Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 520334 times)

faithlessone

Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #2370 on: August 02, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »
I think some people want to be caught. It's the only explanation I can think of.

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #2371 on: August 02, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »
Yesterday's Lesson From Work

When someone hands you a stack of documents and says "Send these out to Mr. Smith with TheAgency", and in those documents is an address with Mr. Smith's name on it...

...one should not assume that the address is, in fact,  the address of TheAgency.  ::)
Because it won't be.
And you will waste a goodly amount of time, and nearly waste a bunch of valuable resources...

...sending the package to the wrong location.  :P

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2372 on: August 02, 2012, 07:33:24 PM »
Yesterday's Lesson From Work

When someone hands you a stack of documents and says "Send these out to Mr. Smith with TheAgency", and in those documents is an address with Mr. Smith's name on it...

...one should not assume that the address is, in fact,  the address of TheAgency.  ::)
Because it won't be.
And you will waste a goodly amount of time, and nearly waste a bunch of valuable resources...

...sending the package to the wrong location.  :P
Similarly, one should apparently not trust that the item that was pulled for an in-store pick-up order is the right one without verifying.

I am very displeased with my co-workers right now.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

snowfire

« Reply #2373 on: August 05, 2012, 07:34:44 PM »
When you have a cat with her arms wrapped around your neck......don't sneeze.  Smudge left an impressive set of matched toenail marks on my arm & chest when she hit the afterburners.  :o :o

dawbs

« Reply #2374 on: August 06, 2012, 09:11:19 AM »
When you have a cat with her arms wrapped around your neck......don't sneeze.  Smudge left an impressive set of matched toenail marks on my arm & chest when she hit the afterburners.  :o :o

You should also not turn on the vacuum to 'herd' one at out of the room while holding the other cat.

My husband actually has a scar  :-[

EmmaJ.

« Reply #2375 on: August 06, 2012, 09:22:33 AM »

Oh that's funny!  I mean, not that you were scratched but "hit the afterburners" is a PERFECT description!   ;D

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2376 on: August 06, 2012, 09:23:33 AM »

You should also not turn on the vacuum to 'herd' one at out of the room while holding the other cat.

My husband actually has a scar  :-[
Or when the Siberian husky has the new cat between her paws and in her mouth, do not attempt to rescue it unless wearing leather vambraces.  New Cat will not know 1) that the dog is only playing and would never hurt him, and 2) that you are attempting to rescue him from a slobbering.  You will wear the scars on your arms long after New Cat has crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  (Not me, but DD#2.  Cat and dog came to an amicable truce; DD had Cat for 12 years before his crossing.  Dog was so reliable around cats that she helped raise 4 litters of Siamese kittens.)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 11:05:51 PM by Elfmama »
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #2377 on: August 06, 2012, 08:35:36 PM »
Also, don't try to fish a testy cat out of her carrier and then put anti-flea stuff on her.  I swear, it was as though she had suddenly mutated into a cat with eight legs and 550,000 claws, all going in different directions.  It worked fine with the other two, but we have yet to catch Daisy unawares. 

snowfire

« Reply #2378 on: August 07, 2012, 09:41:27 PM »
Cats can read minds!!!  ;D ;D ;D

I miss my psycho kitty Deanna. 

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2379 on: August 07, 2012, 10:14:30 PM »
Also, don't try to fish a testy cat out of her carrier and then put anti-flea stuff on her.  I swear, it was as though she had suddenly mutated into a cat with eight legs and 550,000 claws, all going in different directions.  It worked fine with the other two, but we have yet to catch Daisy unawares.

She can probably smell it or taste it.  I know I can taste it just from smelling it after cracking it open.  I have a really great sense of smell for a human, but cats and dogs are even more sensitive.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

oz diva

• The Classics are SO last Century
« Reply #2380 on: August 09, 2012, 06:07:28 AM »
DH had a case where a body was found in an apartment downstairs from where the person had lived. Next to him were stacks of printouts from the internet on "How to Dispose of a Body."
There's a case going right now where a wife disappeared and the husband reported her disappearance. Turns out he searched "self incrimination" on his Google home account and took out a large insurance policy on her death 3 months ago. Stupid, stupid, stupid. It's the kids I feel sorry for.

Victoria

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2381 on: August 11, 2012, 12:00:36 AM »
A friend asked me once about why I cut my hair off.  It used too be really long, but I haven't let it get past maybe mid-back for several years.

I had many reasons, but the one that got the most laughter was me saying "It's really nice not having to worry about it getting in the toilet".  Because I promise you, when you have nearly thigh legnth hair, it can be a problem.  No matter how carefully I pulled it forward, tied it up, braided it or whatever else I could do, at least once every few weeks, I'd miss a chunk or it would swing around when I stood up.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #2382 on: August 11, 2012, 02:35:30 AM »
A friend asked me once about why I cut my hair off.  It used too be really long, but I haven't let it get past maybe mid-back for several years.

I had many reasons, but the one that got the most laughter was me saying "It's really nice not having to worry about it getting in the toilet".  Because I promise you, when you have nearly thigh legnth hair, it can be a problem.  No matter how carefully I pulled it forward, tied it up, braided it or whatever else I could do, at least once every few weeks, I'd miss a chunk or it would swing around when I stood up.

Until I was a senior in high school, my hair was never really ever longer than the top of my shoulder blades.  Even when it was, I was too short for it to ever get rolled up in a car window.  My best friend at the time did it once and I laughed myself silly at her.  Until later that year when I did the exact same thing.  The wind was blowing as I tried to roll up the window and I got my hair caught.  Admittedly not even being close to the toilet problem, but it did hurt.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

kitty-cat

« Reply #2383 on: August 11, 2012, 08:15:10 AM »

Up till last christmas, my hair was down to my butt. It kept getting caught in my backpack straps, I did roll the car window up on it, I kept sitting on it in the car, and it took a bunch of shampoo to keep it clean.

I chopped it off to just above my shoulders, and it's already a little bit past the shoulders now. But it's still long enough to tie back and do braid pigtails, so I don't mind.

Until I was a senior in high school, my hair was never really ever longer than the top of my shoulder blades.  Even when it was, I was too short for it to ever get rolled up in a car window.  My best friend at the time did it once and I laughed myself silly at her.  Until later that year when I did the exact same thing.  The wind was blowing as I tried to roll up the window and I got my hair caught.  Admittedly not even being close to the toilet problem, but it did hurt.

NE Florida

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2384 on: August 11, 2012, 08:17:47 AM »

I can't tell you how often I slammed it in a car door...and not notice until I started walking.   ;)