A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Not Going To Happen 'Cause I'm Not Harry Potter (Impossible Patron Requests)

<< < (639/682) > >>

LadyClaire:

--- Quote from: rose red on January 01, 2014, 01:38:47 PM ---Iíve had more than one customer call to say our website is not working.  The mind-breaking thing is that we ask them to try on their other computer and it works, but because itís not working on their preferred computer, they still insist our website is broken so we need to fix it.  Huh?

--- End quote ---

Kind of the opposite of that..a professor at work couldn't get a particular company's website to work for her. She e-mailed IT and asked them to fix it. IT replied and told her it wasn't an issue on our end, it was an issue with the non-related company's website and thus, they could not fix it. So then the professor e-mailed the Associate Dean of the university and said "can you make IT fix this issue for me??!" The Associate Dean told her "uh..no. Maybe you should call the company instead of our IT department."

darling:

--- Quote from: LadyClaire on January 02, 2014, 12:32:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: rose red on January 01, 2014, 01:38:47 PM ---Iíve had more than one customer call to say our website is not working.  The mind-breaking thing is that we ask them to try on their other computer and it works, but because itís not working on their preferred computer, they still insist our website is broken so we need to fix it.  Huh?

--- End quote ---

Kind of the opposite of that..a professor at work couldn't get a particular company's website to work for her. She e-mailed IT and asked them to fix it. IT replied and told her it wasn't an issue on our end, it was an issue with the non-related company's website and thus, they could not fix it. So then the professor e-mailed the Associate Dean of the university and said "can you make IT fix this issue for me??!" The Associate Dean told her "uh..no. Maybe you should call the company instead of our IT department."

--- End quote ---

And then the professor starts a vendetta against IT for making her look dumb... Been there, done that, ignoring her requests unless she submits them via email so I have a paper trail...

MissRose:

--- Quote from: LadyClaire on January 02, 2014, 12:32:59 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I've gotten that before.... the joy of working in tech support!

Yarnspinner:
Peter M, we had a woman who used to bring in her laptop on a daily basis and would refuse our wifi server because....she wanted to use the one in HER APARTMENT on the other side of town.  We told her (repeatedly) that is she wanted to use the server in her apartment then she should just, you know, STAY HOME.  But she had an answer for that:  "I don't know what I am doing and I need your help."

Yeah, we figured that out on our own, lady.  If you want our help, then you gotta use our wifi.

And, if I had a dime for every person who insists it's our fault that they cannot access old websites which are clearly labeled with some warning like "THIS SITE NO LONGER EXISTS.  FOR OLDER VERSIONS CLICK HERE" I could buy the whole internet.  It is a mystery how so many people can figure out how to log on and surf, but they CANNOT READ THE DISCLAIMERS or the labels that say things like "The site is being updated" or "under construction, not available."   Also, I am sorry that Rachel Ray's site hasn't been updated this week, but it is not my job to get in touch with Ms. Ray and inform her.  She doesn't work here.

Midnight Kitty:
Oh no!  I record Ms. Ray's TV show to watch while I make dinner.  I guess I knew that she had a website, but I hadn't visited it.  I'll bet I can get lost for hours there, too. :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version