News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• January 16, 2017, 04:43:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 1314323 times)

Chipmunky

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #6915 on: December 20, 2016, 08:08:10 AM »
Strep is a bacterial infection...my dad was allergic to penicillin and all the related antibacterial men's...the rest of the family got shots if someone brought the danger stuff home from school (Mom was a teacher and her place of work was a school) - because he could not be safely treated if he got it.

Good luck getting it out of everyone's systems...

DH is allergic to penicillin. Fortunately, DD and I are not. I'm much improved, just horking up residual crud and blowing it out my nose.  DH has a Costco tub of rotisserie chicken noodle soup and about 12 boxes of tissues, plus kitties trying to give him feel better cuddles.

DD is also much improved, just some residual eye crusties, and a bit of a wet cough, but she's cutting 2 teeth and is a drool factory- everything she coughs up is clear drool mucus. I'm taking over all of DD's hands on care while DH gets better- he'll sit by her when I need to run to the bathroom, but for now he's not touching her or anything. She's getting a follow up appointment on Friday during which I expect they will put her on antibiotics for a few more days as a precaution due to all the sick in our house. She'll have another appointment for her delayed 6 month shots the Tuesday after Christmas.

On a grosser note, I've been taking a probiotic due to my dosage of antibiotics- last thing I need now is a thrush or other fungal infection. It's making for interesting dashes to the bathroom as it messes with my normal routine of bodily functions...

Reika

« Reply #6916 on: December 20, 2016, 09:43:22 PM »
I had chili for dinner last night. The pooping hasn't been too bad, no, it's the gas that's the problem.

I swear it's turned my GI tract into a manufacturer of poisonous gas. ;)

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #6917 on: December 27, 2016, 01:11:54 PM »
Strep is a bacterial infection...my dad was allergic to penicillin and all the related antibacterial men's...the rest of the family got shots if someone brought the danger stuff home from school (Mom was a teacher and her place of work was a school) - because he could not be safely treated if he got it.

Good luck getting it out of everyone's systems...

DH is allergic to penicillin. Fortunately, DD and I are not. I'm much improved, just horking up residual crud and blowing it out my nose.  DH has a Costco tub of rotisserie chicken noodle soup and about 12 boxes of tissues, plus kitties trying to give him feel better cuddles.

DD is also much improved, just some residual eye crusties, and a bit of a wet cough, but she's cutting 2 teeth and is a drool factory- everything she coughs up is clear drool mucus. I'm taking over all of DD's hands on care while DH gets better- he'll sit by her when I need to run to the bathroom, but for now he's not touching her or anything. She's getting a follow up appointment on Friday during which I expect they will put her on antibiotics for a few more days as a precaution due to all the sick in our house. She'll have another appointment for her delayed 6 month shots the Tuesday after Christmas.

On a grosser note, I've been taking a probiotic due to my dosage of antibiotics- last thing I need now is a thrush or other fungal infection. It's making for interesting dashes to the bathroom as it messes with my normal routine of bodily functions...

I'm allergic to penicillin, but have always been able to take the cousins, that is until this year. I've had an ongoing series of infections in my legs. My infectious disease Dr., asked me about the penicillin. I told her, I didn't know what my reaction was, since I haven't had it since I was really little, but, I can take the derivatives, without any issues.

The first time she puts me on amoxicillin, is right at the beginning of the summer, which coincides with an unknown allergic reaction that causes hives on my hands. I was on it for 16 of 21 days when the hives start on my hands. She asks if I have any on my stomach or back, and I don't, so she says keep taking it. On days 18, I now know it's not unknown allergy, but the amoxicillin. My arms, legs, back and stomach all have HUGE hives on them. I am burning and itching so bad I am in tears. Back in the hospital I go. IV antibiotics, steroids, antiitch and pain meds. The hives on my arms didn't dry up until we had gone to this fair and I spent time walking around in the sun, and I have scars from them. 

Due to the serious nature of the infection in my legs, I have brought the ladies who clean and wrap my legs to giggles with my very own medical terms. I have slimy stuff they take off which I call skin snot, if it's wet and sticky, it's skin glue, and the dry snotty stuff is skin boogers. I have had them debrided once, and I call that "the scraping".

