A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

Uh.. ya, don't do that....

<< < (519/623) > >>

Sophia:
I can imagine the flying fluff when he did that. 

I once put a very old feather pillow through the wash.  The cover was very old and fell apart in the dryer.  The dryer vents to the roof.  My boyfriend at the time told me it looked like "A chicken exploded" on the roof. 

snowfire:
  The mental picture I have of this is fabulous! (I, too, have a dryer vent in the roof.)

Dazi:
I once saw a man I worked with watering the plants in the office.  Seems pretty normal, right?

Me:  Mike, why are you watering those plants.
Mike: Because no one else does.
Me:  Hon, that's because those are fake plants.
Mike:  No, they aren't.

Other CW:  Mike, those are most definitely fake.  They've been "alive" for 10 years without anyone watering them or pruning them.

Mike gets upset and storms into the manager's office saying goodness knows what.  Next thing we hear is the manager laughing hysterically. 

Turns out he'd been watering them for over a year.   ::)

Seraphia:

--- Quote from: Dazi on January 05, 2013, 04:30:44 PM ---I once saw a man I worked with watering the plants in the office.  Seems pretty normal, right?

Me:  Mike, why are you watering those plants.
Mike: Because no one else does.
Me:  Hon, that's because those are fake plants.
Mike:  No, they aren't.

Other CW:  Mike, those are most definitely fake.  They've been "alive" for 10 years without anyone watering them or pruning them.

Mike gets upset and storms into the manager's office saying goodness knows what.  Next thing we hear is the manager laughing hysterically. 

Turns out he'd been watering them for over a year.   ::)

--- End quote ---

You've just reminded me of a story my old pastor would tell on himself.

Several years ago, the church office got a number of new plants, just as the secretary moved to another position. The secretary was usually the person who watered the plants. So, while they searched for a new secretary, our pastor decided that he would be the designated plant-waterer. Now, said pastor has a *notoriously* black thumb. His wife doesn't allow him to touch her houseplants at all. So, he was immensely proud that, when the church found a new secretary several months later, one of the plants was still green. Until the day he went to water the one remaining plant, he nudged it, and a half gallon of water spilled out of the bottom of the potted fake tree.

He had to explain to the new secretary just where all the water on the floor came from, to much laughter. We love him - he was a good sport about the whole thing, and he still has the fake tree too.

Midnight Kitty:

--- Quote from: Seraphia on January 09, 2013, 03:03:16 PM ---So, he was immensely proud that, when the church found a new secretary several months later, one of the plants was still green. Until the day he went to water the one remaining plant, he nudged it, and a half gallon of water spilled out of the bottom of the potted fake tree.
--- End quote ---
Were any of the other plants still green/alive?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version