Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 529473 times)

Snooks

Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #2610 on: February 16, 2013, 04:47:30 PM »
I learned the hard way not to carry a bowl of chili from the kitchen, thru the dining room, to the living room in a hurry to watch something on TV.  Oh my, the wall, the ceiling, my nice bathrobe.  :( Not pretty.  Iím lucky I didnít hurt myself.  :-\

(I forgot the lesson I learned doing something similar with a bowl of chocolate ice cream.)

I learned something similar with a bowl of chicken noodle soup...the wall, the ceiling, the window, the refrigerator, the dog treats, the dog food, the cupboards (it was a hallway opening into part of the kitchen).  I feel your pain.

Mine was chicken noodles, microwave on top of the refrigerator, boiling water down my face.

crankycat

« Reply #2611 on: February 17, 2013, 06:13:54 PM »
If you are not going to screw the lid down all the way on a container, at the very least don't try to carry it back to the fridge by grabbing said lid.  Did you know that the plastic mayo jars bounce and that mayo is very difficult to clean off the ceiling?

mmswm

« Reply #2612 on: February 17, 2013, 07:16:14 PM »
If you are not going to screw the lid down all the way on a container, at the very least don't try to carry it back to the fridge by grabbing said lid.  Did you know that the plastic mayo jars bounce and that mayo is very difficult to clean off the ceiling?

Okay, I know this is going to sound nuts, but spray the mayo stains down with WD-40, wipe it away, then follow up with the degreaser of your choice.

Ask me how I know this works...
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #2613 on: February 17, 2013, 11:04:00 PM »
In my BFFs kitchen, I have cut myself opening a can, sprayed mustard all over when I opened a bottle of it after shaking it, and covered myself with ketchup when I shook it after forgetting to close the bottle.

Bluenomi

« Reply #2614 on: February 17, 2013, 11:55:37 PM »
DH, for some unknown reason, decided my jumbo bottle of conditioner needed a shake before he put it on the belt at the supermarket. Turns out the kid wasn't on right and it went everywhere. So we ended up having to clean him, the belt, the trolley, the floor, etc with a huge line behind us giggling at every moment. Sigh

mmswm

« Reply #2615 on: February 18, 2013, 01:06:35 AM »
DH, for some unknown reason, decided my jumbo bottle of conditioner needed a shake before he put it on the belt at the supermarket. Turns out the kid wasn't on right and it went everywhere. So we ended up having to clean him, the belt, the trolley, the floor, etc with a huge line behind us giggling at every moment. Sigh

Wow!  So that's where kids come from!  ;D
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Bluenomi

« Reply #2616 on: February 18, 2013, 01:12:29 AM »

Wow!  So that's where kids come from!  ;D

Doh! I can't type today  :P   ;D

mmswm

« Reply #2617 on: February 18, 2013, 01:27:55 AM »
We all have those days.  I still tease my father about having to "dulge the babysitter", and that autocorrect was quite some time ago.  For the record, he was telling me I would "need to baby" the door handle of my car because it was broken and it would be a few days before I could get to his house where he had the tools for me to borrow and be able to fix it.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2618 on: February 18, 2013, 10:53:57 AM »
We all have those days.  I still tease my father about having to "dulge the babysitter", and that autocorrect was quite some time ago.  For the record, he was telling me I would "need to baby" the door handle of my car because it was broken and it would be a few days before I could get to his house where he had the tools for me to borrow and be able to fix it.

That's good, because I'm pretty sure that dulging babysitters is against the law!   ;D

Softly Spoken

• "I am a hawk on a cliff..."
« Reply #2619 on: March 04, 2013, 12:43:43 AM »
I learned this one from my brother:

If you have just upgraded your glasses to the flexible wire frame...don't show off to your sister how flexible they are by twisting them completely around.

It went something like this:

Bro: Yeah, they are really awesome! Look how far I can twist them around without them break-- *SNAP*
Me:  :o  ;D BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Bro:  :o :-[ >:(  :'( Shut. Up.
Me: *hee hee hee heeee*

Ya, don't do that! ::)
"... for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-William Shakespeare

"We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't."  ~Frank A. Clark

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #2620 on: March 12, 2013, 01:05:17 PM »
I had a glass of chocolate milk with lunch today.  This was not the problem.  I ate my lunch in the living room so that I could keep an eye on my 7-month-old DD while she played on the floor.  Also not the problem.  The problem came when I took a drink of the chocolate milk, and then set it back on the end table next to me on the couch.

Well, I set it halfway on the end table.  Turns out the glass prefers to have its whole self on the table, or else it unends itself onto the couch in protest.

I now sit with a change of pants, a scrubbed-down couch, and two pillows in the washing machine downstairs.  But no chocolate milk.

You know, I'm pretty sure my mother told me not to drink chocolate milk in the living room for exactly this reason.  I don't think I'll tell her about this.  ;D
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #2621 on: March 12, 2013, 02:38:24 PM »
My husband has learned before that eating cereal during one's commute is not a wise choice. That lesson was reinforced today.

Also, check the lid on one's coffee cup, before holding it precariously in one hand or one's clothing will be decorated with hot coffee. Yep, that one too.

greencat

« Reply #2622 on: March 18, 2013, 11:27:27 AM »
Don't try to make your convention costume out of metal pieces/JB Weld, when you know very well you're allergic to metal.  The resulting welts will be unsightly and the costume assembly process will be a waste of money (well, sort of - some parts of it worked out okay.)

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #2623 on: March 19, 2013, 09:14:51 PM »
When walking down a set of concrete stairs, don't miss the step and tumble ankle-over-teakettle down several steps.

I am now limping with a massive bruise on my thigh and assorted scrapes, bumps and bangs.
Mrph.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #2624 on: March 19, 2013, 09:31:43 PM »
So sorry, white dragon. I have done that too many times.  :(