A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

Uh.. ya, don't do that....

<< < (552/665) > >>

dawbs:

--- Quote from: Dindrane on July 04, 2013, 08:29:02 PM ---I did that once with salsa. I didn't feel like measuring, so I just started peeling cloves of garlic and tossing them in. I think I added like 20. It was painful to eat.

--- End quote ---
I was given a cookbook that had a cheddar/beer soup in it, as a wedding gift.

I don't tend to buy garlic often--I like garlic but I'm much more likely to scoop out the amount in the pre-minced jarred garlic or to use garlic salt than to actually buy a clove of garlic.

Cheddar-beer soup called for 1 clove of garlic.  If you're a newbie cook and your new husband is helping you, 1 clove=/= 1 head.
It was inedible.  *shudder*
sadly enough, I've never felt inclined to try the recipe again  ;D

greencat:
Just because you normally use your restaurant-style stainless steel pan on the top of the stove and the handle is safe to touch when you use it that way does not mean that you can grasp it bare-handed immediately after you pull it out of the oven which was on high broil.  A tremendous amount of OW OW OW OW and a succession of ice packs later and my hand has bands of shiny skin where I managed to wrap it completely around the handle before the intense heat made it to my brain and the "LET GO NOW" signal made it back to my hand.

Mental Magpie:

--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on July 05, 2013, 07:37:11 PM ---We had to switch to the Sabra roasted red peppers hummus, because we like to use it instead of mayonnaise or mustard on sandwiches.

--- End quote ---

I use red peppers to scoop out that hummus (like a dip) to eat it.  It's my quiet little joke and makes me smile.

ladyknight1:
I usually toast whole grain pita, then cut it with a pizza wheel into wedges. I also serve it with fresh bell pepper strips.

Thipu1:

--- Quote from: dawbs on July 05, 2013, 09:56:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: Dindrane on July 04, 2013, 08:29:02 PM ---I did that once with salsa. I didn't feel like measuring, so I just started peeling cloves of garlic and tossing them in. I think I added like 20. It was painful to eat.

--- End quote ---
I was given a cookbook that had a cheddar/beer soup in it, as a wedding gift.

I don't tend to buy garlic often--I like garlic but I'm much more likely to scoop out the amount in the pre-minced jarred garlic or to use garlic salt than to actually buy a clove of garlic.

Cheddar-beer soup called for 1 clove of garlic.  If you're a newbie cook and your new husband is helping you, 1 clove=/= 1 head.

It was inedible.  *shudder*
sadly enough, I've never felt inclined to try the recipe again  ;D

--- End quote ---

I had a friend who tried that once.  When she was a Bride, she  was making meatballs for her DH and made the 1 head=1 clove of garlic mistake.  She also thought that dried herbs were less flavorful than fresh and added almost half a jar of oregano. 

So far as I know, the marriage has survived. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version