Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 523272 times)

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #2595 on: January 09, 2013, 05:31:12 PM »
So, he was immensely proud that, when the church found a new secretary several months later, one of the plants was still green. Until the day he went to water the one remaining plant, he nudged it, and a half gallon of water spilled out of the bottom of the potted fake tree.
Were any of the other plants still green/alive?

Nope. He had three or four pots of kindling and one lovely, vibrant ficus.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

MandiC76

« Reply #2596 on: January 25, 2013, 10:40:06 AM »
One from last night:
When you know your tub is not draining properly, you might want to check out the problem BEFORE using the shower to rinse out the hair color you just applied, or else you'll be standing in ankle-deep dark reddish-brown water. I'm lucky my feet aren't dark brown, and that the tub isn't stained. (And since I was unable to clear the clog myself, maintenance for the apartment complex has been contacted!)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #2597 on: January 25, 2013, 03:39:18 PM »
Here where I live you are allowed to drink from 16 years old and up, and we often have high-school students and young university students partying in the streets in the middle of the winter night in very flimsy clothes. Bare midriff, deep cleavage, the works. Sooo not healthy...  :(

Reminds me of a fashion statement I saw a couple of years ago.

If you live in Canada, and are travelling in January in subzero temperatures, do not wear a midriff-baring sweater, under a midriff-baring parka.

In fact, don't even manufacture midriff-bearing parkas. It indicates that you have no idea, as a clothing designer, what the point of a parka actually is.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #2598 on: February 13, 2013, 02:59:28 PM »
So.
Mr. Dragon was at an evening meeting, leaving just DragonSon and I home for supper.
Son and I agreed that we would each fix our own meal.

I decided to eat some of the foods that Mr. Dragon doesn't care for and indulge myself a bit.
Not a good idea.

Opened up a jar of pickled garlic and nibbled away while watching the television.
Only to realize I'd consumed the entire jar.  :o

Mr. Dragon was...not impressed...by his garlic-infused spouse.  :P
Apparently I ate about 3 vampire's worth because he slept on the couch and wouldn't kiss me for a day.  ::)

(At work I ate a lot of mints and avoided being near anybody. Oops!)

Carotte

« Reply #2599 on: February 13, 2013, 03:30:18 PM »
When you're making ginger syrup and it's happily boiling away, resisting the urge to lick the spoon can be a good idea... I'm surprised I didn't burn myself, and that I still have some syrup left from all the spoon licking I did.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #2600 on: February 13, 2013, 04:26:50 PM »
Opened up a jar of pickled garlic and nibbled away while watching the television.

Apparently I ate about 3 vampire's worth because he slept on the couch and wouldn't kiss me for a day.  ::)

I used to date a guy who rented a room in his condo to his cousin.  The 3 of us decided to go out to pizza one Friday night.  This particular pizzeria makes a special roast garlic pizza.  Yep, just sauce, cheese, and a ton of roast garlic.  It was delicious.  We spent the whole weekend together, probably so no one who wasn't under the influence of roast garlic pizza would catch a whiff.  By Sunday afternoon, we couldn't believe that we still reeked of garlic.  We washed all 3 of our cars trying to sweat it out of our system.  That effort was moderately successful.  At least we got clean cars out of it.  No one else could smell the garlic on our bodies as they passed by, but none of us would have passed the armpit test so we didn't let anyone sniff our armpits. >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2601 on: February 13, 2013, 08:06:11 PM »

I used to date a guy who rented a room in his condo to his cousin.  The 3 of us decided to go out to pizza one Friday night.  This particular pizzeria makes a special roast garlic pizza.  Yep, just sauce, cheese, and a ton of roast garlic.  It was delicious.  We spent the whole weekend together, probably so no one who wasn't under the influence of roast garlic pizza would catch a whiff.  By Sunday afternoon, we couldn't believe that we still reeked of garlic.  We washed all 3 of our cars trying to sweat it out of our system.  That effort was moderately successful.  At least we got clean cars out of it.  No one else could smell the garlic on our bodies as they passed by, but none of us would have passed the armpit test so we didn't let anyone sniff our armpits. >:D
Is that a little hole-in-the-wall pizza place in Hilo?  I met DH in Hawaii on his way back from Australia. (Business trip.  I used his frequent flyer points, so airfare for me was only $25!) He brought back a nose-drizzling Australian cold, and promptly gave it to me.  We found this teeny little pizza place in Hilo and ordered the garlic pizza.  There must have been most of a bulb of garlic on this medium pizza.  We ate all of it, and the next morning, the score was Hawaiian garlic 2 - Australian cold virus 0.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #2602 on: February 13, 2013, 08:26:36 PM »
I learned the hard way not to carry a bowl of chili from the kitchen, thru the dining room, to the living room in a hurry to watch something on TV.  Oh my, the wall, the ceiling, my nice bathrobe.  :( Not pretty.  Iím lucky I didnít hurt myself.  :-\

