A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Not Going To Happen 'Cause I'm Not Harry Potter (Impossible Patron Requests)

<< < (696/699) > >>

violinp:
Dearest, darlingest (not really) Patron yesterday:

I realize that you really, really wanted to see Maleficent in 3D. However, we no longer have it in 3D format. Therefore, you can't see it in 3D. We still have it in - oh, you're really angry at us? Because...why? Maleficent has been in theaters for almost a full month. That's four weeks in which you could have chosen to see the movie in 3D, and yet you think we're horrible people for finally having to drop it, because several new movies have come out in that time and we need to make room.

Oh, now, after berating my co - worker, you want to berate my new manager too? Great. Just great. Fortunately, she didn't tolerate your ire and just gave you re - admit passes and told you to have a nice day.

Jocelyn:

--- Quote from: violinp on June 28, 2014, 02:09:17 PM ---Dearest, darlingest (not really) Patron yesterday:

I realize that you really, really wanted to see Maleficent in 3D. However, we no longer have it in 3D format. Therefore, you can't see it in 3D. We still have it in - oh, you're really angry at us? Because...why? Maleficent has been in theaters for almost a full month. That's four weeks in which you could have chosen to see the movie in 3D, and yet you think we're horrible people for finally having to drop it, because several new movies have come out in that time and we need to make room.

Oh, now, after berating my co - worker, you want to berate my new manager too? Great. Just great. Fortunately, she didn't tolerate your ire and just gave you re - admit passes and told you to have a nice day.

--- End quote ---

I attend a knitting group at the local library, as do several of the librarians. As we were leaving last Tuesday, the librarian at the front desk grabbed her colleagues to ask about the availability of Maleficient on DVD for checkout. Apparently the caller was not willing to accept that libraries don't get copies of current first-run movies, and that they have to wait til the DVD goes on sale...

MissRose:
This guy called into my department and complained about the wait time.  I apologized and he then said you need to hire more people.  I wish I could have said, tell me something I don't know and a lowly agent has control over hiring decisions .. NOT !

Yarnspinner:

--- Quote from: Jocelyn on June 28, 2014, 09:10:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: violinp on June 28, 2014, 02:09:17 PM ---Dearest, darlingest (not really) Patron yesterday:

--- End quote ---

I attend a knitting group at the local library, as do several of the librarians. As we were leaving last Tuesday, the librarian at the front desk grabbed her colleagues to ask about the availability of Maleficient on DVD for checkout. Apparently the caller was not willing to accept that libraries don't get copies of current first-run movies, and that they have to wait til the DVD goes on sale...

--- End quote ---

Jocelyn, if librarians had a dime for every movie patrons request while said movie is still in theaters (or not even out yet--one patron has been hounding me since 2012 for "Finding Dory" a movie not scheduled to come out until 2015)  we could build our own libraries and run them as we saw fit.   

Which reminds me of a patron who called and wanted to know if we had a book by Thomas Clancy.  The title he gave me was unfamiliar and I could not find it in our catalog or on Amazon or even googling Clancy's complete works.  Fifteen minutes later, the patron finally says "Well, he was talking about it this morning on [radio show whose name I have forgotten] and how he is through outlining it and is getting ready to write it."

"So you think we have a book that is still, primarily, in the author's HEAD?" 

"Well, it was worth a try."

I shake my head in perplexity.....

violinp:

--- Quote from: Yarnspinner on July 07, 2014, 05:13:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jocelyn on June 28, 2014, 09:10:12 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Jocelyn, if librarians had a dime for every movie patrons request while said movie is still in theaters (or not even out yet--one patron has been hounding me since 2012 for "Finding Dory" a movie not scheduled to come out until 2015)  we could build our own libraries and run them as we saw fit.   

Which reminds me of a patron who called and wanted to know if we had a book by Thomas Clancy.  The title he gave me was unfamiliar and I could not find it in our catalog or on Amazon or even googling Clancy's complete works.  Fifteen minutes later, the patron finally says "Well, he was talking about it this morning on [radio show whose name I have forgotten] and how he is through outlining it and is getting ready to write it."

"So you think we have a book that is still, primarily, in the author's HEAD?" 

"Well, it was worth a try."

I shake my head in perplexity.....

--- End quote ---

Okay, you win. Sheesh, that's crazy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version