Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 492475 times)

Frog24

Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #3180 on: July 03, 2014, 05:51:16 PM »
When the baby wakes up at 5:45 am, and you go into her room to see if she wants water.  Well, she doesn't want water, she's chirping "Up! Up! Up!".  So you sleepily pick her up, settle her against your chest and sit down in the rocking chair, hoping to get her to snooze for another half hour.  She cradles her head into the crook of your neck and shoulder and does one of those baby sighs of contentment that make you forgive her for getting you up before 6 am.

And after 20 minutes of cuddling and snoozing, you notice your chest and stomach feel hot... and wet... and then you wake up enough to realize what the baby was trying to tell you.  Then you realize that it's a done deal; the baby is up, and so are you.  Because as soon as you strip off the sopping pajama and the soaked through diaper, there's no way the child will again close her eyes.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #3181 on: July 09, 2014, 08:55:09 PM »
I got chatting after church today, then spent a frantic five minutes running around trying to figure out where Bittybartfast (age 2) got off to.  And then Babybartfast (6) pointed out I had been carrying her the whole time, and that's probably why people were giving me funny looks.

D'oh!

Arila

« Reply #3182 on: July 15, 2014, 04:11:54 PM »
I got some new pants. They are sort of skinny jeans, so with a lot more stretch. The waist is a litttle loose, and I had my shirt tucked in.

Anyway, I went to put my phone in my back pocket. I identified a fabric edge, and slid the phone between the edge of the fabric, and the layer of fabric one layer closer to my body, thinking I was feeling the top of the back pocket and sliding it in there. Well, the phone slid in just fine, and dropped by gravity to the bottom of the pocket.

But then I thought, "Hey, that's a pretty deep pocket! I was walking through all this and it kept sliding further down! I realized it was a REALLY deep pocket, I'd slid my phone down the back of my pants and now it was sort of stuck half way down my thigh where the leg was more form fitting.

Without too much fuss I managed to sort of squeegee it down out the foot-hole without drawing too much attention to myself.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3183 on: July 15, 2014, 07:31:41 PM »
^ My mind was convinced your phone was in your underwear.

Don't wear quasi-baggy underwear under slim fit pants.  :-[

mmswm

« Reply #3184 on: July 15, 2014, 08:24:49 PM »
Also don't wear a leopard print bra under a bright orange t-shirt, unless you know the t-shirt is thick enough to hide the pattern.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #3185 on: July 15, 2014, 09:14:08 PM »
Also don't wear a leopard print bra under a bright orange t-shirt, unless you know the t-shirt is thick enough to hide the pattern.

Ditto for my black and hot pink striped panties under a beige and black print dress.  Luckily it wasn't noticeable in the office, only when I hit the stairs with the sun shining brightly through the windows.  ;)
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

greencat

« Reply #3186 on: July 16, 2014, 02:49:02 AM »
After a number of incidents where I discovered that my dressy shirts were made of too-thin fabrics, I now make sure I wear a patterned bra when I got to try on clothing.  It's like the designers don't have anyone check to see if their clothes are see-through...

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #3187 on: July 16, 2014, 11:09:51 AM »
Don't click on this thread when you meant to click the "Things that made you happy recently" thread. 
I was thinking bad thoughts about you weirdos. 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:26:57 AM by Sophia »

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3188 on: July 16, 2014, 08:09:37 PM »
After you take metal skewers off the grill, with tongs mind you, and put them on a plate, do not grab said skewer to remove the food on it with your bare hand 30 seconds later. It will still be hot and you will end up with lovely scortch marks across your hand and fingers. Don't ask how I know this.

Arila

« Reply #3189 on: July 18, 2014, 12:00:44 AM »
Don't...watch Breaking Bad while working remotely. It puts one into a really bad "F- you man!!!" funk that one should not be in when emailing the boss.

lilfox

« Reply #3190 on: July 25, 2014, 07:14:14 PM »
After a number of incidents where I discovered that my dressy shirts were made of too-thin fabrics, I now make sure I wear a patterned bra when I got to try on clothing.  It's like the designers don't have anyone check to see if their clothes are see-through...

When I was in high school, I had to get several dressy white shirts for band performances. Most of the shirts I tried on were basically sheer, so that a white bra was totally visible through the fabric.  My own mother tried to convince me that it was okay for me to wear it that way. And no, she didn't mean I should be wearing a camisole under the shirt and have that visible (which is a relatively acceptable style).  I very quickly taught myself about wearing a tan bra under white shirts.  I still don't know what she was thinking.

my own "don't do that":  don't assume that a "rounded teaspoon" of instant coffee is the same as the amount you can heap onto a regular spoon.  Apparently for months now I had been having at least twice as much caffeine as I thought I was, which I found out when I switched to regular brewed coffee for a week and found myself getting wicked withdrawal headaches every day that week.  Turns out I can't tell the difference when I have more caffeine, only when I have less...  Ouch.

greencat

« Reply #3191 on: July 25, 2014, 07:47:00 PM »

When I was in high school, I had to get several dressy white shirts for band performances. Most of the shirts I tried on were basically sheer, so that a white bra was totally visible through the fabric.  My own mother tried to convince me that it was okay for me to wear it that way. And no, she didn't mean I should be wearing a camisole under the shirt and have that visible (which is a relatively acceptable style).  I very quickly taught myself about wearing a tan bra under white shirts.  I still don't know what she was thinking.

my own "don't do that":  don't assume that a "rounded teaspoon" of instant coffee is the same as the amount you can heap onto a regular spoon.  Apparently for months now I had been having at least twice as much caffeine as I thought I was, which I found out when I switched to regular brewed coffee for a week and found myself getting wicked withdrawal headaches every day that week.  Turns out I can't tell the difference when I have more caffeine, only when I have less...  Ouch.

My mother had the same strange idea that white bras go under white shirts.  She never let me buy anything but black and white until I was in my late teens - I simply never wore white shirts.  I still don't wear white very often - I'm a bit of a magnet for messes.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #3192 on: July 26, 2014, 04:29:32 PM »
Don't walk around the house wearing your reading glasses...you won't see the floor or the furniture very well....

Or at least I didn't.

On the bright side, I could read the numbers on my sewing machine needles!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3193 on: July 26, 2014, 04:53:26 PM »
Don't walk around the house wearing your reading glasses...you won't see the floor or the furniture very well....

Or at least I didn't.

On the bright side, I could read the numbers on my sewing machine needles!
I don't have bifocals, so my choice is reading glasses or distance glasses.  Normally reading glasses win, since it's much more important to me to be able to read or do other close work than it is to see my feet clearly. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

mmswm

« Reply #3194 on: July 26, 2014, 09:15:18 PM »
When you get a new-to-me car and wait a few months before deciding it's time to poke around the undercarriage to figure out where all the relevant parts are located in order to change the oil, don't go poking around until *after* you've given the car enough time to cool down.  If you decide to poke around anyway, don't reach your hand up around the oil pan.  The metal is rather hot, and you will burn the snot out of your hand.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)