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #6918 on: December 28, 2016, 04:05:27 PM »
I got bitten by a few fire ants and have 8 bites, including 5 in a cluster. I sent a picture of it to DH, and he asked if it was supposed to look like Scorpio.  :P

After eating a low carb diet for six months, I've been eating carbs. First on vacation, then over the holidays. My gut does not like it. Back to my strict diet 1/2.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Chipmunky

« Reply #6919 on: January 03, 2017, 09:08:31 AM »
Sigh....well the follow up the Tuesday after Christmas didn't happen. Because Chipmunchkin still had ear infections the Friday before Christmas. Cue the azithromycin, which did knock out the infection in one ear, but didn't kill off the other one completely, as demonstrated when we brought her in yesterday for a suspected thrush infection.

Sweetness is not symptomatic, but does have an ear infection and thrush, plus a yeast infection in the diaper region. Cue more drugs, plus a cream, and an oral suspension to deal with the fungal infections. She's not happy about all the yucky medicine, but she's taking it and otherwise acting herself.

We started supplementing her with formula at night, which has lead to some massive (very stinky!!) diaper blow outs. Two straight days, I picked her up out of her activity center to find a specific dampness creeping up her back. I've been changing out whole outfits, plus the changing pad covers and liners, using tons of Lysol and Clorox cleanup, and scrubbing outfits in the bathtub before they can go into the washing machine. Meanwhile, she's happily trying to stick her hands in it, while I'm flipping her over one arm to scrub her back and bottom while praying there isn't more about to come out all over me, the changer, and the floor.

During my parents' visit for delayed Christmas, I fed her and then Dad wanted to hold her. I warned him she'd just ate and hadn't yet burped, and he insisted he'd be fine. Well, it only took three bounces on his knee before she belched and then hit him square in the chest with breastmilk vomit. Mom, DH and I couldn't stop laughing. Chipmunchkin was very pleased with herself. Dad started listening when I told him not to bounce her too much right after eating. ;D

JolieFille

• I'm a Pixie! With Fangs! =P
« Reply #6920 on: January 03, 2017, 02:41:28 PM »
     So this past month my house was overtaken by a Mouse Siege. You see, my former neighbor had chickens and when the new neighbor cleaned the shed where the feed was kept; it uprooted some grey housemice. Mom left the door open well into the evening a few times and that was like putting up a sign welcoming wayward mice.

So my dad upon finding evidence of our unwelcome little guests; buys some mice traps and we took all the food out of the pantry, replacing it with some peanut butter laces snap traps. In a week and a half we caught 22 mice. They multiplied while in there.

Every couple of hours those stupid traps would go off and dad would have to deal with the ex mouse.

My mom who brags about her toughness saw one and screamed and it got scared and fled into my room (my room is far too cold so he didn't stay long). His cousin repeated the maneuver while squeaking a blue streak at me when I was holding the light for dad. I swear if he could've shaken a paw at me he would've.

Then the one who went to visit my dad and jumped out of his trash can at him (he met his demise that night).

Of course I get the weirder mice; one was much bigger than the others yet caught just by the snout.  :o it was quite a sight since mouse snouts are rather small.

Then of course two itty bitty guys got caught together in the same trap, the odds of such must be small.

They should all be gone, but I gotta say I've never been cursed out by a mouse. And I will never look at peanut butter the same way again.

Chipmunky

« Reply #6921 on: January 05, 2017, 07:03:36 AM »
Last night was absolutely lovely.

We followed Chipmunchkin's bedtime routine of bath, footie pjs, dim the lights, get comfy in the chair, and have a bottle while rocking. She passes out in my arms. I then have to give her the anti fungal for the thrush. She stirs, fussing at me, but I manage to squirt it into each cheek, get her on my shoulder, and give her a binky, which calms her down.

Not 30 seconds later, a RIVER of formula vomit comes up all over me, the bink, the chair, the floor. (She wakes up crying). I yell for DH, and walk to take her into the bathroom, when it happens again. Vomit volcano, everywhere on me.

DH was frantically cleaning up the carpet and furniture. I laid her on a towel, stripped off the sleeper, wiped her down to clean off the little bit of residue on her, then dressed her and popped her in her crib for 2 minutes so I could go change out of the vomit covered clothes. 

A fresh bottle down the hatch with soothing and rocking, and she went down again. I did NOT try to redo the anti fungal at that point....but she did get it when she stirred and had a bottle at 3 am. She fussed, but at least didn't volcano on me.

