A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

Uh.. ya, don't do that....

<< < (560/641) > >>

Mel the Redcap:

--- Quote from: lilfox on August 23, 2013, 06:02:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on August 23, 2013, 12:26:24 PM ---Likewise, don't eat watermelon in an excessive manner. Just no.

Same with spinach and blueberries. You will have lots of alone time if you do.

--- End quote ---

Oh, the watermelon.  My DD ate nearly an entire (small) watermelon by herself over the course of a day (various relatives fed her and she asked for 2+ servings each meal!).  Who'd have thought something that is little more than water could have that unfortunate an effect??

--- End quote ---

One serve/slice of watermelon has a LOT of mannitol, Oligos-fructans, and excess fructose in it. A lot a lot. Mannitol is a sugar polyol that tastes sweet but isn't absorbed by the gut and provides food for the bacteria in your large intestine to turn into gas; fructose needs to be eaten with glucose or it won't be absorbed either, so excess fructose does the same thing; and oligo-saccharides are regarded by many people as good for you because they feed the 'good' bacteria in your gut but that can turn out to be too much of a good thing. :P

(I know this because I need to avoid all these things or else wow, unfortunate effects all right. ;D)

Dazi:

--- Quote from: Mel the Redcap on August 23, 2013, 07:09:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: lilfox on August 23, 2013, 06:02:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on August 23, 2013, 12:26:24 PM ---Likewise, don't eat watermelon in an excessive manner. Just no.

Same with spinach and blueberries. You will have lots of alone time if you do.

--- End quote ---

Oh, the watermelon.  My DD ate nearly an entire (small) watermelon by herself over the course of a day (various relatives fed her and she asked for 2+ servings each meal!).  Who'd have thought something that is little more than water could have that unfortunate an effect??

--- End quote ---

One serve/slice of watermelon has a LOT of mannitol, Oligos-fructans, and excess fructose in it. A lot a lot. Mannitol is a sugar polyol that tastes sweet but isn't absorbed by the gut and provides food for the bacteria in your large intestine to turn into gas; fructose needs to be eaten with glucose or it won't be absorbed either, so excess fructose does the same thing; and oligo-saccharides are regarded by many people as good for you because they feed the 'good' bacteria in your gut but that can turn out to be too much of a good thing. :P

(I know this because I need to avoid all these things or else wow, unfortunate effects all right. ;D)

--- End quote ---

I know many, many people who refer to watermelon as "nature's tastiest laxative"

Carotte:
Since there's no "Told you so" thread I thought it will fit nicely here, because I had to really bite my tongue yesterday not to blurt it out to my SO, who waited until now, 4 days before his trip to the other end of the world, to book an hostel room. And was complaining that there wasn't much left, and only in pricier hostels  ::).

I vowed to never actually do the "told you so/could have told you/now that wasn't very smart, was it?" since it never, ever helps and I would hate for someone to do it for me but gosh, what was he thinking!
Valuable lesson learned, never leave him this responsibility for our vacations, and that I'm still able to speak 'other end of the world' (Brazil, I used to live there) to sort out his hostel reservation.

And since I'm already telling on him, he only has less than a fifth of his holiday planned (doesn't know what, when or how) ><.
I could never travel like that, what if every airlines are booked for the next 3 weeks  or when you get there all the hostels are full or closed or what if Godzilla?

Outdoor Girl:

--- Quote from: Carotte on September 03, 2013, 05:44:49 AM ---I vowed to never actually do the "told you so/could have told you/now that wasn't very smart, was it?" since it never, ever helps and I would hate for someone to do it for me but gosh, what was he thinking!

--- End quote ---

And when you do find those words coming out of your mouth, your next thought is, 'Oh my diety, I'm my MOTHER.'

;D

Midnight Kitty:

--- Quote from: Outdoor Girl on September 03, 2013, 09:18:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: Carotte on September 03, 2013, 05:44:49 AM ---I vowed to never actually do the "told you so/could have told you/now that wasn't very smart, was it?" since it never, ever helps and I would hate for someone to do it for me but gosh, what was he thinking!

--- End quote ---

And when you do find those words coming out of your mouth, your next thought is, 'Oh my diety, I'm my MOTHER.'

;D

--- End quote ---
I believe I heard this song back in the 80s.  The chorus goes something like:
HELP! I'm turning into my mom; I'm turning into my dad!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version