A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

Uh.. ya, don't do that....

<< < (639/665) > >>

lilfox:

--- Quote from: greencat on July 16, 2014, 02:49:02 AM ---After a number of incidents where I discovered that my dressy shirts were made of too-thin fabrics, I now make sure I wear a patterned bra when I got to try on clothing.  It's like the designers don't have anyone check to see if their clothes are see-through...

--- End quote ---

When I was in high school, I had to get several dressy white shirts for band performances. Most of the shirts I tried on were basically sheer, so that a white bra was totally visible through the fabric.  My own mother tried to convince me that it was okay for me to wear it that way. And no, she didn't mean I should be wearing a camisole under the shirt and have that visible (which is a relatively acceptable style).  I very quickly taught myself about wearing a tan bra under white shirts.  I still don't know what she was thinking.

my own "don't do that":  don't assume that a "rounded teaspoon" of instant coffee is the same as the amount you can heap onto a regular spoon.  Apparently for months now I had been having at least twice as much caffeine as I thought I was, which I found out when I switched to regular brewed coffee for a week and found myself getting wicked withdrawal headaches every day that week.  Turns out I can't tell the difference when I have more caffeine, only when I have less...  Ouch.

greencat:

--- Quote from: lilfox on July 25, 2014, 07:14:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: greencat on July 16, 2014, 02:49:02 AM ---After a number of incidents where I discovered that my dressy shirts were made of too-thin fabrics, I now make sure I wear a patterned bra when I got to try on clothing.  It's like the designers don't have anyone check to see if their clothes are see-through...

--- End quote ---

When I was in high school, I had to get several dressy white shirts for band performances. Most of the shirts I tried on were basically sheer, so that a white bra was totally visible through the fabric.  My own mother tried to convince me that it was okay for me to wear it that way. And no, she didn't mean I should be wearing a camisole under the shirt and have that visible (which is a relatively acceptable style).  I very quickly taught myself about wearing a tan bra under white shirts.  I still don't know what she was thinking.

my own "don't do that":  don't assume that a "rounded teaspoon" of instant coffee is the same as the amount you can heap onto a regular spoon.  Apparently for months now I had been having at least twice as much caffeine as I thought I was, which I found out when I switched to regular brewed coffee for a week and found myself getting wicked withdrawal headaches every day that week.  Turns out I can't tell the difference when I have more caffeine, only when I have less...  Ouch.

--- End quote ---

My mother had the same strange idea that white bras go under white shirts.  She never let me buy anything but black and white until I was in my late teens - I simply never wore white shirts.  I still don't wear white very often - I'm a bit of a magnet for messes.

VorFemme:
Don't walk around the house wearing your reading glasses...you won't see the floor or the furniture very well....

Or at least I didn't.

On the bright side, I could read the numbers on my sewing machine needles!

Elfmama:

--- Quote from: VorFemme on July 26, 2014, 04:29:32 PM ---Don't walk around the house wearing your reading glasses...you won't see the floor or the furniture very well....

Or at least I didn't.

On the bright side, I could read the numbers on my sewing machine needles!

--- End quote ---
I don't have bifocals, so my choice is reading glasses or distance glasses.  Normally reading glasses win, since it's much more important to me to be able to read or do other close work than it is to see my feet clearly. 

mmswm:
When you get a new-to-me car and wait a few months before deciding it's time to poke around the undercarriage to figure out where all the relevant parts are located in order to change the oil, don't go poking around until *after* you've given the car enough time to cool down.  If you decide to poke around anyway, don't reach your hand up around the oil pan.  The metal is rather hot, and you will burn the snot out of your hand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version