Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 507438 times)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #225 on: April 01, 2009, 01:19:52 PM »
Blood is so not my favorite salad dressing.......and cutting into your finger with a knife that was just been slicing onions is also going to make you wish you'd done that differently, too.

Lemons sting just as badly if not worse.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

MrsJWine

• Super Hero!
  • I have an excessive fondness for parentheses.
    • Wallydraigle
« Reply #226 on: April 01, 2009, 02:40:51 PM »
Blood is so not my favorite salad dressing.......and cutting into your finger with a knife that was just been slicing onions is also going to make you wish you'd done that differently, too.

Lemons sting just as badly if not worse.

Peppers.  Oh my.  That episode still haunts my dreams.

I have a blog.  I hate that word.

Utah

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #227 on: April 02, 2009, 11:54:04 AM »
Not related to food at all...

When using a hedge trimmer to trim bushes down near knee level, do not let your mind wander!  It can lead to things like stepping forward before you've moved the hedge trimmer, and that leads to visits to the UR.  Not that I've ever done this or anything...   ::)   No, I don't have scars on my knee...what makes you say that?   :P

Also, if someone tells you that lots of people are allergic to a certain type of plant, don't respond with "I'm not allergic to anything!" and proceed to pick up two armfuls of said plant trimmings.  It's not an especially pleasant way to find out that yes, you are allergic to something.  (the plants are poison sumac...should have guessed from the name, right?  and dogwood)

caslyn

« Reply #228 on: April 02, 2009, 12:22:21 PM »
This occurred to me rather suddenly yesterday.  And by "suddenly" I mean "painfully".

When using a mandolin to slice onions, don't forgo the food holder just because it's easier to slice without it.  Your thumb won't be very forgiving.

I'd like to add in that this should be extended to courgettes, cucumbers, carrots (why yes, I can be slow on learning things sometimes) . . .

And when your shirtless husband sees the blood and starts to go out the door to the corner shop to get plasters, it's maybe not the best time to start arguing with him about why you can't go to the shop if you're not wearing a shirt.

Miss Vertigo

« Reply #229 on: April 02, 2009, 12:50:29 PM »

One of my own: Don't add bubble bath to a spa bath. Turns out the water moving makes it really bubbly!

Oh yeah, also, when you discover you've run out of dishwasher tablets, don't look at the bottle of washing up liquid, think 'That cleans dishes, that'll do', squirt a bit in the compartment where the tablet should have gone, then go away and leave your dishwasher running. Really, don't. My entire kitchen looked as if it was foaming at the mouth.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 12:54:40 PM by Miss Vertigo »

MrsO

• Super Hero!
« Reply #230 on: April 02, 2009, 12:59:29 PM »

One of my own: Don't add bubble bath to a spa bath. Turns out the water moving makes it really bubbly!

Oh yeah, also, when you discover you've run out of dishwasher tablets, don't look at the bottle of washing up liquid, think 'That cleans dishes, that'll do', squirt a bit in the compartment where the tablet should have gone, then go away and leave your dishwasher running. Really, don't. My entire kitchen looked as if it was foaming at the mouth.
Ha! I've done this.
On a related note, don't wash your dishes with washing powder (for clothes), because 'they're both soap'. Your dishes will smell, and taste, like a Summer Meadow.

Schmoopie3928

• I eat Paste
« Reply #231 on: April 02, 2009, 01:17:40 PM »

Yeah and when the bubbles are mounded up 2 feet over the edge like a fun mountain, don't go ahead and sit down. It looks like fun, but breathing in a face full bubbles is no fun. Especially when your hands are covered in bubbles as well!

Miss Vertigo

« Reply #232 on: April 02, 2009, 01:29:55 PM »

Ha! I've done this.
On a related note, don't wash your dishes with washing powder (for clothes), because 'they're both soap'. Your dishes will smell, and taste, like a Summer Meadow.

tea-->screen  ;D ;D ;D

You know, cleaning products should be interchangeable, just for people like us. I think they missed a trick there. *nods earnestly*

Pinky830

« Reply #233 on: April 02, 2009, 02:14:49 PM »

Yeah and when the bubbles are mounded up 2 feet over the edge like a fun mountain, don't go ahead and sit down. It looks like fun, but breathing in a face full bubbles is no fun. Especially when your hands are covered in bubbles as well!

DH went through a phase of letting the kids take bubble baths in our jet tub anytime I wasn't home and he was putting the kids to bed. It was SO annoying to find that mess in our bathroom a couple of times a week.

The Opinionator

• You keep using that word.
« Reply #234 on: April 02, 2009, 02:35:45 PM »
Don't forget to remove hands completely before shutting car doors(or any doors for that matter). It will hurt, swell and bruise.

Anyone want to guess who has a completely unusable thumb today? *headdesk*
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

thebeckster

« Reply #235 on: April 02, 2009, 05:04:37 PM »
Don't leave that vanilla and cinnamon sugar hand scrub with a sppon in it sitting in the kitchen while the girls do a "spa day" in the dining room, or DO tell your BIL it isn't something edible.

On a lighter note, he had very clean teeth and a cheap drunk. (He got very goofy)

CG

« Reply #236 on: April 02, 2009, 06:25:57 PM »

Ha! I've done this.

tea-->screen  ;D ;D ;D

You know, cleaning products should be interchangeable, just for people like us. I think they missed a trick there. *nods earnestly*

They do make ones that are mostly interchangable. Washing soda, borax, vinegar...

If they made commercial ones that were interchangable, they wouldn't be able to sell people 25 different kinds of cleaners for their homes...

MightyMouse

• Here I come to save the day!
« Reply #237 on: April 03, 2009, 03:23:31 AM »
Never accidentally cut off a wheelchair.  Your foot will be run over and it leaves a very large bruise.

Joeschmo

« Reply #238 on: April 03, 2009, 03:46:23 AM »
Don't forget to remove hands completely before shutting car doors(or any doors for that matter). It will hurt, swell and bruise.

I haven't read the whole thread but assume that it is just me who has done this...more than once.  Don't forget to get your head completely in the car before you shut the door.  Try explaining the large bruise across your neck by telling people you slammed your own head in your own car door.

Miss Vertigo

« Reply #239 on: April 03, 2009, 03:56:56 AM »

I haven't read the whole thread but assume that it is just me who has done this...more than once.  Don't forget to get your head completely in the car before you shut the door.  Try explaining the large bruise across your neck by telling people you slammed your own head in your own car door.

I slammed my own nose in the car door once.

To this day I have no idea how. I think I'd been leaning down to get something off the passenger seat, came back up and shut the door too soon.

It really hurts.