Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 535817 times)

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #3210 on: August 28, 2014, 11:34:59 AM »
I tried to make popsicles from orange soda.  Take my advice:  Don't.  Not only did it make a big mess when it froze, it tasted like normal ice cubes.

Try orange juice with a little bit of vanilla ice cream at the bottom. A favorite of mine growing up.

Now...back to your thread.
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

KimberlyM

« Reply #3211 on: August 28, 2014, 12:21:03 PM »
Coworker came in this morning talking about a melon she had grown, but couldn't remember what it was called.  Silly me...I typed melons into google and clicked images.  Ya, don't do that.  :o

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3212 on: August 28, 2014, 12:25:08 PM »
Coworker came in this morning talking about a melon she had grown, but couldn't remember what it was called.  Silly me...I typed melons into google and clicked images.  Ya, don't do that.  :o

But now I have to!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #3213 on: August 28, 2014, 12:31:36 PM »

Or do it with SafeSearch on!

KimberlyM

« Reply #3214 on: August 28, 2014, 12:32:21 PM »
Pretty even combo of the fruit and the other version...not something I'd like my boss walking in to see on my screen, though not full out inappropriate. 

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3215 on: August 28, 2014, 12:43:28 PM »
When your university sends out 3 emails, text messages and announcements on every page that you (students) need to complete the activity module to prove your participation for financial aid, don't procrastinate. It took less than a minute to do!

We had a student crying and wailing, because she missed the deadline for participation and lost her financial aid.

lilfox

« Reply #3216 on: September 05, 2014, 01:04:48 AM »
Do this:
Buy a box of hair color.
Discover a patch of eczema on the back of your neck that has never happened before.
Decide Not to dye your hair because of the rash.  This is a good decision.

Don't do this:
Wash your hair and rediscover the box of hair dye by the hair dryer, and decide to go for it because your roots are too long, the rash has kind of faded, and you can protect it with Vaseline anyway.

Especially don't do this:
Skip the part about the 48 hr advance allergy testing or even waiting 24 hrs after washing your hair because dang it, you don't have many free hours and carpe diem.

At this point, you are clearly not learning your lesson so this is what will happen:
Burning scalp and several blisters on the patches of eczema you didn't know about on other parts of your scalp.  Six hours later my scalp still hurts.

NFPwife

« Reply #3217 on: September 05, 2014, 01:15:46 AM »
OUCH! Will some Benadryl help?

Mine is don't taste test three ghost pepper sauces and one ghost pepper salsa on an empty stomach. I thought I was going to need an ambulance.

snowfire

« Reply #3218 on: September 06, 2014, 12:39:43 AM »
Intestinal melt-down, NFPwife???  :o  I hope you were able to eat enough to cushion them.  An ex-room mate of mine had heard that if you eat a lot of hot peppers it would ward off an oncoming cold.  She scarfed down a bunch of jalapeno poppers.  I think the howls from the bathroom were heard for three counties when they started coming out.

NFPwife

« Reply #3219 on: September 06, 2014, 01:26:54 AM »
I tasted the sauces and salsa, left the store and my stomach started to hurt. Bad; 10 on a 1-10 scale. Thankfully, I was with a friend. I sat down on a bench and broke out in a cold sweat. Everywhere, I touched my shin, pulling my leg in to help with the pain and it was soaked. Friend and I still had to get a shuttle, get back to our hotel in time for our scheduled taxi, and get to the airport. We were 3/10 mile from the shuttle stop and I didn't think I would make it.

Friend is lovely, but not fast in a crisis. I couldn't even think. At one point I was really dizzy. Friend said, I was ghost white and my lips were blue. I had her get me some water. I sucked that down. Another glass of water. I told myself "This is going to last for 10 minutes, you can hang in for 10 minutes." (I don't know why I thought 10 minutes, but that's what I decided.) I was starting to worry that I'd done permanent damage to my stomach/ small intestine and then... it lifted. We walked to the shuttle stop, made the shuttle, and I was at the airport googling "ghost pepper reactions" in an hour.

The "wisdom" on ghost pepper reactions comes from the world of competitive eating. Don't eat them on an empty stomach (that ship sailed!) and, if you have intense pain, drink full fat chocolate milk (another ship just left port!) I had a turkey and cheese wrap and some dark chocolate at the airport and then chips on the plane. That was enough fat and enough food that the peppers didn't exact any other torture. :D

I'd bought a bottle of one of the sauces and was a little afraid to eat it. But, I decided I needed to get back on the horse and I've eaten it with food with no problem.

If your friend's info is correct, I shouldn't catch a cold for years.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #3220 on: September 06, 2014, 08:43:35 AM »
Do this:
Buy a box of hair color.
Discover a patch of eczema on the back of your neck that has never happened before.
Decide Not to dye your hair because of the rash.  This is a good decision.

Don't do this:
Wash your hair and rediscover the box of hair dye by the hair dryer, and decide to go for it because your roots are too long, the rash has kind of faded, and you can protect it with Vaseline anyway.

Especially don't do this:
Skip the part about the 48 hr advance allergy testing or even waiting 24 hrs after washing your hair because dang it, you don't have many free hours and carpe diem.

At this point, you are clearly not learning your lesson so this is what will happen:
Burning scalp and several blisters on the patches of eczema you didn't know about on other parts of your scalp.  Six hours later my scalp still hurts.
Fear of this is why I have never dyed my hair. Could take a bath with Epson salts and soak your scalp in the water? I have found using Epson Salts reduces the swelling from the allergic reaction that reduces fissuring and itching so the skin heals faster.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Giraffe, Esq

« Reply #3221 on: September 07, 2014, 08:13:54 PM »
If you have multiple keyrings on your keychain, don't stick the key to your car's ignition through another one of the rings on its way into the ignition.

The car will start fine.  The car will drive fine.  The car will turn off fine.  ...the key will not come out of the ignition.  (Basically, the ring prevented the key from pushing in far enough to turn to the final position it needs to hit in order to be pulled out.)

On the plus side, the mechanic was able to unwind the ring, didn't charge me, and -- even more importantly -- didn't laugh at me.   ;D

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3222 on: September 07, 2014, 09:42:09 PM »

... the mechanic was able to unwind the ring, didn't charge me, and -- even more importantly -- didn't laugh at me.   ;D

And you will love him and cherish him and keep him as your mechanic for life!!  ;D

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3223 on: September 07, 2014, 10:52:51 PM »

... the mechanic was able to unwind the ring, didn't charge me, and -- even more importantly -- didn't laugh at me.   ;D

And you will love him and cherish him and keep him as your mechanic for life!!  ;D

And call him George.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Mal

« Reply #3224 on: September 08, 2014, 08:38:59 AM »

And call him George.

Even though his name is Howard.