Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 529879 times)

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #1620 on: May 01, 2011, 11:23:25 AM »
Don't knock the sugar container that's up in the top shelf onto the floor. Especially if it's pretty full. Even worse, don't mop the floor up after you've spilled the sugar, because, well, sugar makes things sticky.

Thank my ex for this one. There still is sugar in the lower pantry. He should have just used the vacuum....*facepalm*

Uhm... I've done the same thing. But I don't have a vacuum, so I had few alternatives.

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #1621 on: May 01, 2011, 02:25:33 PM »
When assembling your shiny new grill, don't complete (irreversible) step B before you do step A, when step A is impossible after step B is completed...  Luckily, Weber anticipated my stupid mistake and included an extra part B, to replace the one we had to break to undo step B :)

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #1622 on: May 01, 2011, 02:29:08 PM »
I've accidentally put peanut butter in the fridge. I cracked up when I realized what I'd done. Oh well, at least it wasn't the freezer...
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Irishkitty

• Ce la vie
    • Cards and Crafts by Carol
« Reply #1623 on: May 01, 2011, 02:39:08 PM »
Years ago I used to home dye my hair. One day friend1 asked me to die her hair with a home hi-lite kit. I did it and she looked fab. Bear in mind that this was a light blonde hi-lite and she was honey blonde - a bit subtle, but fabulous.

A few weeks later friend2 asks me to hi-lite her hair. No bother - I'm on a role!

She's a brunette. Buys a blond hi-lite kit. Different make. I put the cap on her and start pulling through the strands of hair. I say to her I'll do every 2nd or 3rd one. No, she says, all of them... erm... ok. Then I mix up the dye - it's a lot less than the first kit. I say this to her. It'll be fine says she. I start to put the dye on... not enough! She ended up with blonde streaks at the front, then Pale Brown, then red, then back to brown...
 :-\
She had to borrow a hat to go home...

Ireland
Check out my handmade cards -
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CardsnCraftsbyCarol

lilfox

« Reply #1624 on: May 01, 2011, 03:32:04 PM »
On that note...
Don't try to do a home highlight kit by yourself.
If you do, and are somehow successful, don't assume the next time will work as well.
If you do it again, really don't try to save time by pulling the strands through the cap, then smearing on the paste instead of coating each strand separately.

FYI, the paste will not evenly coat the strands.  It will leak through the holes in the cap.  And you will have leopard print hair.   :-[

Larrabee

« Reply #1625 on: May 01, 2011, 03:39:23 PM »
I've accidentally put peanut butter in the fridge. I cracked up when I realized what I'd done. Oh well, at least it wasn't the freezer...

I always keep peanut butter in the fridge!  ???

MrsJWine

• Super Hero!
  • I have an excessive fondness for parentheses.
    • Wallydraigle
« Reply #1626 on: May 01, 2011, 03:45:56 PM »

I always keep peanut butter in the fridge!  ???

Natural peanut butter needs to be refrigerated.  Other kinds don't.  Even the Skippy "natural" peanut butter doesn't need to be.  It's much easier to spread unrefrigerated.  Shame.  I'm really sick of hacking it out of the jar with a pickax.

I have a blog.  I hate that word.

Utah

Irishkitty

• Ce la vie
« Reply #1627 on: May 01, 2011, 03:48:26 PM »
On that note...
Don't try to do a home highlight kit by yourself.
If you do, and are somehow successful, don't assume the next time will work as well.
If you do it again, really don't try to save time by pulling the strands through the cap, then smearing on the paste instead of coating each strand separately.

