Well, my mom did this one about 20 years ago, it was so bad, she still tells the story.
We make suckers, well, she's passed the torch, and I do... anyway. Her first batch ever was Cinnamon. I bet this smells great, she said to herself. She added in the flavor, and took a DEEP wiff of the cloud over the pan. BAD IDEA. She just about dropped it, she ended up throwing it into the sink because she hurt herself so bad. It's not just cinnamon that does it, but it was extra bad being a hot flavor. Burned her nose, into her throat, and I would imagine her lungs to. It wasn't a heat burn, but rather a fume burn if that makes sense.