One of my exes left his lighter in his pants pocket. That made an interesting "boom" when it exploded in the dryer. Fortunately there wasn't a lot of fluid left in it.
I accidentally washed a tube of superglue once. I held a funeral for that load of clothes
When I was in a very remote place, dad and sis and I were surviving off the land. We had cheap plastic lighters and camp stoves. We knew well enough to keep lighters away from the camp stoves (the kind with an external refillable fuel tank, you could use white gas or kerosene). I was sitting at the makeshift table heating up some water for tea. Dad and sis were on the beds a few feet away (relatively small cabin, everything was living space, even the beds). The small fuel cannister was on one side of the burner, the lighter was on the other side of the burner with a few thermoses and a bowl between them.
All of a sudden, POOF! My face is slightly singed, the fleece of my pants is slightly singed, and the lighter is on fire. Literally on fire. There's a hole in the plastic on the side that's shooting out a half inch of flame. I'm about three feet back, having jumped back so far at the explosion in the first place, staring dumbfounded. Dad is making sure I'm okay, freaking out. Sis runs forward and grabs the lighter, takes it to the front door, and freezes. She's yelling at dad asking if she can throw it outside. Dad's yelling at her to just get rid of it, get rid of it, she's yelling back should I throw it into the puddle? What do I do now? It's raining, there's a huge puddle that we've been calling "Lake Lastname" because of how gigantic it is, and she aims the lighter to hit the middle of it. Fire's out, I'm okay, the water is ready for tea.
We're guessing there was a microfracture in the side of the lighter. It was sitting there, a few feet from an open flame, and the trace amounts of vapor escaping it got ignited and went right back to the source, but there wasn't much fuel left in it to make a huge exposion or fire. Still, it got my heart rate up for a while. When our guide came over from hearing the commotion, he laughed it off after making sure I was okay. The camera crew that came back the next day got mad at us. We should have waited until they were filming to do something exciting like that.
Also, the camera crew tried to burn the cabin down. They weren't happy with the lighting situation (in a situation with no electricity, running water, or anything else in an area that rains most of the time, what did they expect?) so they set up a propane lantern against the bedframe. Where sis's down vest was hanging. Burned through the shell, burned some of the feathers, I had to sew some duct tape in place (otherwise the cold would kill the glue on the tape). Instead of actually turning the lantern down, they just stick it against the wall. The wooden wall. The wall with no sort of fire retardent at all. And then they get surprised when they burn a hole in the wall and we have to pour our drinking water down the hole to make sure there's no embers in the insulation.
The guide who owns the cabin was less than pleased, but at least he knew exactly who to blame.