Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 377606 times)

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #2100 on: November 19, 2014, 08:47:42 PM »
Huh.  Turns out that coffee smell wasn't DH sneaking an evening frappuccino so he can stay up late and study - it was Bittybartfast.  Who somehow found a K-cup and was eating raw coffee grounds.

I don't think she'll sleep well tonight.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2101 on: November 20, 2014, 07:38:11 AM »
Raw coffee grounds? That couldn't have tasted very good. :P Hopefully she didn't eat too many before she was caught.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Snooks

« Reply #2102 on: November 21, 2014, 05:41:03 PM »
I think the newer anesthetics the vets are using makes them considerably less sleepy afterward - I haven't noticed any clumsiness or lethargy in the six I've had spayed/neutered in the past year, at two different vets.

One of ours totally freaked out and I can only assume lost all depth perception because he insisted on batting everything with his paw before going near it, including his water.  The wetness obviously shocked him and he turned the water bowl upside down and the food bowls got caught up in it too for good measure.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2103 on: November 21, 2014, 07:49:27 PM »
I think the newer anesthetics the vets are using makes them considerably less sleepy afterward - I haven't noticed any clumsiness or lethargy in the six I've had spayed/neutered in the past year, at two different vets.

One of ours totally freaked out and I can only assume lost all depth perception because he insisted on batting everything with his paw before going near it, including his water.  The wetness obviously shocked him and he turned the water bowl upside down and the food bowls got caught up in it too for good measure.

That wasn't an effect of the anesthetics.  That was an outright protest!  He's saying "Did you really think I don't realize I'm missing parts?  IMPORTANT parts!!"

Margo

« Reply #2104 on: November 28, 2014, 06:53:03 AM »
he whole cats thing led to another 'things you shouldn't laugh at' moment last weekend - friends of mine were visiting (married couple, she is currently pregnant) we were all sitting around together, and she and I were talking about her pregnancy while the kittens ricochetted around the room, and the conversation moved on their ops, (starting with comparing VerySmallKitten's spay to a hypothetical c-section for friend) and would up discussing incisions and striches and how the whole neuter for SmallKitten (male) worked.

There was a little whimper and we both looked up to see (Male) friend looking a little pale and crossing his legs...

I admit we did both laugh (and then changed the subject. We're not monsters!)

Frog24

« Reply #2105 on: December 02, 2014, 07:12:50 PM »

There was a little whimper and we both looked up to see (Male) friend looking a little pale and crossing his legs...

Five years ago, if you'd mention the "snip snip" surgery, my husband and all his friends would pale, cross their legs and immediately change the subject.  Five years and two kids (each) later on, they're openly discussing the surgery in a room full of people.... in detail.

It was rather funny to find that one of our best friends had the surgery the same day as my husband, but a few hours earlier.  They joked that they should've scheduled the surgeries back to back so they could hold each others' hands.

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2106 on: December 02, 2014, 07:21:07 PM »

Five years ago, if you'd mention the "snip snip" surgery, my husband and all his friends would pale, cross their legs and immediately change the subject.  Five years and two kids (each) later on, they're openly discussing the surgery in a room full of people.... in detail.

It was rather funny to find that one of our best friends had the surgery the same day as my husband, but a few hours earlier.  They joked that they should've scheduled the surgeries back to back so they could hold each others' hands.
They could have carpooled.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2107 on: December 10, 2014, 07:41:04 PM »
Our church has those fold down padded kneelers for praying and I often will put them down so littlest pirate (3) can use it as a seat and the pew as a desk to quietly color during the service.

This past Sunday he sat down a little too hard on the kneeler and said "Ow, mommy.  Kiss it?" while standing on the kneeler and pointing to his bottom.  I was just picturing how that would look so I kissed my hand and patted his bottom.  He said "Thanks, Mom!" and went back to his coloring but I still couldn't help but giggle about it.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2108 on: December 10, 2014, 08:13:24 PM »
Nice save!
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

greencat

« Reply #2109 on: December 10, 2014, 08:22:33 PM »
Our church has those fold down padded kneelers for praying and I often will put them down so littlest pirate (3) can use it as a seat and the pew as a desk to quietly color during the service.

This past Sunday he sat down a little too hard on the kneeler and said "Ow, mommy.  Kiss it?" while standing on the kneeler and pointing to his bottom.  I was just picturing how that would look so I kissed my hand and patted his bottom.  He said "Thanks, Mom!" and went back to his coloring but I still couldn't help but giggle about it.

And now, when Littlest Pirate is much older, you can tease him about the time he asked you to kiss his butt, in church!

Snooks

« Reply #2110 on: December 11, 2014, 05:55:36 PM »
Driving home today I thought to myself "Houses really shouldn't put up blue flashing Christmas lights, it's really confusing to drivers", realised they weren't Christmas lights when the police car with it's lights on came into view.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2111 on: December 11, 2014, 06:12:24 PM »

And now, when Littlest Pirate is much older, you can tease him about the time he asked you to kiss his butt, in church!

Heehee! How true!

Margo

« Reply #2112 on: December 15, 2014, 05:05:33 AM »

I believe the human op is *considerably* less, er, extensive than the way they do it for cats... I think the wincing was entirely understandable in the circumstances!

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #2113 on: December 15, 2014, 06:45:40 AM »
When I got my late kitty fixed the tech brought him out without any sort of carrier (this was 25 or so years ago- this was common). He was quiet until he saw me then promptly sunk his claws into the tech and started yowling. Clearly he was letting the world know how evil I was for dropping him off to get fixed.