A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

Uh.. ya, don't do that....

<< < (569/660) > >>

Cherry91:
If you're straightening your hair with your straighteners, which only have one setting - EXTREMELY HOT, and you knock them off your side table, let them fall.

If you try to catch them, the softest part of your fingers will make contact with the very, very, VERY hot plate, and worse, it'll be your dominant hand because that's the one you automatically catch with. And then your straighteners will hit the floor anyway because you'll then throw them away from you as your hand registers that they're HOT!

cwm:
If you get your thumb closed between two car doors, by all means go back to the house and don't play tag with the rest of the birthday guests. Take the ice and painkillers offered by the GOH's mother. Call your parents to let them know what happened, and take their advice over the phone. Ignore what the people who are in front of you and can see the damage are saying.

The next day, when your parents finally see your thumb, which has a rather large dent just below the cuticle and is swollen somewhat epically, continue to listen to them when they say it's not worth going to see a doctor. Even when the nail falls off.

To this day, I don't know if I actually broke the thumb or not, I never saw anyone. Dad convinced me that they'd only be able to tape it and give me painkillers, it would have only been the tip of my thumb. I think I did, though, because I can feel the weather change, and that knuckle has been able to pop funny since then. Oh well.

Oh, and another one!

When using a very sharp paring knife to try to pry open plastic covers over Christmas style lights and it slips and goes into your finger, please run to the bathroom to get it washed out and covered. When you bleed through a quartered gauze pad and bandaid in five minutes, go replace them. Don't bother calling your parents, tell your sister you're fine, and deal with it. Because it's just a small cut, half an inch wide, it can't be that bad, right?

Right, it took three weeks to heal, and by the time my parents finally caught me changing the bandaid after the first week and they could see how bad it still was, they told me I probably should have gotten stitches.

So don't be me when it comes to "minor" injuries and getting them seen by professionals.

guihong:
When you buy a handy-dandy pill crusher/little water cup/capsule destroyer all in one and you're taking it apart and caressing this new toy, don't rub your fingers over the sharp little points  ::).  That's surprisingly painful.

Nikko-chan:

--- Quote from: cwm on October 24, 2013, 09:54:42 AM ---If you get your thumb closed between two car doors, by all means go back to the house and don't play tag with the rest of the birthday guests. Take the ice and painkillers offered by the GOH's mother. Call your parents to let them know what happened, and take their advice over the phone. Ignore what the people who are in front of you and can see the damage are saying.

The next day, when your parents finally see your thumb, which has a rather large dent just below the cuticle and is swollen somewhat epically, continue to listen to them when they say it's not worth going to see a doctor. Even when the nail falls off.

To this day, I don't know if I actually broke the thumb or not, I never saw anyone. Dad convinced me that they'd only be able to tape it and give me painkillers, it would have only been the tip of my thumb. I think I did, though, because I can feel the weather change, and that knuckle has been able to pop funny since then. Oh well.

Oh, and another one!

When using a very sharp paring knife to try to pry open plastic covers over Christmas style lights and it slips and goes into your finger, please run to the bathroom to get it washed out and covered. When you bleed through a quartered gauze pad and bandaid in five minutes, go replace them. Don't bother calling your parents, tell your sister you're fine, and deal with it. Because it's just a small cut, half an inch wide, it can't be that bad, right?

Right, it took three weeks to heal, and by the time my parents finally caught me changing the bandaid after the first week and they could see how bad it still was, they told me I probably should have gotten stitches.

So don't be me when it comes to "minor" injuries and getting them seen by professionals.

--- End quote ---

I swear you and one of my ex boyfriends are related. he often told us of stories where he should have went to the hospital but didn't. Finally I said one day to him "Honey, if you get an injury that feels like a papercut, go to the hospital."

Liliane:
If you are having a very small breakout of acne due to changing weather, there are several things you can do for it.

You can wash your face more diligently, you can slather yourself with store-brand acne remedies, or if you're me, you can take a very, very, very tiny dot of 10% benzoyl peroxide cream, rub it very thoroughly into the blemishes, and hope this makes up for your face being too currently sensitive to be washing it with a washcloth like you need to.

I do not advise then forgetting to wash your hands, having a small tickle in the corner of your eye, and proceeding to rub your eye with the fingers that are still coated in a very, very, very thin film of 10% benzoyl peroxide cream.

(It could have been far worse - at least it was only a very miniscule amount. I washed my hands, irrigated my eye with saline drops and it's fine. But still, that's very painful.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version