Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 481774 times)

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« on: November 16, 2008, 08:06:56 PM »
What thing have you done thinking it would be a great idea, but actually turned out to be really dumb?

Today I colored my hair.  I've done this many times before with no problems.  I rinse in the sink using that little hose thing and the clean up is very minimal.   I just wipe down the counters.

Well, this time I thought that rinsing my hair while in the shower would be a fabulous idea!  Ya!  I'll just take a shower and rinse it all!  No holding my head upside down in the sink, no water going up my nose, I don't have to wipe off the counters!

uh.. ya, don't do that.

It looked like I slaughtered someone in there.  I had red dye on the walls.  On the shower curtain.  On the ceiling!  I had to clean up far more than I would have had I just done it the normal way. 

On the good side, my hair turned out the pretty red I was going for!
Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 08:46:24 PM »
Look on the bright side, you got to feel like Janet Leigh for a little bit, and isn't that glamorous?
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 08:59:24 PM »
:D

WEEE WEEE WEEE WEEE WEEEE!!
Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

LadyMisha

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 02:40:55 AM »
Ok, just snorted diet Pepsi on this one!   :P

Sad thing is, I've done that before, but with brown hair dye.  Not sure which is worse... having walls that look like blood or like another body function (use your imagination!). 

Either way, ICK!  Heckuva way to learn your lesson, isn't it?   :D
Kids - the toughest job you'll ever love!

Shores

• Super Hero!
  • F.O.E.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 02:53:15 AM »
I dye my hair bright or dark (depending on the season) red every 3-4 weeks and I always rinse by taking a shower. If you're conscientious about not flipping your head around, you can actually do this with little to no splatter at all. It's made dying my hair worlds easier for me. :)
Wherever you go.... there you are.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 11:10:39 AM »
It looked like I slaughtered someone in there.  I had red dye on the walls.  On the shower curtain.  On the ceiling!  I had to clean up far more than I would have had I just done it the normal way. 

You could always hope that Will Peterson, Gary Sinese or David Caruso would show up to investigate!

I cooked beets the other day.  My kitchen looked like a crime scene.  I was looking over my shoulder for Gil or Mac to show up.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

KCee

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 02:03:08 PM »
I did this a few weeks ago, with "soft black" dye.  It looked like mildew.  :P

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 02:51:38 PM »
I dye my hair a very vibrant raspberry red.  It looks like a massive head wound when I put it on (and if it stains my head).  Our shower puts Psycho to shame.  *giggles* And I get the joy of having a slight pink hue for a day or so. 

WHere do you get your color?  If I use the grocery store stuff, I can't quite get the shade I want, but it lasts longer than the beauty salon stuff I do at home.

Right now I have a nice deep red bordering on goth red.

Trisha

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 05:59:10 PM »
That's how I rinse my hair, and I don't have that problem. Can you adjust it to not be so close to your head?

RedRuby

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 06:02:15 PM »
I decided to mix the batter for a cake with a hand mixer instead of the giant Kitchenaid mixer (that has a cover). The recipe called for lots of powdered sugar.

In just a couple of seconds there was powdered sugar everywhere. My kitchen looked like I'd been dealing cocaine out of it.

LiveLoveLearn

• The Girl Next Door
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 08:42:32 AM »
I decided to mix the batter for a cake with a hand mixer instead of the giant Kitchenaid mixer (that has a cover). The recipe called for lots of powdered sugar.

In just a couple of seconds there was powdered sugar everywhere. My kitchen looked like I'd been dealing cocaine out of it.

I had this happen the last time I was making red velvet cake.  I was mixing it, and one of the kids asked a question, so I turned around to answer - and brought the handheld mixer around with me.  There was red everywhere.

I also managed to dye up my entire guest bath a bloody red while dying my hair last time - I have waist length hair and somehow thought a 4X4 space was the best place to dye it... sigh.

I'm interested in the vibrate raspberry question too - that's the color mine is, but it always fades after a week or two.

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 12:34:50 PM »
Thanks!!

RedRuby

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 01:26:28 PM »

I had this happen the last time I was making red velvet cake.  I was mixing it, and one of the kids asked a question, so I turned around to answer - and brought the handheld mixer around with me.  There was red everywhere.

I also managed to dye up my entire guest bath a bloody red while dying my hair last time - I have waist length hair and somehow thought a 4X4 space was the best place to dye it... sigh.

I'm interested in the vibrate raspberry question too - that's the color mine is, but it always fades after a week or two.

Hahaha! Between the two of us we have a drug smuggler & a crime scene :).

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 04:57:03 PM »
I was making chili, and this particular recipe called for grinding up red pepper in a blender.  When I was done, there was a thick coating of red powder all over the inside of the blender, and in one of my moments of brilliance, I decided to blow it off.  I stuck my mouth and nose into the blender and took a deep puff.  A thick cloud of red pepper enveloped my head, and only a quick shower saved me from a night of burning eyes.
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 05:00:24 PM »
ow!!

I'll learn from that and won't do that if I ever need to grind red pepper in the blender.