A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

Uh.. ya, don't do that....

<< < (512/648) > >>

Slartibartfast:

--- Quote from: vorbau on November 09, 2012, 03:53:26 PM ---I swear I am not making this up; my imagination is not that good. I am beginning to believe my purpose upon this Earth is to grossly entertain my friends:

A disarticulated, partially decomposed human finger (left first finger, proximal and distal phalanxes only) that had reached that stage of decay descriptively called "wet."

And yes, I am enough of a professional that I remembered to photograph it in situ before examining it (might be able to get a useful print, with some heat, some formaldehyde and some Crazy Glue), placing it in the appropriate container and entering it into evidence. Although I admit it remained in my barrack-room ice chest overnight, as I was just too beat to climb back into acceptable clothing and go to the offices. And yes, I did call a colleague to come witness everything as soon as I found the "evidence." The poor man is scarred for life and contemplating a change of career, to something soothing like Alaska deep-sea fishing or feral pig wrestling.

--- End quote ---
. . . meaning there's a cleavage shot of you as evidence somewhere?  Dang, you sure have an interesting job!

vorbau:

--- Quote from: Slartibartfast on November 09, 2012, 04:03:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: vorbau on November 09, 2012, 03:53:26 PM ---I swear I am not making this up; my imagination is not that good. I am beginning to believe my purpose upon this Earth is to grossly entertain my friends:

A disarticulated, partially decomposed human finger (left first finger, proximal and distal phalanxes only) that had reached that stage of decay descriptively called "wet."

And yes, I am enough of a professional that I remembered to photograph it in situ before examining it (might be able to get a useful print, with some heat, some formaldehyde and some Crazy Glue), placing it in the appropriate container and entering it into evidence. Although I admit it remained in my barrack-room ice chest overnight, as I was just too beat to climb back into acceptable clothing and go to the offices. And yes, I did call a colleague to come witness everything as soon as I found the "evidence." The poor man is scarred for life and contemplating a change of career, to something soothing like Alaska deep-sea fishing or feral pig wrestling.

--- End quote ---
. . . meaning there's a cleavage shot of you as evidence somewhere?  Dang, you sure have an interesting job!

--- End quote ---

Yes. For the second time. Fortunately this time my face isn't visible.

On the up side (I guess), I can now say "No, no, NO! Son of a mother of a thousand fleas! Don't pull on it, just hold the end up! Here, like this, see? Yes. Good. Beautiful. Perfect. Thank you. Mind the dirt," in five languages and have learned some impressive new invective. And perhaps a b@@bie shot will help persuade an all-male jury that women in law and order isn't necessarily a bad thing.

White Dragon:
Huh.
This usually isn't what I picture when I think of the phrase "Giving someone the finger."

(Vorbau's back, Vourbau's back. Safe and sound and squicky. Whee!)

bopper:
My daughter (10ish at the time?) was making mash potatoes from the Hungry Jack potato flake box.

1/4t salt != 1/4C salt.

Blech!

Lady Snowdon:
DH and I decided to paint our living room yesterday.  The high yesterday was 29 degrees Farenheit, and the only "painting clothes" that he and I have are pants and t-shirts.  That's fine, right?  We're inside, windows aren't open yet, and the thermostat is set at 70.  It'll be fine. 

Except.

When we took the faceplate off our thermostat, it apparently shut the thermostat, and by extension the heating system, down.  At about 2:30 pm, DH and I are taking a "watch the paint dry" break and discuss how cold it's getting in our house.  It's really chilly, actually!  I wonder why that could be?

When we put the faceplate back on, and the temperature was reported, our house's temperature had fallen to 58 degrees, from the 70 it's supposed to be set at.  I did wonder to myself how long DH would've left the faceplate off had I not asked him to put it back on "just to make sure that's not the problem".  We left to go eat and let the house warm itself up!

Moral of the story: Do not take the thermostat's faceplate off unless the temperature outside is one you'd be comfortable experiencing!  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version