Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 528988 times)

Adoptstrays

Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2008, 11:14:28 PM »
ROFLMYBUTTOFF  ;D  you poor things.....and the poor, poor passengers who had to go in there after you......

Paper Roses

« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2008, 01:38:47 AM »
ROFLMYBUTTOFF  ;D  you poor things.....and the poor, poor passengers who had to go in there after you......

Well, let's just say that I understand the expression "stink eye" very well.
No, you can't, because you wishpishabonnyfish.

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2008, 10:41:20 AM »
My roommate in college learned the hard way that if the steak you're broiling catches fire, you should not grab a paper plate and try to 'blow' the flames out.  I'm very happy that I walked in when I did.

I learned that leaving nail polish within 200 yards of a curious toddler will result in nail polish on your bedding, floor and toddler.  I also learned that that stuff will actually come out if you are willing to spend some time with remover.  I considered the sheets a loss anyhow and was pleasantly surprised to save them. 

Never try to change the toner on the fax machine because you don't want to bother the person who's supposed to do it.  Just let them do it.  (toner.  all.  over. EVERYTHING.  I think I cried.)

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2008, 12:01:32 PM »
If you're going to catch your kitchen on fire, make sure your neighbor has five of his most attractive military firemen friends visiting at the time.

Worked for us :)
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

RedRuby

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2008, 01:56:09 PM »
If you're going to catch your kitchen on fire, make sure your neighbor has five of his most attractive military firemen friends visiting at the time.

That sounds like a good plan :)

Pinky830

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2008, 01:57:17 PM »
I thought of this thread a little while ago.

Now that I am the High Goddess of the Pressure Washer at my house, I decided to do the swing that's hangin under our deck. Worked great except of course the water pressure made the swing move around, so I thought maybe I should take it down. Except I couldn't reach the hooks. Hey! I'll just stand ON THE SWING to reach them!

Oh, right, that's probably a bad idea.

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2008, 01:58:49 PM »

That sounds like a good plan :)

It was.

The second time roomie managed to catch the kitchen on fire, we weren't so lucky. But, at least then the building maintanence people believed us when we told them the oven was on the fritz!
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

Pinky830

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2008, 02:00:35 PM »
I learned that leaving nail polish within 200 yards of a curious toddler will result in nail polish on your bedding, floor and toddler.  I also learned that that stuff will actually come out if you are willing to spend some time with remover.  I considered the sheets a loss anyhow and was pleasantly surprised to save them. 

When my 2yo son spilled nail polish on the carpet, he got some on his feet. When my MIL asked him what happened when she saw his feet later, he sighed and said, "Mess. Big mess."

3 years later when DD did the same thing, I called the carpet cleaning guy and paid the emergency fee. $75 later, the polish was gone without a trace.

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2008, 02:03:15 PM »

When my 2yo son spilled nail polish on the carpet, he got some on his feet. When my MIL asked him what happened when she saw his feet later, he sighed and said, "Mess. Big mess."

3 years later when DD did the same thing, I called the carpet cleaning guy and paid the emergency fee. $75 later, the polish was gone without a trace.
My little sister used to be an escape artist (and for some reason mom wouldn't heed my sister and I when we suggested turning the crib upside down!). She got into the baby powder 1st. No matter how many times we vacuumed, whenever you walked into her room you'd see little clouds of white puffing up where you walked.

Then she got into the vaseline - and smeared it everywhere. Poor Pooh Bear had to be tossed.

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2008, 04:41:58 PM »
hehehe

I don't mean to laugh, but these are all too funny.....

Mrs. Eclipse

• The Terrible Pun
  • I know dreams come true because all of mine have.
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2008, 07:49:27 PM »
How about this:  dishwashER liquid is not the same as dishwashING liquid.  One goes in the sink, and one goes in the dishwasher.  And there's a reson for that, too.

Bubbles everywhere!  Pity I had to miss them...
"My feet are killing me."
"That may be true, but you can't press charges unless you catch them in the act!"
-Sam & Max, Bright Side of the Moon

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2008, 07:50:37 PM »
How about this:  dishwashER liquid is not the same as dishwashING liquid.  One goes in the sink, and one goes in the dishwasher.  And there's a reson for that, too.

Well, at least you end up with a clean floor!
Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

RedRuby

« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2008, 08:28:02 PM »

That sounds like something I would do! Thanks for the warning!

Pinky830

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2008, 04:33:14 PM »

My roommate did that once. It was a heck of a sight. I couldn't get too upset, though, as it was only a few months after my encounter with the toaster (upthread).

soetkin

« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2008, 05:59:20 AM »

My roommate did that once. It was a heck of a sight. I couldn't get too upset, though, as it was only a few months after my encounter with the toaster (upthread).
I did it once. WALL OF BUBBLES!!! I laughed like a loon during the entire clean-up.