A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Not Going To Happen 'Cause I'm Not Harry Potter (Impossible Patron Requests)

<< < (604/906) > >>

Lady Snowdon:
The best call I ever took of the "wanted the competition" variety was a older lady who was convinced that every for-profit and not-for-profit health insurance company was all owned by the same parent company.  Therefore, in her mind it followed logically that I, a person answering the phone at A Corp, would have access to her information on file at G Corp.  When I advised her that was not the case, and she would need to talk to the people at G Corp, she got very upset and said, "I know that's not true!  You're all owned by the same people, so just do whatever you have to do on your little monitor over there and tell me xyz, now!". 

iridaceae:
I just had a guest check in who is here for an off-property convention (they are just sleeping here; all the events are some place else) who had a meltdown because I don't know anything about the various seminars.  Yes,  well,  I'm not the one who never bothered to look at the convention sheets/booklet they were sent. I can tell you the convention proper is off-property. That's all I know. There's no reason I should know any more than that.

PastryGoddess:

--- Quote from: iridaceae on October 24, 2013, 03:57:55 AM ---I just had a guest check in who is here for an off-property convention (they are just sleeping here; all the events are some place else) who had a meltdown because I don't know anything about the various seminars.  Yes,  well,  I'm not the one who never bothered to look at the convention sheets/booklet they were sent. I can tell you the convention proper is off-property. That's all I know. There's no reason I should know any more than that.

--- End quote ---

My eyes just rolled so hard, I think one of them fell out

unnalee:

--- Quote from: iridaceae on October 24, 2013, 03:57:55 AM ---I just had a guest check in who is here for an off-property convention (they are just sleeping here; all the events are some place else) who had a meltdown because I don't know anything about the various seminars.  Yes,  well,  I'm not the one who never bothered to look at the convention sheets/booklet they were sent. I can tell you the convention proper is off-property. That's all I know. There's no reason I should know any more than that.

--- End quote ---

I've had a similar problem.  Our building is part of a university.  We house an archive (that's where I work), a small art gallery, meeting space, the campus newspaper, and have a Hall that people often rent for parties, receptions, etc.  I have lost count of the number of calls I've taken from people demanding information about an event put on by an outside 3rd party.  I have no idea when the Smith wedding starts, and there's no reason to get snippy with me about it.  I am in no way responsible for booking the space or planning events.  I can transfer you to the person who does that stuff, but don't get huffy with me because I don't know the details!

MissRose:

--- Quote from: Twik on October 23, 2013, 09:37:26 AM ---I had someone call up and ask for an instruction sheet for a competitor's widget.

When I explained we only had instruction sheets for *our* widgets, and they should, perhaps, contact the competitor for their sheet, they got very annoyed, and kept repeating, "I don't understand! They're WIDGETS, and you're a widget-seller! Why don't you have instructions for all of them?"

--- End quote ---

I work for an Internet provider.  I've had people think we are Provider Y or Z.  I've had people call in and start saying they need things that a bank or a doctor's office can help with.  I've even had a few people think I can help them make hotel or airline reservations!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version