Author Topic: Not Going To Happen 'Cause I'm Not Harry Potter (Impossible Patron Requests)  (Read 676316 times)

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: Not Going To Happen 'Cause I'm Not Harry Potter (Impossible Patron Requests)
« Reply #2910 on: September 17, 2013, 11:40:55 PM »
How did she take it?
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
Re: Not Going To Happen 'Cause I'm Not Harry Potter (Impossible Patron Requests)
« Reply #2911 on: September 18, 2013, 12:26:05 AM »
I told her that the cost for each would start $100 a piece and unless it was Oct 2014, there was no way I could make them in time. She hasn't responded yet.

For the curious, [Link=http://www.gourmetcrochet.com/index_files/Page563.htm]here is the pattern. [/link]

dawnfire

« Reply #2912 on: September 18, 2013, 03:50:04 AM »
I told her that the cost for each would start $100 a piece and unless it was Oct 2014, there was no way I could make them in time. She hasn't responded yet.

For the curious, [Link=http://www.gourmetcrochet.com/index_files/Page563.htm]here is the pattern. [/link]

that's gorgeous!

Stormtreader

« Reply #2913 on: September 18, 2013, 04:26:15 AM »

that's gorgeous!

Wow I really really wish I could crochet now! Its lovely :)

Queen of Clubs

« Reply #2914 on: September 18, 2013, 08:19:48 AM »

1 month to make 5 of those?!  You have to let us know if she responds.

Also, do you actually know the bride or is she just a friend of the friend who shared the pic?

It is a gorgeous pattern though.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #2915 on: September 18, 2013, 09:32:13 AM »
That's a really nice pattern.  I bet a bamboo/silk blend would drape really nicely

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #2916 on: September 18, 2013, 10:03:26 AM »
Oh, wow, that is gorgeous!!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Doll Fiend

« Reply #2917 on: September 18, 2013, 11:03:26 AM »
She is the friend of a friend. She did reply. Tried to weasel the impossible out of me. Gave her the "I'm sorry, but that is just impossible." line.
The FoF messaged as well. Apologizing. Turns out Bride is a crocheter and she thought to pass on the pattern, not have me make some for her.

Queen of Clubs

« Reply #2918 on: September 18, 2013, 12:28:26 PM »
That the bride does crochet herself just makes it worse, IMO.  She ought to know how much work it is and how much that work would be worth.  Sheesh!

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #2919 on: September 18, 2013, 12:32:52 PM »
That the bride does crochet herself just makes it worse, IMO.  She ought to know how much work it is and how much that work would be worth.  Sheesh!

I think it was the FOF who asked not the bride.  I could be wrong

Carotte

« Reply #2920 on: September 18, 2013, 12:48:52 PM »

I think it was the FOF who asked not the bride.  I could be wrong

What I understood is that FoF passed the picture to Bride just as a "hey, look, I know you crochet, you might be interested in this".
Bride understood "hey, Doll Fiend made one, I'll ask her to make me 5 more at an outrageous price and deadline".
Then Bride might have complained to FoF "your friend is ruining my wedding! she doesn't want to make me 5 thingies for tomorrow!".
Then FoF apologized to Doll Fiend and told her she never intended for Bride to request anything and she's sorry for her friend behaviour.

So yeah, like Queen of clubs said, that Bride actually does crochet makes it so much worse!

Doll Fiend

« Reply #2921 on: September 18, 2013, 04:02:01 PM »
Thank you Carotte. That is basically it. FoF and Friend are connected through craft groups. I am not sure if FoF does crochet or not.

I haven't heard from Bride yet, but FoF is now a Friend. :D

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #2922 on: September 18, 2013, 11:53:23 PM »
There are many theories about who wrote the plays we attribute to Shakespeare.  As far as I know, Edgar Allen Poe has never been a candidate.

After H.G. Wells invented the time machine and accidentally allowed Jack The Ripper to escape into the future, he went back in time and asked Poe for help containing the situation. Poe agreed, but he had some demands of his own. Once Wells finally convinced him that there was no way they could remake the Earth into a hollow sphere, even with a time machine, Poe decided to settle for being William Shakespeare. It was dead easy, too, since they just had to bring the complete works back in time with them and have Poe copy them out long-hand. What with all the excitement they clean forgot about Jack The Ripper, but he made the mistake of stopping in Chicago during the Capone era and brought a knife to a gunfight, so happy endings all around.
But then who is buried up in Baltimore in Poe's grave?

Ulysses S. Grant. Which leaves us with the perennial question: Who's buried in Grant's tomb?

Grant and Mrs. Grant.

Mediancat

• Shibboleth of Shadowland
« Reply #2923 on: September 19, 2013, 08:14:34 AM »
No one -- no one's buried in a tomb. They're entombed there, but that's not quite the same thing.

Rob
"In all of mankind's history, there has never been more damage done than by someone who 'thought they were doing the right thing'." -- Lucy, Peanuts

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #2924 on: September 19, 2013, 09:30:48 AM »
In all my years, I've never heard that part of the riddle/joke!

Thanks, Rob!