(I forgot the lesson I learned doing something similar with a bowl of chocolate ice cream.)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #2603 on: February 13, 2013, 08:53:40 PM »
I learned the hard way not to carry a bowl of chili from the kitchen, thru the dining room, to the living room in a hurry to watch something on TV.  Oh my, the wall, the ceiling, my nice bathrobe.  :( Not pretty.  Iím lucky I didnít hurt myself.  :-\

(I forgot the lesson I learned doing something similar with a bowl of chocolate ice cream.)

I learned something similar with a bowl of chicken noodle soup...the wall, the ceiling, the window, the refrigerator, the dog treats, the dog food, the cupboards (it was a hallway opening into part of the kitchen).  I feel your pain.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

clio917

« Reply #2604 on: February 13, 2013, 10:04:32 PM »
When you are trying to sand down a small object with a grinding stone attached to a Dremel tool, try to keep your fingers out of the way. I now have a lovely deep groove in my fingernail and also learned that when touched to a grinding stone spinning at 20,000 RPM, fingernails melt/burn, smell very bad, and HURT!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #2605 on: February 14, 2013, 09:25:28 AM »
Ouch!

When I got up this morning, I turned off the alarm, then went to walk around the bed. I turned too soon, tripping over the end of the bed, hurting my right food and propelling myself (like superman) over the bed and DH  :-[. DH caught me before I hit his night stand. It took 10 minutes before my adrenaline subsided enough for me to get in the shower. Grace and talent here!  :-\

Amava

« Reply #2606 on: February 14, 2013, 10:59:27 AM »
Ouch!

When I got up this morning, I turned off the alarm, then went to walk around the bed. I turned too soon, tripping over the end of the bed, hurting my right food and propelling myself (like superman) over the bed and DH  :-[. DH caught me before I hit his night stand. It took 10 minutes before my adrenaline subsided enough for me to get in the shower. Grace and talent here!  :-\

Look, I know and respect that some people think Valentine is a special day and a perfect occasion to try something new in the bedroom, but you're overdoing it.  ;D
Is your foot okay?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #2607 on: February 14, 2013, 11:37:28 AM »
Laughing so hard!

My foot stings and my back is a little off today because of my superman flying adventure. I have to give all the credit to DH, he came out of REM sleep, caught me, made sure I was okay, and then made breakfast and helped decorate the brownies I made for work. He's bonafide!

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #2608 on: February 14, 2013, 11:55:57 AM »
clio917 and ladyknight1 - yikes!   :(
It's scarey how easily an accident can happen in your own home.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #2609 on: February 14, 2013, 06:45:55 PM »
Is that a little hole-in-the-wall pizza place in Hilo?  I met DH in Hawaii on his way back from Australia. (Business trip.  I used his frequent flyer points, so airfare for me was only $25!) He brought back a nose-drizzling Australian cold, and promptly gave it to me.  We found this teeny little pizza place in Hilo and ordered the garlic pizza.  There must have been most of a bulb of garlic on this medium pizza.  We ate all of it, and the next morning, the score was Hawaiian garlic 2 - Australian cold virus 0.
It was before I moved to Hawaii.  The pizzeria was in Palo Alto, CA.

I'll be lookin' for that hole-in-the-wall pizza place next time I visit Hilo.

When we have sinus congestion or feel a cold coming on, we'll eat Thai or Cambodian food.  We have our favorite restaurants where they know us.  DH likes his food spicier than I do, so we usually get "hot."  One time DH decided he wanted to try "Thai hot."  The waitress, who knows what we usually have, checked twice - Are you sure?  When the Thai hot deep-fried calamari arrived, I could not eat it.  It was so hot!  DH ate the whole entree with sweat pouring off his brow.  The waitresses were watching and laughing.  I tried eating rice to neutralize the chili, but I still couldn't swallow.

Uh ... yeah, don't order "Thai hot" unless you really like spicy food. :-[
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius