News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• October 23, 2017, 02:35:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 1645975 times)

Chez Miriam

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #7215 on: October 06, 2017, 12:18:50 PM »
Is it bad that after watching so many cyst/blackhead/pimple extraction/removal videos, that I'm rethinking life choices and want to go back and do all the prerequisite course work for medical school, go to med school, and do my training and residency in dermatology so I can do extractions on other people all day?

There's actually a shortage of dermatologists in the US: http://dermatologytimes.modernmedicine.com/dermatology-times/news/modernmedicine/modern-medicine-news/chronic-shortage-dermatologists-leaves-so?page=full

I don't think they all spend all their time popping pimples, though; something to think about, Chipmunky? ;)
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

Chipmunky

« Reply #7216 on: October 09, 2017, 07:28:28 AM »
Is it bad that after watching so many cyst/blackhead/pimple extraction/removal videos, that I'm rethinking life choices and want to go back and do all the prerequisite course work for medical school, go to med school, and do my training and residency in dermatology so I can do extractions on other people all day?

There's actually a shortage of dermatologists in the US: http://dermatologytimes.modernmedicine.com/dermatology-times/news/modernmedicine/modern-medicine-news/chronic-shortage-dermatologists-leaves-so?page=full

I don't think they all spend all their time popping pimples, though; something to think about, Chipmunky? ;)

Yeah, I know that extractions are only part of what dermatologists do. I've a family history of terminal melanoma, so helping raise awareness and preventative checks is also a big deal to me. Plus, I have skin allergies, so I'd have an additional reason in being invested into my patients' well being, treatment, and care for their skin :D

In other gross out news, I have to review what Chipmunchkin has eaten since Thursday. She's been having some extremely nasty dirty diapers, well beyond the typical "I have to wipe up your tiny bottom" level of gross.

The smell has been pretty horrendous from the gifts she's been giving us. Of course, she's now obviously got a cold, so the extra nasty could be from the sickies from her sinuses draining to her tummy and having one way to come out....

Oh, and in the ongoing saga of "will Chipmunchkin projectile vomit on everything or not this evening," she managed to get my mother, her Nana, on Saturday night after Mr. Chipmunky and I had headed out to spend some time with friends. Estimate about 9 oz of formula all over her, my mother, the chair, and the carpet.  Luckily, Nana knew exactly what to do and I didn't have to come home or worry about things. An air bubble  in the tummy is the suspected culprit.

mmswm

« Reply #7217 on: October 10, 2017, 04:12:38 PM »
My birds are (mostly) potty trained.  There's a few acceptable places to poop and they'll hold it within reason (a minute to five minutes or so depending on the size of the bird) until they can get back there or I move them.  I'm pretty much the one that's trained, really.  Anyway, every once in a while I get distracted or a bird doesn't last as long as they should, usually because they ate more fruit than usual, which produces nice, large, juicy poops.

So, I have Oscar (goffins cockatoo) standing on my chest while I was on the computer.  He's just chilling.  It's been 10 minutes since he's  popped.  He usually goes every 20 minutes or so.  And I feel something warm.  This little 300 gram bird produced the biggest, juiciest poop he's ever produced.  This poop would easily compete with the macaw for size and grossness.  And it went right down the front of my shirt, down my cleavage, between my boobs, through my bra, and onto my belly.  Bird poop usually doesn't bother me, at least not poop coming out of birds that live inside my house.  This was just gross.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

snowfire

« Reply #7218 on: October 11, 2017, 08:43:31 PM »
ROFLMAO!!! Have you thought about bird diapers? (Yup, I've seen them.) Maybe not all the time, but when they are sitting on you...

mmswm

« Reply #7219 on: October 11, 2017, 10:26:11 PM »
ROFLMAO!!! Have you thought about bird diapers? (Yup, I've seen them.) Maybe not all the time, but when they are sitting on you...

I've seen them for little birds, but haven't really considered them for the bigger birds because they can generally go long enough and wait a minute or so to get back to a designated poop spot (most of the time) that I don't have to worry about it.  Sometimes they even take themselves back to a designated poop spot.  Alas, this was the smallest of the bigger birds. 
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

VorFemme

• It's too darned hot! (song from Kiss Me, Kate)
« Reply #7220 on: October 12, 2017, 09:50:03 AM »
Maybe a nice washable canvas shawl for YOU would help, so that the bird sitting on your shoulder gets (at least most of) the stuff on your shoulder instead of on you & your clothes?
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

mmswm

« Reply #7221 on: October 12, 2017, 11:21:14 AM »
Maybe.  But this really was a one off situation.  They're normally pretty reliable.  And even on the rare occasion when they do get me, it's not really gross and juicy.  This was just, well, eww.  I'm laughing now.  But then.  Sigh.

Chipmunky

« Reply #7222 on: Today at 08:38:54 AM »
Mr. Chipmunky had surgery on Friday to deal with hemorrhoids. Poor man is in quite a bit of pain, and was gun shy about pooping until yesterday due to the feeling of something massive waiting to come out.

Apparently it was very sticky and gross. And due to all the laxatives to combat the effect of the pain killers on his colon, everything subsequent has apparently felt like it was leaking out.

I promise I'm not laughing at him too hard as he waddles to the bathroom clenching his cheeks together.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #7223 on: Today at 10:36:41 AM »
Poor DF, he had a heck of a Fri and Sat.

Some back story...DF has been type 2 diabetic for 20 or so years, and it catching up to him now. He has lost all of the feeling in his feet, and is in stage 2 kidney failure, so he retains a lot of fluid. He also had a heart attack a couple years ago, due to some blockage, but he also has a vein (?) by his heart that is too small, (genetic issue) so he is on blood thinners and nitro, on top of all this, he had 2 back surgeries about 17 years ago to remove 2 ruptured discs in his lower back, so he is a hot mess.

On to the story...

On Friday, at work, he tripped over a tire, that he didn't know was there because of his feet, he came down hard and jarred his back, he finished his day out, but told his boss, he would not be in on Saturday. Saturday morning, I was laying on the bed reading when I heard him say something like I'm getting the toilet paper (it was in the truck) and he went out the back door. I got up to tell him there is still some in the house, but what he REALLY said was "I have a bloody nose, don't go in the bathroom." (His face was covered, so my brain just filled in words.) He couldn't get his nose to stop bleeding, so I put some ice in a bag, and put it on the back of his neck. This is where I repeated what he said. I was going #2 and my nose started bleeding, it was too warm in the bathroom and I needed to get out side. Don't go in the bathroom, it's a mess. I'm thinking, okay, whatever. We got his nose to stop bleeding, he goes and sits down, to make sure it really stopped bleeding and I went back to my reading.

He goes and cleans up his blood and flushes the toilet, (I think this is the mess he was talking about, not the blood) and then calls me out to the living room again. I'm thinking it started bleeding again. Nope, instead, I see a bloody toe. He asks me if I can clean it up for him. He says, remember, I can't feel it, as I am carefully wiping down his toe. He says, I'm on my hands and knees wiping up the blood, and when I stood up, I caught my toenail on something, and and ripped it off. I told him I'm grossed out, but not because of the blood, but by how bad it would be hurting, if he could feel it.  I cleaned it up better last night, but it still looks really bad. I'm making him go to the dr. tomorrow, so he can get on some antibiotics, and for them to clean it up some more.