A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

Uh.. ya, don't do that....

<< < (611/648) > >>

asb8:
Do not buy a pretty blue shirt and decide to wear it out, because obviously this means you will be wearing it without a preliminary wash. And then you will sweat and end up with bright blue armpits.

guihong:
I took my shower, jumped out, and grabbed my bottle of body lotion.  I wondered why it was so thick and not soaking in well.  It was body wash  ::).

ladyknight1:
Making a cake, and having the nice stand mixer on any speed higher than low. Do not add dry ingredients at a higher speed unless you want to wear them and clean them up for weeks!

VorFemme:
If you are planning a big pancake breakfast (or waffles) - get fresh baking soda or baking powder - so they are FLUFFY instead of flat hockey pucks with butter & syrup. 

Triple check the list of ingredients and supplies against the pantry...'tis a far, far better thing to go shopping before breakfast than during breakfast.....

There is another one tomorrow morning and I'm supposed to be typing the recipe up for the person doing the cooking and getting a shopping list ready....but I got a whiff of Etiquette Hell....and wandered in.

Slartibartfast:

--- Quote from: VorFemme on February 14, 2014, 12:38:26 PM ---If you are planning a big pancake breakfast (or waffles) - get fresh baking soda or baking powder - so they are FLUFFY instead of flat hockey pucks with butter & syrup. 

Triple check the list of ingredients and supplies against the pantry...'tis a far, far better thing to go shopping before breakfast than during breakfast.....

There is another one tomorrow morning and I'm supposed to be typing the recipe up for the person doing the cooking and getting a shopping list ready....but I got a whiff of Etiquette Hell....and wandered in.

--- End quote ---

Our church youth group used to do pancake breakfasts every year.  One mom always volunteered to do the actual pancakes.  And every single one, she'd flip the pancake over and then squash it flat with the spatula.  Which effectively pushed all the air out, making them rubbery messes.

Finally my dad convinced her to let us teens actually try cooking, and taught us how to flip pancakes so they would be fluffy instead of rubbery.  Attendance at the pancake breakfast doubled the next year  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version