A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Not Going To Happen 'Cause I'm Not Harry Potter (Impossible Patron Requests)

<< < (528/701) > >>

static:
I work for my county's school library service - a large library whose only clients are the local schools.

At the end of every school term, we run a topic request service, where teachers will email us requests for a box of books to support the subjects they will be teaching during the next term. We probably get around a thousand requests a time.

Typically, 'topic boxes' contain about 20 or so books on any particular aspect of the national curriculum, such as various aspects of history (WW2, Egyptians, Romans, etc), though some of the things requested can get pretty... unusual, and there are one or two that could well qualify here.

Today, however, one of my colleagues found this gem at the end of what had been a perfectly reasonable request;
"... and that book with the title we forgot"

kherbert05:

--- Quote from: Cardboard Knee on March 26, 2013, 04:03:49 PM ---I work for my county's school library service - a large library whose only clients are the local schools.

At the end of every school term, we run a topic request service, where teachers will email us requests for a box of books to support the subjects they will be teaching during the next term. We probably get around a thousand requests a time.

Typically, 'topic boxes' contain about 20 or so books on any particular aspect of the national curriculum, such as various aspects of history (WW2, Egyptians, Romans, etc), though some of the things requested can get pretty... unusual, and there are one or two that could well qualify here.

Today, however, one of my colleagues found this gem at the end of what had been a perfectly reasonable request;
"... and that book with the title we forgot"

--- End quote ---
I would assume that the list was drawn up by a group of teachers. The note at the bottom was for them to try and find the title of the book and they forgot about it being there when they sent the list in.

Frog24:

--- Quote from: Garden Goblin on January 14, 2013, 08:58:23 AM ---My favorite impossible request -

Them: 'Hi, I need you to walk me through task on the computer.'
Me: 'Okay, do ____ and tell me what you see on the screen'
Them: 'Oh, I'm not at my computer/home/etc....'
Me: :::headdesk:::

--- End quote ---

LOL!  Yes, I used to have that client too, when I worked phone support.

Me: Hi, Company Name, Frog speaking.
Client: Hi, Frog, this is client.... my computer's not working again. I can't get into my database.
(I knew the client by her voice, and knew this would be good.)
Me: Okay, let's walk through this.  Are you at the computer now?
(With this client I knew to ALWAYS ask this question)
Client: No, I'm in the bath tub. But here's the problem. (She explains the problem.)  And it didn't do any of that before my electrician worked on my computer.
Me: You let your electrician work on your computer?!!
Client: Yes, he saw the movie "Pay it Forward" and now troubleshoots my computer for me for free.
Me: *face palm*  *headdesk*

Katana_Geldar:
Had a SS student trying to convince me to make an exception for her, because she had homework, and let her take a closed reserve textbook home. Some of them still think they can take them to class, and I have to watch them as they walk away as the alarm doesn't always go off.

nutraxfornerves:
From Customers Suck Hot Quiz, Pop Shot!

The OP has no language issues that I can see, but I can't vouch for subsequent posts.

Argabarga, the poster, works for a garage/towing company. A search for posts by him will yield a treasure trove of SS, brain hurts, and just plain not firing on all cylinders.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version