FYI, the paste will not evenly coat the strands.  It will leak through the holes in the cap.  And you will have leopard print hair.   :-[

Oh, that was 10 years ago and I have well learnt my lesson. Professionals from here on in  ;D
Ireland

AuntyT

« Reply #1628 on: May 02, 2011, 01:31:30 PM »
Don't put the gallon of blue paint on the bumper of your car.  If you do, don't leave it there while you're talking to a friend and pulling out the rest of the items out of your car.  If you ignored the first two points and knocked the gallon of paint off the bumper and on to the driveway where the can opened, don't leave the paint there for any length of time.  I guess the plus side is that the driveway now matches the bathroom walls.  ;D

Delia DeLyons

« Reply #1629 on: May 02, 2011, 09:04:33 PM »
     Dont put bubble bath in the foot spa.... Especially not in quantity sufficient enough for, oh... Say... A bubble bath?  Cue forhead slap heard round the world...
Once in a while you get your delight, in the strangest of faces if you look at it right...

Delia DeLyons

« Reply #1630 on: May 02, 2011, 09:09:44 PM »
     ...and I just wanted to relax (please feel free to form mental image of girl scooping armfuls of suds from spa thing to tub... Bubbles so fast I can barely turn around before spilling over... Thats my world right this second.)  Whats that you say?  Turn off the motor.... *double forehead slap*
Once in a while you get your delight, in the strangest of faces if you look at it right...

Zenith

• Life's Little Lunatic
« Reply #1631 on: May 02, 2011, 10:36:30 PM »
     Dont put bubble bath in the foot spa.... Especially not in quantity sufficient enough for, oh... Say... A bubble bath?  Cue forhead slap heard round the world...

Ditto that for all spas and dishwashers  ::). That was hilarious apart from the cleaning up. It looked like endless bubble volcano filling the room. Even funnier when your dishwasher smells of bubblegum for the next few weeks.

I like bubbles but I will not do that again unless the spa is outside so I can frolick in the bubble snow and I won't have to clean all of it up  ;D. Bubble bath in a kiddie pool caused with a high pressure hose is also fun, especially if el pupus has never seen bubbles before. Can't you tell I'm still 2  ;).

I find cleaning the bathroom after a deliberate bubble explosion is far more pleasant to do than just cleaning the bathroom normally, just be prepared to be laughed at and called a nut. Plus I do like a bubblegum scented bathroom, not that icky cleaner smell.

Irishkitty

• Ce la vie
« Reply #1632 on: May 03, 2011, 04:30:02 AM »
You don't put a 10 litre bucket of wood stain balancing on a little narrow brick wall...

Cue half of it on the ground, leaking under the fence into next doors garden and all over the side of your compost bin.

Head, meet hand. *slap*

DH had the sense not to say a word as he walked past while I was dipping the brush into the puddle and trying to alternatly put it back into the bucket and keep painting the fence...
Ireland

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1633 on: May 03, 2011, 02:41:57 PM »
Don't be so careful about getting all the loose tissues out of your pants pockets before washing, only to find out you left the plastic container of tissues in another pocket. Wasted a bunch of perfectly good tissues.
I'm always leaving a tissue or paper napkin in my pants pocket.  My mother taught me to always.always.always check all pockets before putting the pants in the laundry. She's also the #@%* that taught me how to fold a tissue neatly and keep it handy in my pocket!  Yes, she was often found picking bits of tissue off of an entire load of laundry, when she wasn't leaving her lipstick in a pants pocket to much worse effect.

*This is not an attempt to get around the filters; I have no specific word in mind. >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1634 on: May 03, 2011, 02:44:30 PM »
    ...and I just wanted to relax (please feel free to form mental image of girl scooping armfuls of suds from spa thing to tub... Bubbles so fast I can barely turn around before spilling over... Thats my world right this second.)  Whats that you say?  Turn off the motor.... *double forehead slap*
Once upon a time in a land far, far away, I was married to XH#1 and we had a jacuzzi in the backyard.  We put bubble bath in it on purpose a couple times.  The resulting Bubble Volcano was lots of tun.  I can also see it as a great start to cleaning the bathroom, like Zenith. >:D  Just don't put liquid dish detergent in the dishwasher of the vacation rental unit like my DH on our honeymoon.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius