A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

Uh.. ya, don't do that....

<< < (514/649) > >>

mmswm:

--- Quote from: lilfox on November 26, 2012, 02:45:40 PM ---A Thanksgiving one for DH:

When your wife has been prepping and cooking a big Thanksgiving dinner for most of the day, do not make your very first dinner-related compliment a rave about the Pillsbury crescent rolls.   ::)   :)

I mean, I love them too.  In fact, they are my family tradition that I introduced him to, but they are the only thing that took less than an hour to prepare and literally the only thing not made entirely from scratch!

--- End quote ---

This year my boys and I had Thanksgiving dinner with the friend who has been housing us for the last two months.  My friend makes wonderful crescent rolls from scratch.  Sometime after we finished dinner, my 13 year old informed me that while the rolls were good, they just weren't the same as the "ones from the can".  At least he had the grace to say that to me in private, instead of to my friend.  I would have died of embarrassment.

Mental Magpie:

--- Quote from: Elisabunny on November 26, 2012, 12:47:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: blue2000 on November 26, 2012, 08:36:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: Mental Magpie on November 25, 2012, 07:04:25 PM ---This also kind of made my brain hurt.

My cousin posted today two lessons learned.  The second one irrelevant, but the first one? Yeah, the first one was: Don't give a live chicken pox vaccine to a kid with an already compromised immune system. Well, I thought that was kind of obvious.

--- End quote ---

How did he learn that?? Hopefully not the hard way!

--- End quote ---

Oh, no.  How bad was it?

--- End quote ---

Yes, she learned it the hard way, though luckily it was just a mild case.  I want to know what doctor thought that would be a good idea...

Reader:
In an effort to stay warm while touching up my roots I opted not to change into my hair dying shirt which has short sleeves.  Of course I ended up getting dark auburn colored dye on one of my work shirts last night.  :-[ I was thinking I wouldn't considering I've consistently touched up my roots without so much of a drip for the past months.  Even though I found the shirt on sale at my local Salvation Army for 69 cents, it was a exact replacement for the one I have had for 10 years before I wore it out completely that I was very sad to demote it to the cat box.

(My cat has a fetish for freshly laundered cloths in the basket.  So I decided I would maker her very own basket.  When I couldn't find a basket big enough I used a box instead.  With that and one other small step no more cat hair on my fresh laundry)

RooRoo:
When you realize that the veggie platter, and especially the spinach dip, at the potluck on Saturday are neither hot nor cold, but room temperature, do not help yourself several times. Even if they are the only things you can eat. Because today, 6 days later, you will still be woozy and have a sensitive stomach.   :-\  :P  ???  ::)

wonderfullyanonymous:
When one has an extremely sensitive shellfish allergy, one should not eat something unless they are sure there is nothing of the sort in a dish at a potluck. Thankfully, my reaction is not anaphalaxis, but the headache, bloating, and nausea are horrid enough, that I should know better. Oh yeah, and day 3 of diarrhea is not fun either.

It wasn't food poisoning because I was the only one who got sick, and it wasn't a stomach virus because I didn't feel sick sick, and I was reacting the same way I react when I do eat shellfish, which I haven't done in years. Oh, and I am also becoming intolerant to fish as well. Herring does the same thing to me as shellfish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version