Following her going down for the evening and cleaning up bottles and such, I treated myself to a hot shower scrub. I still feel like I'm sticky/smelling of formula vomit, even when rational brain tells me I don't....

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #6922 on: January 10, 2017, 02:03:06 AM »
I was wondering about the dear cat thread, but given part II it is firmly in gross-out territory...

Dear Sophie,

The five second rule is meant to be applied to your own food. I have seen cats apply it to their own freshly-returned food.

Applying it to Matilda's, when she hasn't even finished heaving was disgusting. I think you even grossed her out.  Yes I did chase you out of the room and clean the warm remains up. Matilda was too busy staring at you in disbelief to even realise I was cleaning up, and assume her normal innocent look.

Regards, Mum

Dear Matilda,

I know yesterday's incident crossed a line for you, but I did not expect to get up this morning to find the littertray had a brown line across the middle. Sitting, stinking, completely uncovered, and neatly dividing the tray into two halves. I laughed it off, until I saw you had also done it in the other one.

That must have taken some effort.

Regards, Mum

Chez Miriam

« Reply #6923 on: January 10, 2017, 06:32:28 AM »
Dear Matilda,

Thank you for making me laugh! ;D

Regards,
Miriam

Dear atirial,

Sorry for laughing at your misfortune... :(

Apologies,
Miriam
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

Moonie

« Reply #6924 on: January 10, 2017, 08:00:09 AM »
Last week I went into the restroom at work.  I'm in the stall doing what I went in to do and look to my left, and lo and behold, someone had wiped a patch measuring about 6x4 inches of boogers on the wall.  Not just boogers, but bloody boogers!  Who does that?  I mean, really. This is NOT a public restroom. It's just for the employees in our department. Now all I can do is look at my coworkers and wonder who the nasty heifer is that did this. It's not like there isn't toilet paper right there. Geez!

KimberlyM

« Reply #6925 on: January 10, 2017, 10:03:13 AM »
Last week I went into the restroom at work.  I'm in the stall doing what I went in to do and look to my left, and lo and behold, someone had wiped a patch measuring about 6x4 inches of boogers on the wall.  Not just boogers, but bloody boogers!  Who does that?  I mean, really. This is NOT a public restroom. It's just for the employees in our department. Now all I can do is look at my coworkers and wonder who the nasty heifer is that did this. It's not like there isn't toilet paper right there. Geez!

In my younger days I used to clean a couple offices after hours.  There was a marketing call center that I cleaned that had a booger wall in the bathroom.  I cleaned it every week and it was back every week.  I told the manager, she was disgusted but could not get it to stop.  Eventually I refused to clean it and she decided a good solution was to set a nightly schedule for the employees to take turns cleaning the bathroom, a couple weeks of that and suddenly people found tissues.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #6926 on: January 10, 2017, 11:27:53 AM »

In my younger days I used to clean a couple offices after hours.  There was a marketing call center that I cleaned that had a booger wall in the bathroom.  I cleaned it every week and it was back every week.  I told the manager, she was disgusted but could not get it to stop.  Eventually I refused to clean it and she decided a good solution was to set a nightly schedule for the employees to take turns cleaning the bathroom, a couple weeks of that and suddenly people found tissues.

I won't ever understand this either. I had to tell our maintenance people about a booger wall in the bathroom. I stressed, you have to go into the stall and close the door. It's behind the door. Four times I was told they couldn't find it. It's very hard to not be sarcastic when people are being ridiculous.

VorFemme

• It's too darned hot! (song from Kiss Me, Kate)
« Reply #6927 on: January 10, 2017, 12:12:05 PM »

I won't ever understand this either. I had to tell our maintenance people about a booger wall in the bathroom. I stressed, you have to go into the stall and close the door. It's behind the door. Four times I was told they couldn't find it. It's very hard to not be sarcastic when people are being ridiculous.

But if they couldn't find it - then they didn't have to clean it.  Their motivation is clear to me!

I do agree that this is the sort of thing that the person who does it needs to be put in charge of cleaning it up - as if that doesn't motivate them to find tissue, then the people around them will let them know that they need to clean it every time or grab some tissue.  No alternatives - clean up after yourself immediately or don't make the mess.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?