Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 341246 times)

snowfire

Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #2070 on: October 04, 2014, 02:20:46 AM »
The cat with no sense of humor.  ;D 

I've been having some serious gas tonight from something that didn't agree with me.  One of my cats was sitting on the floor next to me just as I started tooting the intestinal tuba.  She jumped about a foot straight up and looked sooooo offended!
It didn't help when I started laughing.  Then just as she settled back down, I did it again, up went the cat, out came the laughing...This repeated several more times. 

I think I had better check my shoes in the morning just in case she decides to be vengeful over being laughed at.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #2071 on: October 04, 2014, 11:16:26 AM »
Someone on Facebook just posted a picture of their new male cat "Scout" and when asked where the name came from replied "To Kill A Mockingbird", I decided against pointing out that Scout from To Kill A Mockingbird is a girl...

I had a female dog named Pavlov :-)

Just to complicate things...

I have a female dog named Banshee, which is appropriate...except she's named after the X-Men character who is male.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #2072 on: October 04, 2014, 11:56:01 AM »
Someone on Facebook just posted a picture of their new male cat "Scout" and when asked where the name came from replied "To Kill A Mockingbird", I decided against pointing out that Scout from To Kill A Mockingbird is a girl...

I have a female dog named Banshee, which is appropriate...except she's named after the X-Men character who is male.

...who, in turn, is named after a spirit which is typically portrayed as female.

(That would be an awesome name for an Irish setter, terrier, or wolfhound.)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2073 on: October 04, 2014, 11:57:39 AM »

...who, in turn, is named after a spirit which is typically portrayed as female.

(That would be an awesome name for an Irish setter, terrier, or wolfhound.)

That's what I meant to convey by the "which is appropriate"; shouldn't have assumed I would be understood :)
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

GreenHall

« Reply #2074 on: October 06, 2014, 04:37:47 PM »
In the "Why would I Want to do that?" folder, the headliner thread that appears, almost like a byline, is 'Sober for October'.

I did read the start of the thread, which makes it even more twisted to my mind everytime I skim/read:

"Why would I want to do that? Sober for October"

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2075 on: October 14, 2014, 09:42:35 PM »
Totally laugh...Totally, totally laugh.

I live  in Florida. We have some big bugs here. I didn't have my glasses on and I'm practically blind without them.  I see my cat  playing with something largish and brownish on the kitchen floor. I totally freak out thinking she has one of those big bacon-fed knave palmetto bugs. Jump up and down  run screaming through the house freak out.

My cat stops playing with the "thing" and gives me a look like I'm an idiot. Even without my glasses I could tell I was getting the look, it was all in the body language. Finally find my glasses and brave the kitchen to remove or smush the thing.

The thing turned out to be an almond.  :P
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2076 on: October 14, 2014, 10:39:03 PM »

I live  in Florida. We have some big bugs here. I didn't have my glasses on and I'm practically blind without them.  I see my cat  playing with something largish and brownish on the kitchen floor. I totally freak out thinking she has one of those big bacon-fed knave palmetto bugs. Jump up and down  run screaming through the house freak out.

My cat stops playing with the "thing" and gives me a look like I'm an idiot. Even without my glasses I could tell I was getting the look, it was all in the body language. Finally find my glasses and brave the kitchen to remove or smush the thing.

Not a terrifying almond!  Oh no!

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #2077 on: October 15, 2014, 06:24:01 PM »

The cat's look clearly said "Are you nuts?"

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2078 on: October 15, 2014, 09:35:38 PM »

Worst pun ever, intentional or not   ::) ;D

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #2079 on: October 16, 2014, 02:25:55 PM »

Worst pun ever, intentional or not   ::) ;D

Profoundly intentional. >:D
I'm evil that way.  ;D ;D