Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 510320 times)

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #90 on: December 25, 2008, 01:24:05 AM »
I grabbed a burner once, intending to lift it so I could reach under and get something. I forgot that I had *just* turned it off. Oweee!
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

MrsO

• Super Hero!
« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2008, 11:00:50 AM »
My DD learned a new one yesterday.
Don't stick your finger in a lit jar candle.
She has a blister to remind her not to do that again.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2008, 09:17:37 AM »
I learned that you shouldn't take a drink at a pivotal moment in a TV comedy show, lest you prove your mother right and drown in a drink of water.

I was watching a Friends episode where Rachel and Monica watch Ross's son. I can't remember exactly what happened, but somehow the baby bumped his head. When they told Ross about it later, he started giving them grief in the form of he probably now has brain damage, etc, etc. He kept going on and on to freak them out, and then started laughing. While laughing, he started to run from them in their apartment, and turned around and ran right into the support pole that was in their apartment.

It was just as that happened that I took a drink of water. I found that day, that one inhales just as they start to laugh. I was trying to cough (hard to do when all you have in your lungs is water) and laugh, again, hard to do when all you have in your lungs is water. I was freaking my kids out, because I was probably turning blue.

Yes, you really can drown in a glass of water...

dietcokeofevil

« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2008, 12:14:30 AM »
How about this:  dishwashER liquid is not the same as dishwashING liquid.  One goes in the sink, and one goes in the dishwasher.  And there's a reson for that, too.

Bubbles everywhere!  Pity I had to miss them...

My DH did this the one time we used the dishwasher.  We had a lot of dishes that night, so DH decided to run the dishwasher.  About 5 minutes after it started, it dawned on me (no pun intended)-- we don't have dishwasher liquid-- what did DH use?

So I went into the kitchen to be confronted by what looked like a rabid dishwasher.

My dad did this once and to this day, I swear he did it on purpose so he would never have to do that chore again.  Too bad it didn't work... >:D

My DH (boyfriend at the time) did this one too.  He was visiting me and I had to go to work, so he decided to be nice and clean my apartment.  Came home and my dishtowels were hanging all around the kitchen...that's when he admitted what happened.

Shipoopi

« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2008, 12:39:59 AM »
Last time I dyed my hair red, I accidentally got it all over the brand new white towels, hand towels, and washcloths.  :o

Helena Handbasket

« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2008, 04:15:47 PM »
I have one!

If you have a gas oven and decide you want a baked potato and 30 minutes after you put the potato in remember you forgot to light the oven...

I learned that burned eyeballs feel like you have a beach full of sand in them.  Also that I look really funny without eyelashes, eyebrows and no hair around my face.

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2008, 05:07:57 PM »
ow!!

this is where the little toater oven comes in handy!
Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2008, 10:05:25 PM »
I am possitive this is a repeat, but I feel it is one that cannot be stated enough.
Do not, no matter how hungry you are, how good it looks, how great is smells, eat a pizza immediately after taking it out of the oven.
Let it sit for at least a few minutes.
Pizzamouth is a horrible thing.

Helena Handbasket

« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2008, 10:16:28 PM »
ow!!

this is where the little toaster oven comes in handy!

Since this was back in 1972 or so I'm not sure toaster ovens were even invented yet!  ;)  But I've always had electric ovens since then.

And I agree-pizzamouth is AWFUL.  Sizzling cheese searing its way through the roof of your mouth.  Yum.

snowfire

« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2008, 10:26:12 PM »
Pizza cheese...the gift that keeps on giving... :o

shadowfox79

« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2008, 06:16:39 AM »
Last time I dyed my hair red, I accidentally got it all over the brand new white towels, hand towels, and washcloths.  :o

While helping to dye my mother's hair while my aunt was staying with her, I couldn't get the gloves off (too slippery) so wiped them on a nearby towel before removing them.

It was my aunt's towel.

She was not impressed when the dye developed. Mum had a lovely head of chestnut hair and my aunt had a lovely towel covered in brown stains.

RedRuby

« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2008, 04:15:44 PM »
When I was a kid me & my friend came up with the brilliant idea that we'd drink our hot chocolate out of straws because drinking out of straws was fun. Um, well... it's not so much fun when the hot chocolate is scalding and your mouth is flooded with a whole lot of it in an instant - before you even realize how hot it is. Yah, don't do that. We quickly learned why we should sip it first.

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2008, 07:22:28 PM »
Ok, who remembers the exerciser thingie you put over the door knob?  You would work your arms and legs with a pully system thing that attached to a door knob.

Have I mentioned it attached to the door knob?

Ya.. here I was, about 12 years old merrily working away with the thing, zip zip zip zip ...  it's attached to the door knob.  My sister comes in the door.... CRACK!   splat-- the edge of the door went right into my skull.

So.. don't use the door knob exerciser thingies unless the door opens the OTHER way, away from you. 
Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

MrsO

• Super Hero!
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2009, 07:48:42 AM »
I had a new one yesterday! (Quite disgusting by the way) Don't have a spray tan when you have a cold/runny nose. You know how the stuff they spray on you is orangey/brown? Well, that stuff gets up your nose. And dyes everything up there orangey brown. I had a nose running with orangey brown mucus yesterday, which in turn dyed my nostrils bright orange. Not the look I was going for.

Miss Vertigo

« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2009, 07:57:07 AM »
I had a new one yesterday! (Quite disgusting by the way) Don't have a spray tan when you have a cold/runny nose. You know how the stuff they spray on you is orangey/brown? Well, that stuff gets up your nose. And dyes everything up there orangey brown. I had a nose running with orangey brown mucus yesterday, which in turn dyed my nostrils bright orange. Not the look I was going for.

Ha!

As a 10-year veteran of the London Black Snot phenomenon, during which one simply can't blame running mascara when one has a cold, I feel your pain  ;D