Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 482855 times)

snowfire

Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #3165 on: June 13, 2014, 10:37:41 AM »
^^^ I think that guy is a Darwin award candidate.  There are so many things wrong with this picture that I can't even begin to list them...

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #3166 on: June 13, 2014, 09:55:34 PM »
Oh I know.  As I said, he was interesting.  Sort of in a Jane Goodall, watching the wildlife, interesting.  We never knew what he was going to be up to next.

snowfire

« Reply #3167 on: June 13, 2014, 11:50:02 PM »
We never knew what he was going to be up to next.

If he keeps doing welding like that....he's going to be up to about, oh, 500 feet in no time at all.   :o ;D >:D

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #3168 on: June 15, 2014, 12:57:43 PM »
Turns out two mini loaf pans do NOT equal the volume of one regular-sized loaf pan:

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #3169 on: June 17, 2014, 04:14:48 PM »
thank you for taking the picture

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3170 on: June 17, 2014, 04:35:23 PM »
Gives new meaning to the term 'bread rack'.   ;)

missanpan

« Reply #3171 on: June 17, 2014, 05:38:41 PM »
We never knew what he was going to be up to next.

If he keeps doing welding like that....he's going to be up to about, oh, 500 feet in no time at all.   :o ;D >:D

Or 6 feet under. Yikes!

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #3172 on: June 17, 2014, 07:02:35 PM »
thank you for taking the picture

Luckily, everything except for the dripped parts turned out delicious  ;D

Softly Spoken

• "I am a hawk on a cliff..."
« Reply #3173 on: June 25, 2014, 02:16:19 PM »
*sigh* What is it with us and stoves...

So yeah...when you're turning the front burner on full to boil water for pasta...
make sure it's the right front burner with the pot of water, instead of the other burner that is covered - with what is now a horribly scorched and blistered decorative burner cover. :-[
Also, if you are not 100% positive that the correct burner is on, do not wander off to play on your laptop while waiting for your water to boil only to be alerted to the problem by the horrible smell and haze of smoke coming from the kitchen. :o

I swear I'm usually not this stupid with hot things. :'(

Yeah. Don't do that!
"... for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-William Shakespeare

"We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't."  ~Frank A. Clark

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3174 on: June 25, 2014, 02:51:28 PM »
I gave up on burner covers years ago.  On the plus side, they do make good saucers for under house plants.   :)
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

greencat

« Reply #3175 on: June 25, 2014, 07:07:49 PM »
I almost cooked an entire carton of eggs, in the carton, yesterday because I turned on the wrong burner - fortunately I realized something was wrong with the scene very quickly when the element started glowing!

JoW

« Reply #3176 on: June 25, 2014, 09:32:42 PM »
*sigh* What is it with us and stoves...

So yeah...when you're turning the front burner on full to boil water for pasta...
make sure it's the right front burner with the pot of water, instead of the other burner that is covered - with what is now a horribly scorched and blistered decorative burner cover. :-[
Also, if you are not 100% positive that the correct burner is on, do not wander off to play on your laptop while waiting for your water to boil only to be alerted to the problem by the horrible smell and haze of smoke coming from the kitchen. :o

I swear I'm usually not this stupid with hot things. :'(

Yeah. Don't do that!

High-quality burner covers, the heavy ones from a kitchen supply store, don't scorch and blister like that.  I destroyed a cheap one the same way you did.  The replacement set from Bed, Bath, and Beyond didn't get damaged when I made that mistake again. 

parrot_girl

« Reply #3177 on: July 02, 2014, 06:47:10 AM »
One from my husband:
if you're driving home from a race, and you're still wearing your tiny tiny running shorts, and you're cold and wet, putting on the seat warmer may seem like a good idea. Putting them on full bore, in leather seats, while not wearing much, will result in scorched legs and bottom (I did mention that the shorts are tiny, yes) and your loving wife will not be able to control her sniggers, even while she tries to sympathise.

One from me:
There's a playground in a big park near us that has been undergoing renovations of recent times. It reopened a couple of weeks ago, and I took Toddler Budgie to see what was there. Among other things, there are two awesome flying foxes; one with a seat that little kids can be strapped into, and another that just has a pole with a seat thingie at the bottom that can be clung to/sat on (kind of like the ones you find at the snow.) I thought it looked fun, and so I had a go.
So I was zipping along, wheee! and then realised that 1. I'm a good bit heavier than the average child, which meant that 2. what was an exciting dip for a 10 year old turned into a big bump! for me and then 3. I ended up twisted around facing backwards from the bump, still clinging on for dear life, and 4. I got scraped along the ground, meaning that 5. my pants got pulled down and 6. my undies filled up with tan bark. It was quite itchy till I got to a secluded spot and could fish it all out again (I hauled my pants and undies back up at the first opportunity, rather than treat an entire playground full of kids and mums to my nether regions).

I regret nothing. :)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3178 on: July 02, 2014, 10:53:35 AM »
One from my husband:
if you're driving home from a race, and you're still wearing your tiny tiny running shorts, and you're cold and wet, putting on the seat warmer may seem like a good idea. Putting them on full bore, in leather seats, while not wearing much, will result in scorched legs and bottom (I did mention that the shorts are tiny, yes) and your loving wife will not be able to control her sniggers, even while she tries to sympathise.
When I was a teen, back in the Dark Ages, tiny tight shorts were called "hot pants".  Your story gives a whole new meaning to the phrase!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3179 on: July 02, 2014, 04:35:33 PM »
If anyone needs an excuse to avoid cleaning house, a new kitten will do ;).  Erza (that's her name) loves with an L the microfiber duster for hardwood floors, and has to be fished out of the washing machine.  And it's "What do you mean, I hafta get out of the dishwasher?  It's warm in here; I wanna nap!" ;).