Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 531852 times)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #2490 on: September 24, 2012, 04:26:39 PM »
Don't read E-Hell...because when you spend 6 hours a day asking people "Can I get you X?", all you hear is "k'nnihave" and "k'nnichat".  I almost immediately changed it to "Would you like X?" because I couldn't get "k'nnihave" and "k'nnichat" out of my brain.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Carotte

« Reply #2491 on: September 29, 2012, 09:52:05 AM »
At least I doubt it will do me much harm, but don't eat a pack of twix that expired in 2007, they taste a bit funny and not good at all.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2492 on: September 29, 2012, 09:31:53 PM »
If you are a full-grown bull moose, do not attempt to play on the swingset.  You will get tangled up in the swing chains and a park ranger will have to cut you free with bolt-cutters.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=84d_1344622478
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

EmmaJ.

« Reply #2493 on: September 30, 2012, 12:07:25 PM »
If you are a full-grown bull moose, do not attempt to play on the swingset.  You will get tangled up in the swing chains and a park ranger will have to cut you free with bolt-cutters.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=84d_1344622478

Oh my goodness!!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #2494 on: October 02, 2012, 04:19:41 PM »
When you have just grabbed a big pinch of ground pepper while cooking, don't touch your face. At all.

I now know why pepper spray works so well.  ::)

Wulfie

• I'm so pretty! Oh so pretty! - Morgan the Cat
    • Unique Weddings for Unique Couples
« Reply #2495 on: October 02, 2012, 04:23:01 PM »
This guy managed to shoot himself in the head while fishing.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Man-says-he-shot-himself-in-head-fishing-172297181.html

In brief: Man shot .22 into the river and the bullet bounced up and hit him in the head. He scratched the spot and the bullet came out and fell in the river.

My questions: Why did he take a .22 fishing? Any why did he shoot the river?

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2496 on: October 02, 2012, 08:05:19 PM »
When you get home from work and take frozen pumpkin out to make pumpkin pie filling and discover you don't have enough, be very careful when cutting your pie pumpkins in half to roast them!  I have a really good slice in my thumb now.

Yeah, I have a tonne of cooking/baking to do this week and now, I have a bandaid on my thumb.  I think I'm going to steal a few gloves from work for rolling the pastry tomorrow night.   :P
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #2497 on: October 02, 2012, 08:23:38 PM »

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Man-says-he-shot-himself-in-head-fishing-172297181.html

In brief: Man shot .22 into the river and the bullet bounced up and hit him in the head. He scratched the spot and the bullet came out and fell in the river.

If you fire a gun into water, the impact and shockwave will stun nearby fish, who will float to the surface for easy scooping.  Or so I hear.  I don't know that a .22 would be all that effective though.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

clio917

« Reply #2498 on: October 02, 2012, 08:50:39 PM »

If you fire a gun into water, the impact and shockwave will stun nearby fish, who will float to the surface for easy scooping.  Or so I hear.  I don't know that a .22 would be all that effective though.

If that was what he was trying to do, he should have just saved up some firecrackers from the 4th of July... Although it would have come to the attention of Fish & Game officers much faster...

He's lucky he only used a .22, though! Anything higher power and his family could have collected his Darwin award...

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2499 on: October 03, 2012, 07:06:06 PM »
Doesn't worked real well on Blue Box Mac and Cheese either. 

What's Blue Box? You mean Best Buy? (Isn't that what people around here call Best Buy?)
Words mean things.

greencat

« Reply #2500 on: October 03, 2012, 08:16:40 PM »
Doesn't worked real well on Blue Box Mac and Cheese either. 

What's Blue Box? You mean Best Buy? (Isn't that what people around here call Best Buy?)

I assume that when talking about mac & cheeze, Blue Box refers to Kraft.

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2501 on: October 03, 2012, 10:07:36 PM »
Ah, okay. That makes sense. Are we not supposed to mention Kraft?
Words mean things.

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #2502 on: October 03, 2012, 10:33:23 PM »
Ah, okay. That makes sense. Are we not supposed to mention Kraft?

Some people don't mention brand names, but it's not a hard and fast rule that you can't.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Ereine

« Reply #2503 on: October 04, 2012, 12:25:00 AM »
There's no rule that you can't mention brand names (at least so the mods have said before). Some people just do it for their own reasons, whatever they may be (I'm guessing a fear of getting sued or something?). It makes it a bit difficult for non-American people to follow the story sometimes.

Something I shouldn't have done. My mother has a dish drying cupboard that was a bit too full. There was a knife balanced on the edge, in front of a lid I was reaching for. The knife fell off of course and hit my mother on the wrist, narrowly avoiding doing real damage. I should have moved the knife first and it should have never been in such a dangerous position in the first place.

Reader

« Reply #2504 on: October 04, 2012, 01:03:51 PM »
When cleaning up the kitchen (which I shouldn't had to since I haven't used it all week, been eating take out lately, and it's my 2 roomates mess but I was was making something and I require at least one clean counter top to work on) take a knife with plastic handle that had been left on the stove (not on thankfully) but in frustration I went to toss it on the counter above the dishwasher where dirty dishes are supposed to be put, only to find out I threw it so well it actually stuck in the wall at the tip.  So now I has a small nick in my wall.  The funny thing was if I had tried to do that on purpose I could have tried 50 times with no success.