News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 24, 2017, 03:45:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not Going To Happen 'Cause I'm Not Harry Potter (Impossible Patron Requests)  (Read 1484130 times)

MissRose

Re: Not Going To Happen 'Cause I'm Not Harry Potter (Impossible Patron Requests)
« Reply #4530 on: September 24, 2017, 07:40:29 AM »
I work for an internet and voice line provider.  We have had many calls asking about restoral of services as the segment I work in services only business customers.  I've had some people get angry because their service was not yet restored due to the recent hurricanes.  First of all, those going off on us had NO power at all.  Second, most of them were in areas where there were things like curfews, down trees, high water etc.   

Our company has since restored services in most affected areas.  There was certainly grumbling at times and I am sure we are not the only provider of such services to have been on the receiving end of customer complaints.  Keep in mind, places like ours and public utilities make sure places like emergency service providers/places/responders and hospitals/medical places get back up first to normal services so they do not have to use any type of back up generators.  A regular business who does not fall in that category is further down the list for priority.

MissRose

Re: Not Going To Happen 'Cause I'm Not Harry Potter (Impossible Patron Requests)
« Reply #4531 on: November 04, 2017, 07:12:56 AM »
Customer wanted the librarian (ie- moi) to help her fill out a very long and detailed job application in a language she was not fluent in.

We are currently short staffed. But that is not the reason this goes beyond Special Snowflake and into Harry Potter.

She asked if she could leave it here for me to fill out during my hour off the desk and then pick it up! So she did not just want the occasional translation or clarification. She wanted me to do it for her in its entirety. It was nearly 20 pages long.

I gave her the number of the local workforce alliance.

::)  ::)