News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• June 29, 2017, 01:05:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Signs that crack you up  (Read 428156 times)

gramma dishes

Re: Signs that crack you up
« Reply #1485 on: June 18, 2017, 11:51:37 AM »
Not a sign as such, but I saw something that made me grin written on the back of a steeplejack's van; apart from repairing steeples and other high up things, they are also 'lightning conductors'... I wondered whether they had to be replaced after each storm; 'get another one Fred; this one's melted!'

I had visions of them standing on a roof somewhere with a baton in hand orchestrating the lightning strikes and sounds.

Chez Miriam

Re: Signs that crack you up
« Reply #1486 on: June 21, 2017, 09:52:30 AM »
Not a sign as such, but I saw something that made me grin written on the back of a steeplejack's van; apart from repairing steeples and other high up things, they are also 'lightning conductors'... I wondered whether they had to be replaced after each storm; 'get another one Fred; this one's melted!'

I had visions of them standing on a roof somewhere with a baton in hand orchestrating the lightning strikes and sounds.

I could work for them!  I'm the only person I know who has been struck by lightning three times; I'm so grateful for cordless phones these days, as I seem to make the mistake of of being rained off outside work and thinking "ooh, I'll just phone so-and-so" and then being the bit that connects the lightning from the telegraph pole to the ground. ::)

I daren't go outside in a storm, as I know what it's like being hit indoors in a very minor way. :-[
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich