unless they're filled in. (I even take my eyebrow pencil camping, LOL!)

I shower just about every day, although every now and then I'll skip a day if I'm not doing anything or going anywhere. I shave my armpits in every shower, but my legs and bikini area only get it every other shower. I wish I could go longer, but the stubble drives me nuts, which really has me looking into waxing as an option at some point.

Hmmmm, what else? I don't use moisturizer although sometimes I need to, lol. I will use it on my face in the winter though. Oh, I color my hair red, but I'm terrible with the upkeep. Right now my roots are showing pretty badly, but luckily I have red undertones in my hair so it blends in well enough until I get around to coloring it again. I almost never paint my fingernails, but I do my best to keep my toenails painted and looking decent. The last time my fingernails were done was for my wedding this past August! (And even those were just glue-on nails that I painted red, haha.)

I've always thought I was a terrible girl because I'm relatively minimalistic in my beauty routines. It's good to know that I'm not a terrible girl, just one that doesn't care to devote too much time to something that will inevitably fade. :)
"Some of the most wonderful people are the ones who don't fit into boxes." -Tori Amos